What is and what causes homosexuality?

B

Blaze

Been done so many times already by real biblical scholars. Although, I don’t think you need to be a scholar to see it for yourself. That’s of course if you want to see it. Plenty examples of what we today consider immoral acts in god’s name.
You have a good point. Many things people do supposedly in God's name are abhorrent and disgusting. That is nothing new either but all throughout history there are examples of that. I guess when I listen to you I cannot understand how you could think the morality of the 10 commandments for instance are anything but good. I should not steal from you, commit adultery and hurt my wife, not bear false witness against you, not lay with your wife, kill you etc.... seems like pretty good stuff to me. Your objections can't really be with those things. Maybe your real issue is that you think the Bible is a phony fairy tale , the concept of a God is insane and without any proof, and many of the people who profess to follow it are awful human beings behaving just terribly. Some churches seem to be big money making organizations and preach love while doing very little to serve those needy who are suffering. Are you throwing the baby out with the bath water my friend and throwing all believers into one category of unintelligent or mentally ill , or evil or hypocrites? There is certainly a lot of great philosophical things in the bible one can appreciate even if they do not buy the God sent his son / the whole salvation thing....

I believe in these things but I can certainly without judging you appreciate how difficult and contrary to reason religious faith might look to you from your perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oleg

We are in LGBT month and I am very curious what causes homosexuality. I have read many theories such as social conditioning, trauma, wrong cocktail of hormones in the womb, epigentics, theological vice and even gay germ theory.

Please note I come from a Christian background so to me I can’t comprehend homosexuality being natural and thus moral. Many gay people I know are good people so I am very torn inside and need to know what is homosexuality?

What is your theory?
Homosexuality is only one side of sexuality. The other end is heterosexuality. So what causes heterosexuality? I know many guys who are attracted to both sexes in various degrees. Not talking about female sexuality though. Sexuality is much more complex than most people want to admit

AndrogenicJB

You are not wrong about western society and even our legal system being based on judeo-christian values. but it goes deeper and is far more ancient than that. The judeo christian ethical concepts predates the jews recording stuff on scrolls and the written bible.
God built a sense of right and wrong directly into man from the very beginning. That built in moral compass was later written down and expressed as the golden rule and judeo christian ethics and many other notions of laws and morays common to all ethical systems, religious ones and non religious ones. We cannot escape the sense that we need morality , it is built into our psyche. It will always express itself. Morals are the subjective way we judge and condemn each other for what we deem bad behavior and praise accepted behavior. Moral pressure brought to bear is man trying to dominate and exert control over other men. Supposedly for our own good. Sometimes it obvioulsy works for the good of us all. To the contrary, this new perversion of morality lately we see used against us during covid is unsettling.

Lately the new religion of medicine is asserting the idea that you are immoral and evil if you don't get vaccinated or wear your mask. Future mandatory rules taking away freedom will be based on medicine and government knowing what's best for you. Welcome to the new morality, I prefer the golden rule or the biblical based one.
I would agree with you, morality is of fundamental importance but I would add that is objective rather than subjective

AndrogenicJB

Been done so many times already by real biblical scholars. Although, I don’t think you need to be a scholar to see it for yourself. That’s of course if you want to see it. Plenty examples of what we today consider immoral acts in god’s name.
For every biblical scholar you name, they can be outnumbered in mass by those who think otherwise because they know more than Oleg. I suggest you read is God a moral monster, that is, if you have the courage of your convictions and are willing to have your worldview changed on what is objectively true about christian ethics contextually. I am skeptical you would do it but in Gods name I pray you prove me wrong. Look into the objections to your objections without any bias and re-evaluate, I implore you. If anything take care and may God bless you

Dragulescu

Hormones Hormones and Hormones. Especially in pregnancy, even things like stress, estrogen, endotoxin, pufa and especially shame can cause aggresive homosexuality.

There is however a type of homosexuality(a minority in nature), which seems to occur naturally, most likely due to unstudied things of how different intercourse position/stimulation affect nervous system.

Dragulescu

Hormones Hormones and Hormones. Especially in pregnancy, even things like stress, estrogen, endotoxin, pufa and especially shame can cause aggresive homosexuality.

There is however a type of homosexuality(a minority in nature), which seems to occur naturally, most likely due to unstudied things of how different intercourse position/stimulation affect nervous system.
For example: Ray peat has mentioned extreme sexual arousal can cause herpes, something similar can happen. In Kama Sutra it is said certain parts of Vulva or Clitoris when stimulated during sex cause homosexuality.

Oleg

Aggressive homosexuality!? Is it the same as aggressive heterosexuality?

pauljacob

What causes Homosexuality? Primarily bad luck. Also a deep lack of self-worth and a deeper urge to disrupt the moral order to get even with whatever and whomever the homo resents and hates.

P

Peatness

What causes Homosexuality? Primarily bad luck. Also a deep lack of self-worth and a deeper urge to disrupt the moral order to get even with whatever and whomever the homo resents and hates.
Oh dear!

skittles

I feel like we could discuss this topic without bringing religion or morality into it..

Not that I have anything to add.. Haha

It is interesting though.

Ideonaut

I assume it is mainly abnormal hormone/endocrine disruptor exposure during critical phases of development (e.g. womb) which may also influence gene expression.
Assume? Mainly? What kind of thinking is that? Any evidence? I've met some homosexuals who have evident hormone problems. Most homosexuals I've observed seem normal hormonally, though this could be checked scientifically. Some homosexuals I've known seem to have a strong homosexual belief system (so I'd call it homosexualism, not homosexuality) that in the case of lesbians seems to be an extension of radical feminism and liberalism--a desire to be special and on the cutting edge of coolness and with all the rights and advantages of rebellious victimhood. There seems to be a meme involved, pushed by moneyed interests. I don't assume anything, but guess, from observation, that this is the nature and source of a good deal of if not most homosexuality.

pauljacob

I feel like we could discuss this topic without bringing religion or morality into it..

Not that I have anything to add.. Haha

It is interesting though.
Then, you'd be like the mechanic who was working on a car that won't run. He changed the battery, the spark plugs, the generator, the fuel injector, but still the car won't run simply because it was out of gas. Throwing chemicals at a spiritual/moral issue until you get blue in the face won't get you anywhere. Still, you'll continue to do that because it gives you the delusion that 'you think, therefore you are!' However, without the compass of the Spirit, you can think until you get blue in the face, and you'd still be nowhere. Chemically, man is worth less than a Dollar. Spiritually and morally, his worth is incalculable.

AndrogenicJB

Then, you'd be like the mechanic who was working on a car that won't run. He changed the battery, the spark plugs, the generator, the fuel injector, but still the car won't run simply because it was out of gas. Throwing chemicals at a spiritual/moral issue until you get blue in the face won't get you anywhere. Still, you'll continue to do that because it gives you the delusion that 'you think, therefore you are!' However, without the compass of the Spirit, you can think until you get blue in the face, and you'd still be nowhere. Chemically, man is worth less than a Dollar. Spiritually and morally, his worth is incalculable.
Quoting some Descartes I see

PxD

Lol.............witty, and a very good contrast.

This is one of the most longstanding debates in culture and religion. All the time we spend on condemning those different than us shows not just a lack of ability to think properly but really exposes our tendency to not love others as they are and a desire to control and judge everything and everyone around us that we don't agree with.

If you follow the Christian God, I have no issue with you at all. It's only natural to look for God in this tough existence. Condemning homosexuality as not natural and immoral............ not good. Why even go down that convoluted rabbit hole. No good can come from it. Just love and appreciate every person you encounter regardless if their orientation is different from yours and mine. It does not mean you endorse it or that you don't have a different preference.

Maybe what you need is a few good gay friends so you can see that apart from the bedroom, they are much like any other person. I have had friends who happened to be gay and it was no problem forming a great healthy relationship. And I never felt it was a religious conflict and a sin to have those friends either.

I have an issue with intolerance and lack of empathy.

If you are straight and cannot tolerate or love gays and seek to control their behavior and ability to express themselves and what opinions they can voice and say they are sick and deviant........ you need to grow.

If you are gay and cannot tolerate straight people's speech and opinions and seek to use your groups platform control their ability to express themselves and what opinions they can voice and want to ban free speech.... you need to grow.
Do you then accept pedophilia, necrophilia, and zoophilia as alternative forms of sexuality as well, or just homosexuality?

Re: the normality of homosexuals, are you aware of decades of research showing that homosexuals are not the clean-cut people you think they are? There are elevated levels of mental disease, drug abuse, alcoholism and partner abuse (lesbians), and pedophilia. Gay men have elevated levels of STDs because anal sex causes tears in the anal sphincter that make transmission of disease easier. This is why AIDS is such a big thing in the male homosexual community. If you think about it, it’s also a signal from Mother Nature that our a-holes weren’t meant to have things shoved up them.

Morality, in practice, can be summed up as rules to promote the long term survival of a group, transmitted in some kind of ethical, mystical or religious packaging. Homosexuality is judged as immoral by just about every moral system ever known to man because it opposes heterosexual relations, which produce new life (a good thing in and of itself, a good thing for the community, continued survival). The only thing that gay love can physically produce is, literally, filth (feces).

As far as what causes it is concerned, I've seen evidence suggesting that homosexuals are groomed in their early years, and some suggesting various endocrine processes in utero. It’s not well understood and I agree with Tarmander that it’s likely multifaceted, and I suspect that a good portion of it is choice - historically, societies have gone through phases of sexual liberation/degeneracy in various places at various times and almost without exception these periods are associated with general cultural, economic, and demographic decay and decline and terminate with a rapid snapback as the pendulum swings back the other way. Homonormativity has never endured anywhere where it popped up. This makes me think some of it has to do with social pressure and peer pressure, people getting caught up in the changing times, until the times change back again.

I think we also need to be reminded of what tolerance actually means sometimes. It just means to put up with something, even if one doesn’t like it. Using the actual definition, like 98% of the population is tolerant of it. What gays do in the bedroom doesn’t interest me, nor do I care, as long as it stays there.

But, the agenda pushers have now redefined ‘tolerance’ to ‘acceptance and promotion’. It’s crossing that line that so many people find repulsive - the flag of LGBT Imperialism flies throughout the month of June in many countries now, alongside national flags. It’s gone way beyond tolerance and into aggressive, cancel-culture driven agenda pushing, even on little children. This politicization is reprehensible and the more it’s pushed now, the worse the inevitable backlash will be when the culture swings back to historical norms again.

PxD

Same could be said about any sickness. Why seek to understand things that exist, am I right? What a bizarre, truly anti-intellectual attitude.
+1

From an evolutionary standpoint, all organisms share two fundamental, basic impulses: to acquire energy (eat) on the individual micro level, and to reproduce so as to keep the species going.

Homos lack the latter.

Based on that alone, I find really, really unconvincing any arguments that it’s a normal thing. If it was universally practiced, humanity would die out in short order.

I also find it unconvincing that because something exists out there somewhere in nature, even if only in rare cases, it’s therefore ok and there’s nothing abnormal or harmful about it.

PxD

If it had a single explanation like "genes" or "lots of older brothers" we would probably already know. Multifaceted
Looking at the graph below, I think it’s pretty obvious that multifaceted is likely.

There is no way genetic changes would explain the rapid shift in percentages from Gen X to Millennials to Gen Z over nine years. I think biological changes related to nutrition and such are also unlikely, since we only see this rapid rise in the US (maybe a couple other countries too), but not everywhere.

However, 2012 was around the time LGBT went into overdrive in the US, coincided with Obama’s 2nd term, and a hard left shift in the Establishment’s cultural agenda. Millennials were young adults then. Gen Z were children or teenagers being exposed to LGBT mainstreaming and propaganda. My conclusion is there is a baseline 1-3% of the population that identifies this way as a result of biological reasons, but it’s also evident that far greater numbers of people can be groomed/propagandized into practicing this lifestyle if you make it look cool.

1625428250511.png

Nebula

My guess is agricultural grain based diets and societies increases factors that may increase many types of developmental abnormalities over generations. Homosexuality is very uncommon among hunter societies, much more common among societies consuming starch and other inflammatory substances and the societal problems and imbalance that come from inequality of wealth. Allergenic and endotoxin producing staples might modify the development of secondary sexual characteristics during pregnancy and childhood.

Wild species that display some homosexual behavior seem to often live in very large groups. I wonder if pheromones and other biological signals can become confused when population density is high. Most mammals do not live in very large groups and humans rarely have until fairly recently.

Last edited:

skittles

I feel like you're missing the point of what I'm saying. I'm straight as an arrow, to the point that the constant barrage of homosexual imagery and normalization in our world has practically driven me away from society. No new media appeals to me, I'm not the target demographic for any advertisement, and I really can't get on board with anyone who's gung ho about it. It's like all anyone wants to talk about. My government is obsessed with it. It's very suspect to me how hard the media has been pushing it. All that said, I don't hate homosexual people - I'd never attack someone for whatever it is they wanna do because I know I only have control over one person in this world, myself. But I just don't connect with them. I've tried, but I just can't.

I don't think I was always this way. I was a pretty effeminate boy when I was younger. I didn't have much of a relationship with my father when I was young, I ate a lot of PUFA, I wasn't a Christian. I was never gay, or even bi-curious, but I knew a lot of people who were, and they were just like regular people to me. We connected, we got along.

But when I was about 25 or so, I started eating a diet very low in PUFA, I reconnected with my father, and I became a Christian. Now that I'm 32, I have no gay friends or trans friends because it seems so incredibly alien to me that I just can't connect with it at all. I don't share any of their interests, or their ideologies or anything. There's a big part of me that feels kinda guilty about it. Like, am I a bigot for not caring about gay shows? Society sure makes a straight guy feel like it, but it's silly cuz I don't feel like I'm a bigot for not liking chick flicks. I feel like society is trying to strap me in like A Clockwork Orange and force me to 'get used to it', but really it's just generating a bunch of media that I can't connect with in any way.

Now, are you telling me that the only reason I've changed is because I've found God? Because I can't help but feel like there's a lot more to it than that. Is it diet, is it upbringing? Is it microplastics and glyphosate? Is it just brainwashing? And what about allegedly Christian people who find it impossible to renounce their homosexuality? What about completely straight people who are 100% atheist?

I feel like this thread was created with the intention of figuring out what the biological mechanisms are, and why some people can't even imagine themselves as straight, and why some people are 100% the polar opposite. And yes, I feel certain that it's being intentionally done to destroy the fabric of society. They're pushing it way too hard for me to believe otherwise. But within a few posts this thread devolved into gay bashing, which.. all the more power to ya I guess, but I don't think answers the question at hand.

Now, all morality aside - I really think it does have a lot to do with biochemistry. Do chemicals added to foods cause homosexuality? Or do they simply make a person more susceptible to it? Does it have to do with the death of the nuclear family? These are the kinds of questions that are interesting to me.

At the risk of sounding like a homophobe (which I'm sure I already have in this post), is it a sign of a hormonal imbalance, and can it be 'fixed' with proper hormone function? Or is it just a result of watching too much gay TV with mom as children?