Vitamin A Corrects Psoriasis Biological Abnormality

bodacious

I don't have access to the full article. Can anybody provide more info on this study?

Parsifal

Psorasis flares seem to be corelated with prolactin rise in my case.

I would love to know the mechanism here. On the one hand RP says skin is very steroid rich, which leads one to think that retinol is good for the skin by supporting steroid production. But on the other, we know it has protective effects on the G.I. tract which may help keep bacteria in line, which could improve skin problems. Any way, nice find.

Parsifal

I would love to know the mechanism here. On the one hand RP says skin is very steroid rich, which leads one to think that retinol is good for the skin by supporting steroid production. But on the other, we know it has protective effects on the G.I. tract which may help keep bacteria in line, which could improve skin problems. Any way, nice find.
I think the simple answer would be that vitamin A is very dopaminergic so antagonizes prolactin which increases sebum production in the skin and can lead to acne? Not sure though.

OP
S
The vitamin A helps the skin cells diversify instead of just multiplying very fast and turning into keratin.

jaa

Disappointingly, I have not noticed any improvement in my psoriasis since supplementing orally with Vitamin A ranging from 10,000 IU to 100,000 IU over the last 6 months.

jaa

Zero improvement??

No noticeable improvement as it relates to psoriasis specifically. I started the supplementation towards the end of fall and psoriasis tends to wax in the winter and wane in the summer so maybe I'll see better results during the healing months.

OP
S
We also had this discussion and I used retinil as well with zeeeeeero improvements. Acne is still here.
You didn't stick to it (in our discussion)

EIRE24

You didn't stick to it (in our discussion)
So I should stick to 100'000 IU for how long? There is only so much in one bottle and it costs to get it shipped to Ireland. Ive eaten loads of beef liver very regularly and again, no improvement in acne?

OP
S
So I should stick to 100'000 IU for how long? There is only so much in one bottle and it costs to get it shipped to Ireland. Ive eaten loads of beef liver very regularly and again, no improvement in acne?
I had said how long in the pm's! I don't doubt that you have eaten lots of vitamin A though. Time to keep researching.

EIRE24

I had said how long in the pm's! I don't doubt that you have eaten lots of vitamin A though. Time to keep researching.
Refresh my memory, how long do you feel then we should take the vitamin A to completely clear acne and you think that once its cleared, should we have to continuously take this amount? Costly health complication if so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals