Thoughts On SARMS

Risingfire

They work but if you're hypo not worth it. I lost one inch on my waist in two weeks and my arms were noticeably bigger according to some girls ;)

That being said, I felt like adrenaline was constantly being pumped through my veins and I slept horribly. I was home at Christmas time and my mother heard me snoring three flights down through the house. I suggest against it.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Whic
They work but if you're hypo not worth it. I lost one inch on my waist in two weeks and my arms were noticeably bigger according to some girls ;)

That being said, I felt like adrenaline was constantly being pumped through my veins and I slept horribly. I was home at Christmas time and my mother heard me snoring three flights down through the house. I suggest against it.
what were you using

japanesedude

same here I've suffered from insomnia even after the cycle.

nbznj

Drops SHBG way too hard = nope the F out (unless you’ve got really high SHBG possibly maybe, but even then you’re not finding the cause of the imbalance)

LeeLemonoil

NEP28, a SARM for your brain (and your muscles, of course)

NEP28, a SARM for your brain (and your muscles, of course)

nep28.jpg

Researchers from the Japanese chemical company Sumitomo Chemical [sumitomo-chem.co.jp] have developed a SARM that may not only counteract the breakdown of the muscles due to aging, but also the age-related deterioration of cognitive abilities. It is called NEP28.

Muscles
The researchers gave NEP28 in various doses to castrated male rats, and then looked at the effect of the compound on the prostate and the circular muscle levator ani. The extent to which those organs started to grow says something about the unwanted androgenic effects of NEP28 and the desired anabolic effects, respectively.

The Japanese did the same experiments with the androgenic testosterone metabolite DHT and methyltestosterone [MT]. They administered the substances with an osmotic pump, which they had implanted in their test animals.NEP28 had an anabolic effect that, when administered at somewhat higher doses, was close to that of DHT and methyl testosterone. NEP28, on the other hand, hardly had any androgenic effects.

Brain
Androgens have an effect in the brain that gero-neurologists find very interesting. Androgens activate the enzyme neprilysin in brain tissue. This enzyme breaks down the amyloid-beta protein, that tends to accumulate in aging brain tissue.

In multiple forms of dementia, doctors find these accumulations in the brain, and so pharmacologists study drugs that break down amyloid beta - hoping that these drugs can slow down or prevent neurological aging.

In mice, DHT, methyl testosterone and NEP28 did exactly what they were supposed to do. These agents activated neprilysin and, as you see below, degraded the amyloid-beta plaques. Of course, this does not prove that NEP28 actually combats dementia.

Conclusion

"Our results indicate that androgen therapy with SARMs may be a very promising treatment method for not only diseases mainly targeted by current androgant herapy, but also neural diseases", write the researchers.

"SARMs having activity in brain are capable of improving various symptoms, including osteoporosis, sarcopenia, and neural diseases or cognition such as Alzheimer's disease simultaneously. Such children or SARMs certainly contribute to the enhancement of quality of life for many patients."

Critical comment
We, the ignorant compilers of this free web magazine, think that NEP28 will not be marketed. Perhaps an analogue of NEP28 offers perspectives, but NEP28 itself does not seem interesting, despite the tempting perspective that the researchers outline above.

The dose required for a significant anabolic effect is very high. The human equivalent of the highest dose of NEP28 that the Japanese gave to their lab animals amounts to 250-300 milligrams per day...

golder

12.5 mgs twice a day
Thanks. It seems like More Plates More Dates video on Ostarine reckons a few mg’s (three I think he said) had no adverse implications on blood parameters and would have a mild anabolic effect on bone and muscle at that dose.
Only reason is that I’m on TRT so my HPTA is shutdown anyway. I figured because I love training/bodybuilding I wanted to find a safe and mild addition to the TRT. Ostarine or LGD seemed like a relatively safe thing to run for a few months of the year at a low dose.

Risingfire

Thanks. It seems like More Plates More Dates video on Ostarine reckons a few mg’s (three I think he said) had no adverse implications on blood parameters and would have a mild anabolic effect on bone and muscle at that dose.
Only reason is that I’m on TRT so my HPTA is shutdown anyway. I figured because I love training/bodybuilding I wanted to find a safe and mild addition to the TRT. Ostarine or LGD seemed like a relatively safe thing to run for a few months of the year at a low dose.
Are you having issues with your TRT?

Consider 5mgs of dhea and 10 mgs of pregnenolone daily to supplement your TRT.

I have no idea what 3 mgs might do but Derek is pretty knowledgeable on androgens and compounds.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Are you having issues with your TRT?

Consider 5mgs of dhea and 10 mgs of pregnenolone daily to supplement your TRT.

I have no idea what 3 mgs might do but Derek is pretty knowledgeable on androgens and compounds.
Problem with sarms is no andronecity correct? Dhea would help with 5-ar to dht but I’m not sure if it would be enough given the suppression from a sarm even in low doses

OP
Cameron

Cameron

What’s your goal?
I actually started this thread before I knew the issues of sarms and their practices do not play out favorably long term. For me I’m far more interested in increasing 5-ar steroids and testosterone and it’s metabolites for longevity and wellbeing. I think dhea/preg/andro are for more practical but far less anabolic. There is no free lunch with steroids

Risingfire

I actually started this thread before I knew the issues of sarms and their practices do not play out favorably long term. For me I’m far more interested in increasing 5-ar steroids and testosterone and it’s metabolites for longevity and wellbeing. I think dhea/preg/andro are for more practical but far less anabolic. There is no free lunch with steroids
Then why not just take DHT?

OP
Cameron

Cameron

If there is an updated source of legit dht products I’d love to know but it is very difficult for me to track down a reliable way

golder

I’m still surprised that one of the 50+ peptides or sarms in low doses doesn’t have a favourable outcome on bone anabolism or stress reduction that would outweigh its risk for someone already shutdown. Perhaps it’s too early and I’ll come back here in a few years time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals