This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Wagner83

I've been doing xylitol 2-3 times a day and so far teeth feel nice, I'll have to wait more though as baking soda seemed like it helped at first but then teeth became sensitive again. I'm not sure how xylitol affects the ph of the saliva so perhaps something else is needed for optimal teeth. It may sound obvious but I'm wondering why no one rinses his mouth with calcium carbonate and some K2. A kale broth could work as well given it has both calcium and vitamin K.

Sinjin

Outside of the US Closys is called Retardex or Ultradex and the ACT can be substituted for Colgate flouriguard alchohol free @Pompadour

Lilac

I started using the Closys, and about two days later I experienced an exhaustion, the kind you feel when you're sick. But I didn't have any sniffles or cold other symptoms. It lasted for a day, and the next day I got up from sleep easily and was fine. I'm wondering if it was a die-off of bad bacteria.

I have also been having vivid dreams that I remember. Maybe I always had vivid dreams, but I didn't remember them as well. Or maybe this is just an unrelated coincidence.

My dry mouth during sleep also seems better. I have had slight dryness the past few nights, but not that total desiccation that I used to get. (In the past, I taped my mouth. That's how bad the problem was.)

I bought Dr. Ellie's recommended Crest, found on the bottom shelf at Walmart. I feel like I've come full circle, back to the toothpaste of childhood. No glycerin in it, I see.

Yesterday I did one swish of the Listerine, and a while later I felt sniffly cold symptoms in my head. At this point, I immediately wondered if it was a die-off. The symptoms went away within an hour or so.

Sinjin

Weird. I had some xylitol mints and chewing gum and it gave me hardcore flu-like symptoms, incredible headache and vomiting. Not sure if it was the xylitol or some sort of die off.

I also suggest the book "Cure tooth decay. Heal and Prevent cavities with nutrition" by Ramiel Nagel. It is Peat-friendly (whole milk, vitamin K, no grains etc) and also gives a very good advices specifically to treat teeth and the whole idea of natural teeth healing.

Whole milk isn't Peaty.

That book promotes the use of cod liver oil which is toxic, not to mention the scam involving the company that the author also promotes in that book with their fermented cod liver oil where it was tested and found to be rancid and not even from cod.

Pompadour

That book promotes the use of cod liver oil
You are right, i forgot this :) The things that i remember is only good milk sources because of vitamin K (and it needs fats to be absorbed ) and no grains. :) So i decided that it is close to Peat-style recommendations. Any way i find this book very informative.

raypeatclips

Whole milk isn't Peaty.

Hardly anything on this forum is "Peaty" anymore, I don't understand why you go through the forum labelling everything as either "Peaty" or "Not peaty" by picking out small parts of peoples posts. Also, who cares if it isn't "Peaty"?

I can't recall him ever saying anything negative about whole milk, other than it is likely to cause weight gain if you drink enough to meet calcium requirements. That is very different from condemning it.

johann1988

You are right, i forgot this :) The things that i remember is only good milk sources because of vitamin K (and it needs fats to be absorbed ) and no grains. :) So i decided that it is close to Peat-style recommendations. Any way i find this book very informative.
Just want to add, i read Ramiel Nagel died from cancer recently

I don't understand why you go through the forum labelling everything as either "Peaty" or "Not peaty" by picking out small parts of peoples posts.

Because I can. And because I'm a nutrition nerd. And because I like letting people know things he's said on record. And because even though I don't follow the true Peat diet myself, I like philosophizing about what it is, and it is clearly low fat milk, not whole milk, that he consumes. He doesn't consume whole milk. People in the alt-nutrition world get it wrong and conflate him with other people/groups like WAP etc.

Also, who cares if it isn't "Peaty"?

Me.

I can't recall him ever saying anything negative about whole milk, other than it is likely to cause weight gain if you drink enough to meet calcium requirements. That is very different from condemning it.

This is the number one thing people attack me for in Peat circles. Don't hate on me simply because I'm quoting the man himself. He doesn't have to "condemn" it to choose to not consume it himself.

raypeatclips

Because I can. And because I'm a nutrition nerd. And because I like letting people know things he's said on record. And because even though I don't follow the true Peat diet myself, I like philosophizing about what it is, and it is clearly low fat milk, not whole milk, that he consumes. He doesn't consume whole milk. People in the alt-nutrition world get it wrong and conflate him with other people/groups like WAP etc.

Me.

This is the number one thing people attack me for in Peat circles. Don't hate on me simply because I'm quoting the man himself. He doesn't have to "condemn" it to choose to not consume it himself.

Fair enough, if that's what you enjoy, I'm not saying you are wrong, I just think there are many things on here which Peat wouldn't endorse.

He is wary of supplements, and has said the first thing he tried to do when people came to him for help years ago was to get them off all their supplements. Yet countless people on here supplement many things from low quality sources. I am not sure I have ever seen him endorse caffeine supplements, especially in the multi gram doses some people take here. He has said mixing DMSO with another substance can change the substance to something else, yet people do just this. He didn't seem keen on some of the downstream hormonal supplements of haidut such as the keto one. I am not sure he has recommend multi gram aspirin doses for things other than cancer or serious illnesses.

He explicitly advised against testicular application of hormones and vitamins yet there are threads dedicated to just doing this. This especially is the complete opposite of what he advises or believes in. I am not saying it is wrong or right, I have no idea. I have seen people on this forum banned for promoting ideas that Peat doesn't agree with, I don't understand why there are so many exceptions to this? Or are we now allowed to discuss ideas he does not agree with?

Of course there are people that have dietary differences to Peat but there are so many factors outside of diet that he would disagree with spoken about on here.

I just think there are many things on here which Peat wouldn't endorse.

Obviously. That's why Charlie said "Ray Peat does not moderate or participate in this forum. Posts here do not necessarily represent his views. Since we are a community this forum is also provided to share information between community members who might have interests in other areas of their life."

He is wary of supplements

Yes because of poor quality and especially the excipients. But he recommends thyroid for almost everything and also recommends progesterone, pregnenolone, charcoal, cascara, flowers of sulphur, and niacinamide. Those are supplements.

He didn't seem keen on some of the downstream hormonal supplements of haidut such as the keto one.

Did he say something about this specifically?

He explicitly advised against testicular application of hormones and vitamins yet there are threads dedicated to just doing this.

That's exactly what I mean when I say something isn't Peaty but people think it is. They are free to do it but they look weird/silly when they claim it's Peaty.

have no idea. I have seen people on this forum banned for promoting ideas that Peat doesn't agree with

Not true. They were banned for being mean trolls.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hardly anything on this forum is "Peaty" anymore,
iu

I have seen people on this forum banned for promoting ideas that Peat doesn't agree with, I don't understand why there are so many exceptions to this?
And again.....

iu

tara

Alternatively, use the xylitol-saliva mix as if it were toothpaste and brush your teeth with it for 3 to 6 minutes. Do not rinse your mouth afterwards, washing out with water markedly reduces xylitol's positive effect."
I like this idea.

tara

bornamachine

Hey bros the thread is about a tooth protocol not debating something else, why not take it to your private inbox and not hijack this awesome post?

Moving on, OP thanks for your post I'm def interested in the system this is what I've found so far, after my first closys swish I noticed the day after my teeth became more sensetive, next day I got the rest of the stuff and did all the steps but a little closys this time, the day after my teeth are even more sensetive, I've forego closys all together and went lightly on Listerine bit today my teeth are more sensetive and feel more "spacey" between them, I'm gonna just brush with crest and see if it helps, seems like so far it's been negative... Maybe I need more time to build up my enamel seems like my enamel got eroded to an extent... Also, I've chewed spry gum without problem, but tried the xylitol from a bag, I bought a 2 pound bag at supersup made by KAL took about a 6th of a teaspoon and 20 mins started to feel confused for a bit then had a shockwave go down my arms and then the gut irritation started hardcore... So far it's not been smooth and seems like my teeth are pretty weak of a single session has made me more sensitive... OP what has your experience been? Seems like many people have smooth sailing and improve....

raypeatclips

Weird. I had some xylitol mints and chewing gum and it gave me hardcore flu-like symptoms, incredible headache and vomiting. Not sure if it was the xylitol or some sort of die off.

Just to confirm you were swallowing some of the xylitol, not spitting it out, with the mints and chewing gum? Have you tried xylitol in the mouth but not swallowing any of it?

L

lollipop

Hey bros the thread is about a tooth protocol not debating something else, why not take it to your private inbox and not hijack this awesome post?

Moving on, OP thanks for your post I'm def interested in the system this is what I've found so far, after my first closys swish I noticed the day after my teeth became more sensetive, next day I got the rest of the stuff and did all the steps but a little closys this time, the day after my teeth are even more sensetive, I've forego closys all together and went lightly on Listerine bit today my teeth are more sensetive and feel more "spacey" between them, I'm gonna just brush with crest and see if it helps, seems like so far it's been negative... Maybe I need more time to build up my enamel seems like my enamel got eroded to an extent... Also, I've chewed spry gum without problem, but tried the xylitol from a bag, I bought a 2 pound bag at supersup made by KAL took about a 6th of a teaspoon and 20 mins started to feel confused for a bit then had a shockwave go down my arms and then the gut irritation started hardcore... So far it's not been smooth and seems like my teeth are pretty weak of a single session has made me more sensitive... OP what has your experience been? Seems like many people have smooth sailing and improve....
I have not any symptoms, but to your experience, your thought of the closys and listerine ring true to my personal assessment.

I never or rarely use products or food with any additives or preservatives. When I learned about the system, it made sooo much sense especially in habit changes. I decided to start with what feels in line with my normal life which were the xylitol candies, habit changes (threw out all my glycerin toothpaste). I will also most likely go to the crest and stop there.

The habit changes, the xylitol, and using a no glycerin toothpaste called earthpaste have been remarkable so far. I will see even if the others are needed.

I think the person's starting point will have an impact on the experience.