What Benefits Have You Gotten From Methylene Blue

Why would you think higher heart rate is good? it's bad. Efficient heart will work slow 50-60 bpm. 95 to me looks insanely huge number, unless you was running at that time :D In fact i feel the apposite effects. Im not saying it's because of MB but now my heart beats less frequently, especially at nights, it feels so efficient and relax. As i was sayin - loooks like i need less oxygen now vs before my MB and acetylsalicylic acid "diet".
Also i would not bring here studies, but i heard that the higher heart rate - the shorter the lifespan. I mean in animals who have high rate, lets say small ones vs those with slower.

Ray says the HR of 70-85 is better. He says that the higher number is stronger, called the "stairstep effect."

Here is verification of that:
http://circres.ahajournals.org/content/58/2/281.full.pdf

"During low levels of exercise, there was a linear increase in cardiac index due to an increase in both heart rate and stroke volume index; stroke volume index increased as a result of an increase in left ventricular filling pressure and end-diastolic volume index and, to a much smaller extent, a decrease in end-systolic volume index."

I think this approximates raising your HR by raising your metabolism. An increase of, say, 15% in HR corresponds to very moderate activity, and this study suggests as Ray has said, that the higher HR means the heart beats "stronger" than it does with a slower heartbeat.

CoolTweetPete

Ray says the HR of 70-85 is better. He says that the higher number is stronger, called the "stairstep effect."

Here is verification of that:
http://circres.ahajournals.org/content/58/2/281.full.pdf

"During low levels of exercise, there was a linear increase in cardiac index due to an increase in both heart rate and stroke volume index; stroke volume index increased as a result of an increase in left ventricular filling pressure and end-diastolic volume index and, to a much smaller extent, a decrease in end-systolic volume index."

I think this approximates raising your HR by raising your metabolism. An increase of, say, 15% in HR corresponds to very moderate activity, and this study suggests as Ray has said, that the higher HR means the heart beats "stronger" than it does with a slower heartbeat.

Interesting, thanks for this.

I wonder at what HR this benefit ceases and higher heart rates become detrimental. As you mentioned Ray has said 70-85bpm is good, but I wonder about high rates like 95BPM which marikay reported above. My girlfriend is consistently somewhere around 95-105bpm, and is naturally very thin, but has a short temper, lol. I've wondered if her pulse and temper might be symptoms of actual hyperthyroidism.

M

marikay

The higher heart rate from the MB didn't last long. It dropped down to the high 80's after about an hour or so. My heart rate was high 80's when I was younger and I was never sick, and I was thin even though I ate more than most of my friends, male or female. It is definitely a good thing for me. A lower pulse was something I heard was good from persons who I considered pretty sickly themselves. When my pulse dropped into the low 70's or even high 60's (after I ran a marathon) I felt terrible. And I looked like nuclear winter. The t4/t3 combination along with peaty foods and supplements have returned me to a pulse rate of 80 to 85, and my health (and my looks) are back in good shape. It hasn't always been easy (this forum helps) but it is definitely worth it.

Amazigh

I found that MB dramatically boosts my mental clarity. Even on days that I haven't had much sleep or when I've been sick, normally I can't think clearly and it's harder for me to do my work (creative field), but with MB my mind is sharp as a tack nonetheless. I experienced a marked cognitive decline a few years back when my metabolism took a nosedive which impacted my career (my coworkers noticed, and I even lost a job). My mind has not been clear like this in a long time and it feels like the lights have been switched on in my head.

I am dosing at .16mg/kg of body weight, which is an adjusted dose for the low end of the amount used in the animal studies (according to http://augmentationlimitless.blogspot.com/.../mitochondri...). I am 185 so my target dose comes out at 13.5mg (about 12 drops of straight up Kordon), 2x/day. I take it in an empty gel cap (since it tastes pretty gross to me).

By the way it made a huge difference for me when I started taking it twice a day after I learned that it has a half-life (I saw 5 hours in one source, another source says 10).

tara

Efficient heart will work slow 50-60 bpm.
Efficient at what? If you are looking for efficient use of fuel for endurance exercise, you are probably right. Ie you can run further on less calories.

Some of us here are trying to increase our oxygen and calorie use, and BMR, and higher resting-heart-rate roughly correlates with those (with possible variations for other factors, eg CO2 levels).

If the heart-rate is elevated by stress hormones, it's probably good to calm them down and consequently lower heart-rate.
50-60bpm looks like mild bradycardia to me. Depending on other signs and symptoms, it may be consistent with mildly suppressed thyroid function.

Hope

I have been using methylene blue for about 3 weeks now. My main reason for using it was to see if I would respond to thyroid better. Thyroid (Armour) has helped my mentation immensely, off all antidepressants. I can read and think again. However, I still struggle with horrible fatigue, low temps and ocular rosacea ( 8 years, two eye biopsies by the medical industrial complex and not an ounce of improvement.) I've worked my dosage up to 10mg twice a day. For the first time in my entire life I can breath throught my nose and the congestion in the inner canthus of my eyes has lessened. Of note just prior to starting MB my eye pressures were quite high >50 R eye (eye exam for glasses.) Just saw opthamologest on Friday, both eyes were down to 20. Just a coincidence? Also, my temperatures are running a bit warmer. Does anyone have any thoughts on using MB in the eyes??

Pointless

Well it does get to your eyes based on reports of blue eyes by some people using high doses. So yeah most people don't put it directly in their eyes because they consider that bad.

DaveFoster

Anything over around 500 mcg will get you MAOI effects. Increased dopamine and increased serotonin.

I just took a total of 1 mg spread throughout the day, and I'm pretty aggressive right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals