Prescribed Amitriptyline by Post COVID Clinic, thoughts?

Perry Staltic

Just say no to ignorance, you have a grudge against doctors and certain psych meds and this doesn't let you think clearly, stop scaremongering people because you clearly are devoid of most basic competences in psychopharmacology.

It doesn't take a genius to see that most doctors, who have no expertise in psychological disorders, and therefore have no business prescribing psychotropic drugs, use antidepressants as an excuse to look like they know what they're doing (but they don't because they're really just distributors for big harma) and make a little coin.

gaze

I think the "increased appetite" aspect of it would be a problem for some people. I don't think it would be a problem for Ray though.

From Pina's link:

Ray:
I think it's safe. Compare the structure with cyproheptadine. Have you tried niacinamide, pregnenolone, and thyroid?
why does ray recommend people try pregnenolone when he has clearly stated there isn't a good pregnenolone product on the market free of impurities? a bit irresponsible on his part imo

Or lesser doses when used in combo with other serotonergic substances
So? Through a Peat prism, you would avoid serotonergic substances, how is that relevant?

It doesn't take a genius to see that most doctors, who have no expertise in psychological disorders, and therefore have no business prescribing psychotropic drugs, use antidepressants as an excuse to look like they know what they're doing (but they don't because they're really just distributors for big harma) and make a little coin.
I agree wholeheartedly with all you wrote here. But please stop spreading misinformation, there are lots of people that can achieve a high quality of life they could possibly not attain without using certain tricyclic antidepressants and might be mislead by good-natured but highly misinformed people like you.

Perry Staltic

I agree wholeheartedly with all you wrote here. But please stop spreading misinformation, there are lots of people that can achieve a high quality of life they could possibly not attain without using certain tricyclic antidepressants and might be mislead by good-natured but highly misinformed people like you.

I frankly think psychotropic drugs are the devil's work

I frankly think psychotropic drugs are the devil's work
Even Aspirin in doses greater than 500mg has psychotropic effects, so does bioidentical progesterone, so does liothyronine, are these the devil's work also?

No I'm referring to the antidepressants that modify brain architecture
Ok, but why would you say all conventional antidepressants only excert negative effects in every single human being?

Why, in particular, is amitriptyline noxious to health if one uses it in a sensible way?

What are your thoughts on tianeptine, cyproheptadine, mirtazapine and memantine?

Allopregnenolone is considered by mainstream academia to be an antidepressant, is this one also the devil's work?

Birdie

why does ray recommend people try pregnenolone when he has clearly stated there isn't a good pregnenolone product on the market free of impurities? a bit irresponsible on his part imo
I often wonder that. He's said he hasn't taken it since the 90s I think. Every so often he recommends it to someone though. I wonder if in some situations he might think that the need for it outweighs there not being a safe one that he would recommend to everyone to take ongoing. So, depending on the situation...

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Amitriptylene is a FIRST generation anti-psychotic. In general, these are much safer than the newer 2nd-gen SSRI/SNRI antidepressants. Therefore I would not compare fluvoxamine, a 2nd gen AD, to amitriptyline. I have taken both. The amitriptyline is much more gentle and less likely to lead to irritability and manic-like symptoms - fluvoxamine had me clenching my teeth and ready to explode within 4 days of initial dose. Amitriptyline is sedating, while flovaoxamine is activating.

It is true that all AD are difficult to discontinue, but low-dose amitriptyline is something I would take in a heartbeat if I were to get long COVID, and I would never take fluvoxamine under ANY circumstances.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals