What Benefits Have You Gotten From Methylene Blue

Hugh Johnson

milk_lover said:
post 114403
Hugh Johnson said:
post 114390
milk_lover said:
post 113855 Is there a study about MB long-term effect?
I saw one lifetime study on.mice.

Some positives on performance, 6% increase in female lifespan, no change in male lifespan.
So not the most impressive results... I don't know about MB, I might try it someday.

It has had a dramatic positive effect on me. Although it did kind of knock me out for some six months.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderSpank

After changing my diet and adding red light I've brought my temp from low 96's to 98-99 and haven't seen even a 97 in months. My pulse is also spot on 82-90. I still get cold hands and mostly cold feet with excessive hair shedding. Thyroid seems to make me depressed, and doesn't effect my cold feet, hands, or nose. Caffeine consistently raises my temps even higher and never makes me depressed but always happy. Nothing except methylene blue makes my feet and hands toasty. It could be a combination of the caffeine and MB that's doing it idk, and I also live in a environment where its a consistent 65 degrees, which is probably cooler than would be optimal for humans I don't know. But for now as long as MB keeps making me feel the way it does and more " natural" substances not really giving me the result I want, I plan on sticking with my MB unless I get to a point where I don't need it anymore.

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

ThunderSpank said:
post 114427 After changing my diet and adding red light I've brought my temp from low 96's to 98-99 and haven't seen even a 97 in months. My pulse is also spot on 82-90. I still get cold hands and mostly cold feet with excessive hair shedding. Thyroid seems to make me depressed, and doesn't effect my cold feet, hands, or nose. Caffeine consistently raises my temps even higher and never makes me depressed but always happy. Nothing except methylene blue makes my feet and hands toasty. It could be a combination of the caffeine and MB that's doing it idk, and I also live in a environment where its a consistent 65 degrees, which is probably cooler than would be optimal for humans I don't know. But for now as long as MB keeps making me feel the way it does and more " natural" substances not really giving me the result I want, I plan on sticking with my MB unless I get to a point where I don't need it anymore.
Could be NO release or stress hormone reduction. I suppose there are other possibilities too.

Have you tried aspirin or increasing CO2 levels?

ThunderSpank

Hugh Johnson said:
post 114429
ThunderSpank said:
post 114427 After changing my diet and adding red light I've brought my temp from low 96's to 98-99 and haven't seen even a 97 in months. My pulse is also spot on 82-90. I still get cold hands and mostly cold feet with excessive hair shedding. Thyroid seems to make me depressed, and doesn't effect my cold feet, hands, or nose. Caffeine consistently raises my temps even higher and never makes me depressed but always happy. Nothing except methylene blue makes my feet and hands toasty. It could be a combination of the caffeine and MB that's doing it idk, and I also live in a environment where its a consistent 65 degrees, which is probably cooler than would be optimal for humans I don't know. But for now as long as MB keeps making me feel the way it does and more " natural" substances not really giving me the result I want, I plan on sticking with my MB unless I get to a point where I don't need it anymore.
Could be NO release or stress hormone reduction. I suppose there are other possibilities too.

Have you tried aspirin or increasing CO2 levels?
If I take more than 40 mg of asprin a day I get pretty sick to my stomach, even if I dissolve in water and take with a meal. I bag breathe on occasion but nothing else really, besides food, salt etc.

milk_lover

Hugh Johnson said:
milk_lover said:
post 114403
Hugh Johnson said:
post 114390
milk_lover said:

Some positives on performance, 6% increase in female lifespan, no change in male lifespan.
So not the most impressive results... I don't know about MB, I might try it someday.

It has had a dramatic positive effect on me. Although it did kind of knock me out for some six months.

Can you describe those effects? No need for too much details if you don't have the time. It knocked you out the first six months? Like you get sleepy when you take it?

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

milk_lover said:
post 114442
Hugh Johnson said:
milk_lover said:
post 114403
Hugh Johnson said:
post 114390
milk_lover said:

Can you describe those effects? No need for too much details if you don't have the time. It knocked you out the first six months? Like you get sleepy when you take it?
Very hard to explain. It felt like a pressure was released from my head. It was kind of like a dissolving or softening of old beliefs and structures. I think I became less authoritarian.

Perhaps it was just less stress. it was accompanied by reduced alertness and motivation. Generally I started to care less.

If you can extract something useful out of that, great. But whatever it was it felt like healing.

milk_lover

Hugh Johnson said:
post 114551 Very hard to explain. It felt like a pressure was released from my head. It was kind of like a dissolving or softening of old beliefs and structures. I think I became less authoritarian.

Perhaps it was just less stress. it was accompanied by reduced alertness and motivation. Generally I started to care less.

If you can extract something useful out of that, great. But whatever it was it felt like healing.
Very interesting! Well I felt this kind of feeling when I upped taurine. It's like I don't care if I screw at work. I don't feel the pressure of competition. But this hurt my motivation. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Dissolving old beliefs, MB is like a brain bleach or something. Thanks for the reply.

Makrosky

Hugh Johnson said:
post 114551
milk_lover said:
post 114442
Hugh Johnson said:
milk_lover said:
post 114403
Hugh Johnson said:
post 114390
milk_lover said:

Very hard to explain. It felt like a pressure was released from my head. It was kind of like a dissolving or softening of old beliefs and structures. I think I became less authoritarian.

So the bad effects (the reduced alertness and motivation) subsided after 6 months and only the good effects (softening of structures, less authoritarianism, etc.) prevailed ? With how much MB per day ?

I also use and it works on my mood like it opens-up my heart but at the same time I get kind of a nasty pressure in the chest/heart area (paradoxically). Might be coincidence but has happened a few times. I'm not sure yet. It does something good on the psyche that is for sure. Maybe the IMAO actions ? When I take it, this is the dose : 2 mg twice per day (bluebrainboost brand). It shouldn't be enough for IMAO according to Peat.

firebreather

I'd like to hear from some fellow forum members who have tried methylene blue and hear what noticeable benefits you have actually experienced from it.

DaveFoster

Clearer thinking with a low dose (500 mcg). Destroyed libido and ADD with a moderate dose (1 mg+).

jaguar43

I think for me, it's antidepressant effects that are most beneficial. It has worked better than anything else so far.

firebreather

jag2594 said:
post 115616 I think for me, it's antidepressant effects that are most beneficial. It has worked better than anything else so far.

Wow that's fantastic jag - that would be helpful for me

DaveFoster said:
post 115602 Clearer thinking with a low dose (500 mcg). Destroyed libido and ADD with a moderate dose (1 mg+).

So you're saying that the moderate dose made your libido go from good to bad and at the same time helped with ADD?

michael94

Keep in mind methylene blue is only one thing that supports oxidative phosphorylation but won't compensate for nutritional deficiencies, less than ideal liver health, etc. This is why I think many people outside the peat world report methylene blue making them feel good for a short while then becoming useless.

jaguar43

icecreamlover said:
post 115639 Keep in mind methylene blue is only one thing that supports oxidative phosphorylation but won't compensate for nutritional deficiencies, less than ideal liver health, etc. This is why I think many people outside the peat world report methylene blue making them feel good for a short while then becoming useless.

Thats why it's important to eat weekly liver or/and oysters. But even in months that I don't eat those things, I still get benefits from MB. I think Ray Peat posted a study showing when it is combined with t3 it has anti-estrogenic effects. Which increase warmth, high pulse and temperature, neuro-protective effects.

M

marikay

I experience a significant increase in energy with one drop (in a small glass of water) of MB. The energy increase is substantially better than any other mitochondrial boost supplement (except for T3). I'm afraid to use MB more than once or twice a week because I can't seem to find out what the long term effects of taking MB are.

DaveFoster

firebreather said:
So you're saying that the moderate dose made your libido go from good to bad and at the same time helped with ADD?
No, libido tanked, and it worsened my ADD due to the MAO-A inhibition.

firebreather

DaveFoster said:
No, libido tanked, and it worsened my ADD due to the MAO-A inhibition.

Okay, thank you for claryfying

marikay said:
post 115657 I experience a significant increase in energy with one drop (in a small glass of water) of MB. The energy increase is substantially better than any other mitochondrial boost supplement (except for T3). I'm afraid to use MB more than once or twice a week because I can't seem to find out what the long term effects of taking MB are.

Do you mind if I ask what MB you use and where you get it?

firebreather

jag2594 said:
post 115643
icecreamlover said:
post 115639 Keep in mind methylene blue is only one thing that supports oxidative phosphorylation but won't compensate for nutritional deficiencies, less than ideal liver health, etc. This is why I think many people outside the peat world report methylene blue making them feel good for a short while then becoming useless.

Thats why it's important to eat weekly liver or/and oysters. But even in months that I don't eat those things, I still get benefits from MB. I think Ray Peat posted a study showing when it is combined with t3 it has anti-estrogenic effects. Which increase warmth, high pulse and temperature, neuro-protective effects.

thank you to both of you for this insight

M

marikay

@firebreather - I've just been using the stuff you get at the aquarium supply store. I'm only taking it once in a while. Someone here mentioned that there may be drawbacks to taking MB that include a lowering of brainpower. Not sure about that but I did notice that I started dropping things (something I almost never do) after taking the MB. Don't know if there is a connection, but I thought I'd mention it.

firebreather

marikay said:
post 116244 @firebreather - I've just been using the stuff you get at the aquarium supply store. I'm only taking it once in a while. Someone here mentioned that there may be drawbacks to taking MB that include a lowering of brainpower. Not sure about that but I did notice that I started dropping things (something I almost never do) after taking the MB. Don't know if there is a connection, but I thought I'd mention it.

thanks so much marikay

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals