Vitiligo And Red Light?

Dhair

My younger sister has vitiligo on her legs. I know that it's considered to be an autoimmune disease, and as such it's thought to be incurable. Nevertheless, many people seem to have gotten results using everything from light therapy to high doses of vitamin E.
Does anyone here know anything about vitiligo? It hasn't been discussed here much at all. I want to buy a red light device for her, but I'm not sure what kind of regimen/wavelength would benefit her.

Constatine

Here is a good source with links to multiple studies of LLLT's effects on vitiligo: Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring . Most studies used around 632 nm and got good results, but the J/cm2 in the studies vary. 633 +- 6 nm, 80 mW/cm2, 96 J/cm2 actually decreased melanin levels (but that is a huge dose and there might be other factors involved) which illustrates LLLT's biphasic response. So I wouldn't overdo it will the treatment. I use redlightman's combo light which includes 620, 670, 760, and 830 nm and can recommend it but it seems that the lower wavelengths have been more thoroughly studied here. I wouldn't do more than 20 J/cm2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals