Thyroid And Insulin Resistence

tonto

Would like some expert opinions on this article:
Why Can Insulin Resistance Be a Natural Consequence of Thyroid Dysfunction?
Evidence for a relationship between T4 and T3 and glucose metabolism appeared over 100 years ago when the influence of thyroid hormone excess in the deterioration of glucose metabolism was first noticed. Since then, it has been known that hyperthyroidism is associated with insulin resistance. More recently, hypothyroidism has also been linked to decreased insulin sensitivity. The explanation to this apparent paradox may lie in the differential effects of thyroid hormones at the liver and peripheral tissues level. The purpose of this paper is to explore the effects of thyroid hormones in glucose metabolism and analyze the mechanisms whereby alterations of thyroid hormones lead to insulin resistance.
Hyperthyroidism is considered in the mainstream to be a cause of insulin resistance. however is the thyroid causing the resistance or is the elevated thyroid a reaction to mitochondria not oxidizing glucose properly?

Does thyroid hormone directly interact with insulin? In what way? This article suggests thyroid can antagonize insulin in the liver, but is an insulin agonist in muscles and other tissue.

Thanks for any help!

(source:
Brenta, G., 2011. Why Can Insulin Resistance Be a Natural Consequence of Thyroid Dysfunction? Journal of Thyroid Research 2011, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.4061/2011/152850)

fradon

from what i've read is the thyroid is a slave to the PITUITARY gland which is a slave to the HYPOTHALAMUS. so the Hypothalamus receives signals from the body then sends signals to the pituatary glad for it activate other glands like the thyroid and the adrenals perhaps even pancreas and stomach acid.

so anything that would effect metabolism will effect the hypothalamus and how it signals the pituatary and thyroid glad.

so the thyroid is not working on its own it is reciveing signals from the pituarty gland.

Foongbear

Forum Supporter
from what i've read is the thyroid is a slave to the PITUITARY gland which is a slave to the HYPOTHALAMUS. so the Hypothalamus receives signals from the body then sends signals to the pituatary glad for it activate other glands like the thyroid and the adrenals perhaps even pancreas and stomach acid.

so anything that would effect metabolism will effect the hypothalamus and how it signals the pituatary and thyroid glad.

so the thyroid is not working on its own it is reciveing signals from the pituarty gland.

Hi all,

Is there a mechanism where supplementing with NDT can increase insulin resistance or impair glucose metabolism?
I have cortisol of 550 nmol/L (right at the top of the range when it was more like 350 before starting on Thyrogold) and have recently been supplementing with Thyrogold 150mg
which I believe contains 50 mcg T4 and 12mcg T3. This seemed to be a little high. Was resulting in fasting glucose of around 180 mg/dl
when my previous numbers were more like 140.

I've recently swapped to 1 or 2 drops of Tyromax a day (significantly lower dose than the Thyrogold) but still getting fasting glucose and post meal spikes much
worse than before i started on either supplement.

Is it a case of more time required for the lower dose tyromax to balance things out?
Current labs attached. Worth considering upping the dose of Tyromax and monitoring for 2 weeks?

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 8.40.28 pm.png

Appreciate any input / suggestions on what else may be useful.

David

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals