This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Crazycoco

Not true. They were banned for being mean trolls.

Nope. I was banned for using the Word "dog.gy Style". So, by purtianism.
Someone proposed to ban me because i've showed a RCT giving evidence for the benefits of a mediteranean diet.

Pretty sure ray peat wouldn't ban me for such reasons.

OP
achillea

achillea

My wife said her two implants are sensitive after about a week of the full system. Weird though because prior to the protocol we were rinsing with Chlorine dioxide dilution, the main ingredient of Closys, and it had no effect on the sensitivity. We were wondering if some of the bad bacteria were being attacked and that was the sensitivity. At any rate we will persevere.
It is very odd to be using these products with the coloring and flavors but we found you can spit a lot between the different steps and get most of it out. I accidently swallowed some Listerine and it was not fun, as intense going down as it is in the mouth.
We both agree that our mouths feel clean but the idea of not flossing is hard to go along with. Dr Ellie says that in 6 weeks your oral biome will totally change. So we figure 6 weeks goes by fast and it is worth a try so on we go.
We tested the PH after some xylitol and it was not as base as with the oral cal. With the oral cal the base PH stays for q few hours while the saliva soothes the mouth.
KAL is now a Chinese company from what my Natural Grocer told me.

Crazycoco

Whole milk isn't Peaty.

If ray peat said that, I think it's because of the caloric content of his diet. If he drinks one liter of orange juive a day and more than one liter of milk a day as staple food, well it's not a bad idea to reduce his caloric intake. The simple way to do this is by chosing low fat milk.
That's a personal choice. You have other choices, even in a peat paradigm.

I dont think that the ultimate way for mankind to be Healthy is to binge on one liter of orange juice and one liter of lowfat milk every day.
Dont get me wrong, those are great foods. But claming that they are the ultimate foods for mankind, let me have serious doubts about it.

To me, the best diet advices are: if you eat that, eat that with that. (Like ray peat said: if you eat meat, eat gealtin, or if you eat sugar, then reduce pufa) Or if you eat that, unprocessed is better.
The more a diet restrict diversity of foods -except for caloric / weight loss reasons- the more the diet is suspect for me. We have thousands of traditional diets around the world with excellent results.
So saying that,calories for calories, processed low fat milk is healthier than whole milk from gress fed cows lets me highly dubitative.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Back on topic.

I look forward to trying this treatment. I have Xylitol and Closys on the list, will start with those.

Pompadour

I use Listerine rinse and the toothpaste like Crest (without glycerin, with fluorid) for a week maybe. Also i use pastilles Xylimax by Fazer wich are with xylitol (9 pills contain 5g of Xylitol) after each meal.

So far i can say that my enamel became much less sensitive! Before i couldn't eat even a slice of lemon or a handfull of berries - and last days i enjoy them without problems! I am very impressed.

I saw here in Germany Listerine that contains not only essential oils, but also a fluorid. Since Colgate rince with fluorid contains glycerin, i think i will try combined Listerine first.

Xisca

I was travelling today, and ate with familly at a restaurant. I had only my miswak in my pocket.... and their faces when I brushed my teeth was funny!
I had some food in my teeth, just cleaned and did not spit anything.
Super clean teeth.
Muy comodo.
Then I had my little bag with some xylitol....
As tooth paste, I have been using Alep soap for a few years. Nice tongue wash!

Xisca

Listerine:
Aqua,Sorbitol,Xylitol,Propylene Glycol,Poloxamer 407,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Aroma,Sodium Fluoride,Eucalyptol,Benzoic Acid,Sodium Benzoate,Methyl Salicylate,Thymol,Menthol,Sodium Saccharin,Sucralose,Contains Sodium Fluoride (450 ppm F)

I hardly want most of those names in my mouth!

B

Braveheart

Listerine:
Aqua,Sorbitol,Xylitol,Propylene Glycol,Poloxamer 407,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Aroma,Sodium Fluoride,Eucalyptol,Benzoic Acid,Sodium Benzoate,Methyl Salicylate,Thymol,Menthol,Sodium Saccharin,Sucralose,Contains Sodium Fluoride (450 ppm F)

I hardly want most of those names in my mouth!

No Listerine, Crest, etc, etc...from the Dr. who started it all ....thank you Forsythia!

"Xylitol for sucking, mouth rinsing and toothbrushing
(At least) 3 times a day, take half a teaspoon of xylitol powder (or more) and rinse your mouth with the xylitol-saliva mixture which will form for 3 to 5 minutes a time, then spit. Alternatively, use the xylitol-saliva mix as if it were toothpaste and brush your teeth with it for 3 to 6 minutes. Do not rinse your mouth afterwards, washing out with water markedly reduces xylitol's positive effect.

Dr. Bruhn's recommended use of xylitol to rinse the mouth or brush the teeth with, rather than chewing xylitol gum, of course has the additional advantage that one doesn't have to swallow the xylitol (in contrast to gum chewing) when simply rinsing or brushing one's teeth. This will allow all of those who may have doubts about the safety of ingesting xylitol or whose digestive system may not handle it well (compare Xylitol safety issues) to use xylitol as well, since any absorption via the oral mucosa (if occurring at all) is likely to be minimal.

This alone should do the job....

B

Braveheart

:thumbsup:
Rinsing mouth and brushing teeth with xylitol sugar can stop tooth decay and heal gum disease

This is an interesting site. It recommends just putting 1/2 teaspoon of Xylitol in your mouth, then when it becomes mixed with saliva, pulling it through your teeth and mouth for a few minutes, then spitting it out (just like oil pulling, but with xylitol).

"Xylitol for sucking, mouth rinsing and toothbrushing
(At least) 3 times a day, take half a teaspoon of xylitol powder (or more) and rinse your mouth with the xylitol-saliva mixture which will form for 3 to 5 minutes a time, then spit. Alternatively, use the xylitol-saliva mix as if it were toothpaste and brush your teeth with it for 3 to 6 minutes. Do not rinse your mouth afterwards, washing out with water markedly reduces xylitol's positive effect."

This eliminates the need to buy gum or candy. It also eliminates ingesting the xylitol (which is a concern for those who get digestive upsets from it).

For sure a very interesting site...thank you again!:thumbsup:

Nstocks

Xylitol mouthwash (simply homemade), crest toothpaste, Ultradex and xylitol mints. I'll give this a shot.

Sinjin

Just to confirm you were swallowing some of the xylitol, not spitting it out, with the mints and chewing gum? Have you tried xylitol in the mouth but not swallowing any of it?
Yeah swallowing it, rinsing seems ok.

Obi-wan

Great info. I still think daily use of K2 is the way to go for teeth no matter where it is applied. Read up on Weston Price. He called it activator-x before it became known as Vit K.

BingDing

@achillea Dr. Ellie says you can dilute Listerine with water if it is too strong.

ACT is marketing a dry mouth treatment with xylitol but it has a lot of excipients. I'm going to try just xylitol and water in a spray bottle. Cypro and benadryl both give me dry mouth.

XLEAR (in the US) is a nasal spray with xylitol, it also has mint and grapefruit seed extract, whatever that is.

I wish the administrators would ban trolls who hijack threads by posting an irrelevant comment and then participating in the resulting string of irrelevant posts. IMO, the net worth of such trolls to the forum is a large negative, especially from trolls who make a habit of it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wish the administrators would ban trolls who hijack threads by posting an irrelevant comment and then participating in the resulting string of irrelevant posts. IMO, the net worth of such trolls to the forum is a large negative, especially from trolls who make a habit of it.
Please report said trolls and banhammer will be applied if necessary. :hattip

whodathunkit

Such_Saturation is NOT a troll. He just marches to his own drummer. Not everyone gets him all the time, and sometimes his "filter" may not be so good. But he's good dude.

whodathunkit

iu
@charlie LMAO! I dunno why I found that so funny but it just tickled me today.

Such_Saturation is NOT a troll. He just marches to his own drummer. Not everyone gets him all the time, and sometimes his "filter" may not be so good. But he's good dude.
:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool

Seriously though, that website seems more interested in selling than informing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals