Vinegar Makes Me Hypothyroid

A.R

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but whenever I eat vinegar, I get really bad effects from it such as shivers throughout my whole body, headaches, cold hands/feet and recently debilitating lower back pain.

Personally though, I've also had good benefits from vinegar which is why I keep turning to it such as improvements with digestion, killing bacteria in stomach/intestine and help with fat loss.

I'm wondering if there's anyone else who shares these bad effects, and how to get round them?

Thank You

Lilac

I used to get a reaction from vinegar occasionally. I haven't eaten salads much since going Peat, so I can't even remember well what the reaction was. A flush in my head, I think. Maybe it was a histamine reaction.

Elize

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but whenever I eat vinegar, I get really bad effects from it such as shivers throughout my whole body, headaches, cold hands/feet and recently debilitating lower back pain.

Personally though, I've also had good benefits from vinegar which is why I keep turning to it such as improvements with digestion, killing bacteria in stomach/intestine and help with fat loss.

I'm wondering if there's anyone else who shares these bad effects, and how to get round them?

Thank You

Elize

Greetings from Elize
I experience the same - had apple cider vinegar yesterday, felt horrible - extremely cold and even today my temp is very low. I think the acid interacts with our thyroid meds. I only felt better today by taking extra T3 to warm me up

How do you know it's making you hypothyroid? Just because it makes you cold doesn't mean it's related to the thyroid in any way. All that you know is that vinegar makes you feel shitty. We have to be clear on these things otherwise you can't create accurate and meaningful ideas.

Elize

Vinegar should be taken 2 hours away from Thyroid medication, in my case when taken 4 hours apart I am ok. It interacts with Cytomel and T4 thyroid medications. Trying to do the carrot salad with vinegar close to the time I take my thyroid medication always causes me issues.

Wagner83

Does vinegar increase metabolism?
Glucose control
Vinegar appears to be effective at suppressing the speed at which glucose enters the blood, and with that lowers the peak glucose and insulin secretion. If measured acutely, there is a large (31.4%-40%) decrease in blood glucose levels,[4][5] but after 120min the overall exposure is the same.[6] It is a slowing effect, not a reducing effect. That being said, this slowing may be beneficial in improving insulin sensitivity in diabetics.[7]

This slowing may be due to vinegar (as apple cider vinegar) being able to slow gastric (stomach) emptying rates.[8] This has been shown with regular vinegar as well.[9]

Vinegar does not seem to interfere with actual carbohydrate absorption in any way.[10]

ddjd

Thank You
It raises nitric oxide and Nitric oxide inhibits thyroid

Fractality

This is interesting...sometimes when I do a MCT + ACV (apple cider vinegar) "gut cleanse" I feel symptoms of die-off. Perhaps the symptoms are also due to inhibition of the thyroid?

lvysaur

This slowing may be due to vinegar (as apple cider vinegar) being able to slow gastric (stomach) emptying rates.[8] This has been shown with regular vinegar as well.[9]
Is this a bacterial thing or an acid thing?

I'm one of those people who feels like a meal simply isn't complete unless it features some sourness.

lvysaur

sometimes when I do a MCT + ACV (apple cider vinegar) "gut cleanse" I feel symptoms of die-off.
Are you referring to that old Haidut thread where capric acid and acetic acid totally inhibited bacterial growth?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals