Thoughts On My Labs (ABC123)

OP
A

Abc123

Question in regards to my Hashimoto's. Should I be eliminating dairy? I do consume a lot of cheese and milk. I've read about dairy being bad for people with Hashimoto's. Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks!

OP
A

Abc123

Just took some more blood labs on 3/23/17 with my doctor. Here are the results. I don't know why the T4 and T3 labs are not on here. Maybe they will come in tomorrow. Once i do receive them I will post them.

March 23,2017
FE - 95 (50-212)
TIBC - 364 (261-478)
% Saturation - 26 (15-50)
Magnesium - 2.08 (1.80-2.50)
Phosphorus - 4.2 (2.5-5.0)
Vit B12 - 1123 (180.0-914.0)
Folate - 14.92 >5.89
Vit D - 48 (30-100)
TSH 0.82 (0.34-5.60)
Tissue Transglutaminase AB, IGA - 1
Innunoglobulin A - 244 (81-463)
ACTH - 23 (6-50)

Everything looks ok? I've been supplementing with Vitamin D3 at 3000IU daily. It does seem on the lower end? Should I up the Vitamin D?

Thanks for any input!

OP
A

Abc123

Ok so after 3 weeks on Armour Thyroid (1.5gr) heres my lab results. Energy levels are still low and feeling fatigue. T4 came up but T3 is still tanked.

FT4 - 0.74 (0.61-1.22)
FT3 - 187 (210-440)
Total T3 - 107 (76 - 181)
TSH - 0.75 (0.34-5.60)

I'm very curious to check for a liver disease as I have not tested for it. I do have elevated liver enzymes and SHBG is high. DHEA, DHT and Free Testosterone are all low. Im thinking this is all due to my liver. I will try to get some labs soon!

HLP

It could and very likely will take more than three weeks to move your T3. Mine jumped way up but only after 4 months of eating Peat style. Now I'm needing to decrease thyroid glandular since my T3 is too high.

OP
A

Abc123

Lab Results are back!

I'm currently taking Armour 2.5gr split in 2 doses. Should I keep increasing the NDT every 2 weeks like I have been doing?

Is Reverse T3 too high?

What do you think about my Iron? I'm not supplementing with any iron currently. Recommendations?

DHEA is very low. Supplementing with DHEA as this may help with libido and well being?

My TPO has going up by 100 since March.

April 26, 2017

Anti TPO - 428 (<35)
Cholesterol - 236 (<200)
Ferritin - 39 (22-322)
Iron - 121 (45-160)
% Sat - 36 (20-55)
TIBC - 340 (228-428)
DHEA - 108 (96-571)
TSH - 0.112 (0.17-4.5)
FT4 - 1.11 (0.80-1.73)
FT3 - 3.4 (2.0-4.7)
RT3 - 13.4 (7.5-19)
Total T3 - 128 (72-180)

sladerunner69

Lab Results are back!

I'm currently taking Armour 2.5gr split in 2 doses. Should I keep increasing the NDT every 2 weeks like I have been doing?

Is Reverse T3 too high?

What do you think about my Iron? I'm not supplementing with any iron currently. Recommendations?

DHEA is very low. Supplementing with DHEA as this may help with libido and well being?

My TPO has going up by 100 since March.

April 26, 2017

Anti TPO - 428 (<35)
Cholesterol - 236 (<200)
Ferritin - 39 (22-322)
Iron - 121 (45-160)
% Sat - 36 (20-55)
TIBC - 340 (228-428)
DHEA - 108 (96-571)
TSH - 0.112 (0.17-4.5)
FT4 - 1.11 (0.80-1.73)
FT3 - 3.4 (2.0-4.7)
RT3 - 13.4 (7.5-19)
Total T3 - 128 (72-180)

you used to post on immortahair right? I remember reading your ray peat posts on there, it's a large part of what inpired me to start milk and OJ. Are you still dieting like that? Has it maintained you hairline? I am very itnerested to see where you are at with your hair since a few years have passed us by.

Unless of course this is not the same "abc123" as form immortal hair, then nevermind lol.

OP
A

Abc123

you used to post on immortahair right? I remember reading your ray peat posts on there, it's a large part of what inpired me to start milk and OJ. Are you still dieting like that? Has it maintained you hairline? I am very itnerested to see where you are at with your hair since a few years have passed us by.

Unless of course this is not the same "abc123" as form immortal hair, then nevermind lol.

Lol no that is not me. I've been mistaken for that person before on here

OP
A

Abc123

Update..

Still not feeling the best. Constipation is really bad. I've been trying to eat a more wholesome food diet without sugar. I know sugar is good for the thyroid but I do have hashimotos. Sugar worsens the Antibodies correct?

I'm a firm believer in food is healing. And I've really been trying to experiment with different foods. But no matter what nothing seems to work. It's becoming very frustrating :/

HLP

Use a small amount of cascara for the constipation. I get it in 500 mg caps but split it open so I can divide the dose to 2x's per day. At that, I still don't take a whole capsule daily. Try to eat more fruit if you're concerned about sugar per se.

OP
A

Abc123

Use a small amount of cascara for the constipation. I get it in 500 mg caps but split it open so I can divide the dose to 2x's per day. At that, I still don't take a whole capsule daily. Try to eat more fruit if you're concerned about sugar per se.
Thanks!

I'm not worried about the sugar I was just wondering if it really does have an effect with hashimoto's. It's been hard trying to consume all the calories I need with "clean" foods like meat and veggies. I'm going to add my sugar in and see if it makes a difference.

Also I've been reading into Pansterone. Since my DHEA is very low I'm thinking 1-2 drops per day could help. The Armour NDT is working but I also think I would feel a whole lot better with some T3.

HLP

You might be consuming too much phosphate with meat consumption. I use dairy, egg, gelatin for protein with oysters and shrimp a few times per week. Veggies are kind of non existent for me other than a little broth of boiled spinach, kale or purslane. T3 dose for me is one 25mcg tablet consumed throughout the day instead of all at once. I recently switched from ERFA to synthroid due to crash in lab #'s a few months ago. So I don't trust the formulation at the moment. My daughter's #'s also crash at the same time as mine. Maybe the animals have hypothyroidism too.

OP
A

Abc123

You might be consuming too much phosphate with meat consumption. I use dairy, egg, gelatin for protein with oysters and shrimp a few times per week. Veggies are kind of non existent for me other than a little broth of boiled spinach, kale or purslane. T3 dose for me is one 25mcg tablet consumed throughout the day instead of all at once. I recently switched from ERFA to synthroid due to crash in lab #'s a few months ago. So I don't trust the formulation at the moment. My daughter's #'s also crash at the same time as mine. Maybe the animals have hypothyroidism too.
I stopped dairy only because of my Hashimoto's. I found out I had Hashimoto's in February. I cut out dairy but I sure do miss it. I might implement it back in the diet along with sugar. I am consuming a lot of chicken daily. Probably too much.

Thank you for your input! Hopefully my Dr can prescribe me some T3!

OP
A

Abc123

Here's an update!

I'm feeling great! And I really believe this is due to increase of sugar!

I was following the Hashimoto's AIP diet. So basically veggies and protein. Low Carbs and I felt terrible.

Now I have switched up my diet to mainly OJ & Lactose Free Cheese (Jarlsberg Low Fat Swiss). I have no digestive issues with this cheese. Others cheeses give me bad gas.

My constipation has gone away. I have frequent bowel movements. My temps been in the 98* in the afternoon. I have morning woods again.

I feel alive again! Only issue Im having now is puffy nipples. Is the increase in thyroid activity causing increase in estrogen?

I have ordered Estroban and Pansterone. I will try out 1 drop on the scrotum to see if it helps with inhibiting aromatase. Also my DHEA and DHT have always been pretty low. So I will be trying 1 drop of Pansterone and see how my body responds.

Any thought @haidut - Thanks in advance!

HLP

The only way is up now eh! I just started using Flowers of Sulphur to see if it will correct some constipation for me.

whodathunkit

Lol no that is not me. I've been mistaken for that person before on here
Ha, I didn't think so. You're much nicer and more civil than the other ABC. But I'm glad slade asked the question because I wondered a time or two "What if he [the other ABC] went on meds or something that made him able to relate to others without seeming to be a jerk?" ;)

Anyway, seems like you're doing good but just adding food for thought...okay T4 levels but low T3 can point to problems with the liver. Not like acute liver disease, but just some low level dysfunction that compromises the ability of the liver to convert T4 into T3. T3 has been a long-time problem for me and my liver is kind of shot out due to really crappy lifestyle for a long time. I'm fixing it but apparently the problem goes deeper than I thought because it's turning out to be a kind of a long process. The fact that I have a hard time laying off the fat doesn't help...I believe my problem to be related to fatty liver.

So if you get set back a little again (I've found healing to be very much a three-steps-forward-then-one-or-two-steps-back process) you might think about steps you can take to help your liver a bit. Like eating low fat, etc.

OP
A

Abc123

Ha, I didn't think so. You're much nicer and more civil than the other ABC. But I'm glad slade asked the question because I wondered a time or two "What if he [the other ABC] went on meds or something that made him able to relate to others without seeming to be a jerk?" ;)

Anyway, seems like you're doing good but just adding food for thought...okay T4 levels but low T3 can point to problems with the liver. Not like acute liver disease, but just some low level dysfunction that compromises the ability of the liver to convert T4 into T3. T3 has been a long-time problem for me and my liver is kind of shot out due to really crappy lifestyle for a long time. I'm fixing it but apparently the problem goes deeper than I thought because it's turning out to be a kind of a long process. The fact that I have a hard time laying off the fat doesn't help...I believe my problem to be related to fatty liver.

So if you get set back a little again (I've found healing to be very much a three-steps-forward-then-one-or-two-steps-back process) you might think about steps you can take to help your liver a bit. Like eating low fat, etc.

Thank you! My macros have been roughly 400G Carbs 200P and 50F. Im definitely making progress! But the puffy nipple thing is bothering me. Seems like its getting bigger as the better I feel. I track my nutrition with Cronometer. Im guessing I am estrogen dominant. But really hoping that Estroban and Pansterone will take care of it!

whodathunkit

Thank you! My macros have been roughly 400G Carbs 200P and 50F. Im definitely making progress! But the puffy nipple thing is bothering me. Seems like its getting bigger as the better I feel. I track my nutrition with Cronometer. Im guessing I am estrogen dominant. But really hoping that Estroban and Pansterone will take care of it!
Estrogen is broken down in the liver. Estrogen dominance can also be a sign of liver dysfunction. IMO low T3 and estrogen dominance together point to some degree of liver dysfunction.

200g of protein is A LOT and may be too much, especially if you already have a little fatty liver going. Too much protein is not good for the liver, either. 50g of fat coupled with too much protein may be too much.

But then, you're on the upswing so hopefully the puffy nipple thing will resolve itself soon.

Again, just food for thought. Handle how you want. :)

OP
A

Abc123

Estrogen is broken down in the liver. Estrogen dominance can also be a sign of liver dysfunction. IMO low T3 and estrogen dominance together point to some degree of liver dysfunction.

200g of protein is A LOT and may be too much, especially if you already have a little fatty liver going. Too much protein is not good for the liver, either. 50g of fat coupled with too much protein may be too much.

But then, you're on the upswing so hopefully the puffy nipple thing will resolve itself soon.

Again, just food for thought. Handle how you want. :)
Thank you! I will report back with any updates and changes!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here's an update!

I'm feeling great! And I really believe this is due to increase of sugar!

I was following the Hashimoto's AIP diet. So basically veggies and protein. Low Carbs and I felt terrible.

Now I have switched up my diet to mainly OJ & Lactose Free Cheese (Jarlsberg Low Fat Swiss). I have no digestive issues with this cheese. Others cheeses give me bad gas.

My constipation has gone away. I have frequent bowel movements. My temps been in the 98* in the afternoon. I have morning woods again.

I feel alive again! Only issue Im having now is puffy nipples. Is the increase in thyroid activity causing increase in estrogen?

I have ordered Estroban and Pansterone. I will try out 1 drop on the scrotum to see if it helps with inhibiting aromatase. Also my DHEA and DHT have always been pretty low. So I will be trying 1 drop of Pansterone and see how my body responds.

Any thought @haidut - Thanks in advance!

I think Pansterone and EstroBan are good core supplements for anybody over 30. Even a single dose of each daily, or even every other day should being about good change.

OP
A

Abc123

Also one more thing. Do you guys think that the Increase of
I think Pansterone and EstroBan are good core supplements for anybody over 30. Even a single dose of each daily, or even every other day should being about good change.
Thanks Haidut!

Also I'm curious as to why my nipples are getting puffier as my Armour Thyroid dose has gone up. I started at 1.5gr . But I have found the sweet spot of 2.75gr to be optimal. Im not increasing the NDT anymore. My temps are in the 98's. Could it be that it's too much T4 for my body? And that I may need a lower dose of NDT with Added T3?

Back in November I started Levothryoxine (T4 only) at 50mcg and after 4 weeks I was gaining lots of weight and experiences this same issue with nipples flaring up.

I have ordered Tyronene but I will be putting that on hold for now. I did start Estroban(8 drops) and Pansterone(1 drop) this morning on the scrotum.