Thoughts On Liquid Magnesium?

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by jzeno, Feb 17, 2019.

1. jzeno

jzeno Member

I've seen a few liquid Magnesium products.

Any thoughts on their relative effectiveness to other dry products and external products?
    Seems like a good idea to me.

I know when you take Mag Citrate or Mag Sulfate at a certain saturation the body responds with a bowel movement but these supplements don't seem to have the same effect.

Not sure what the absorption rate of either of these are either, but it seems like a perfectly safe way to supplement Magnesium.

Any reason not to?

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Makes my butt hurt.

3. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Most liquid Magnesium is the citrate form. I use the chloride/acetate mix from Cardiovascular Research. Pure Encapsulations makes the glycinate liquid, but is very expensive.

4. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

Mg Chloride gives me diarrhea even taken with sodium bicarbonate. Topical application is quite good but I found out that one can overdo topical Mg chloride and get some degree of hypermagnesemia.

5. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Why not try Magnesium Bicarbonate ? Almost everybody here seems to like it.

I have also heard that it contains some form of bioavailable danwichquinones.

6. Inaut

Inaut Member

i've been adding about 400mg of mag carbonate (1 tsp) to two tbsps of apple cider vinegar -- swishing it around until all the mag is dissolved---then topping up glass with water and a 1/4 tsp of baking soda --twice daily and have absolutely no negative effects from it. i was having problems tolerating other forms of magnesium but next to mag bicarb (which i havent tried)---this is a real winner for me. not sure who posted this method but thanks to whoever did. magnesium acetate much?

7. OP
    jzeno

jzeno Member

@Makrosky

I think I will give that a shot in the future.

Thanks for the tip

8. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    I do about 200-300 as chloride/acetate liquid, and 200-300 as citrate/malate caps. I want to go higher because magnesium is really helping my shoulder dyskenesis profoundly. However, I don’t want my but to hurt or go to high. So I supplement all and all about 1.5 to 2 times the RDA, and no bad effects to report