This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Xisca

I also bought Xylitol - and now i use it after meals as "xyitol-pulling". Xylitol candies are not for me - they seem to provoke gallbladder attacks for me (and my pancreas is not happy eather). So this kind of pulling is bettter.
I still end up swallowing and I do not know if I should not..... as my pancreas and liver are not all the best...
What so you notice about pancreas?
I tried the sodium ascorbate for a while, didn't grow any gums back.
Maybe because it is not the only thing that is needed?

But I mean that generally, if we want to take vitamine C, his method might be cheaper and better than pure ascorbic acid?

I have been a few days with only siwak and no xylitol, and it was not as good.

Thanks @charlie that you agreed about having a different thread so that we can continue about the method, and investigate separately about glycerine.

Pompadour

What so you notice about pancreas?
My billiary sludge starts to move because of xylitol (it is cholagogue) and it seems to provoke pains in pancreas-liver-gallbladder area. I had pancreas attack two months ago (the first time in life) and this area is very sensitive now. All cholagogues are dangerous in my situation.

Xisca

Ho, a cholagogue can be good in other situations then!
I did not know it was!

Other stuff about xylitol...
Xylitol's dental health benefits - a sugar substitute with anticariogenic properties (anti-caries) that prevents cavities and reduces plaque by suppressing cariogenic Streptococcus mutans bacteria etc.
- Xylitol apparently improves the absorption of B vitamins and calcium.
- regular consumption of xylitol-containing products prevents or reduces acute middle ear infection (otitis media) in children by inhibiting pathogens associated with this ailment.
- Xylitol is antiketogenic (lowers the level of free fatty acids in serum) and has no known adverse effects on the central nervous system, hormone production and neurotransmitters.
- Xylitol like most sugar alcohols does have a laxative effect
the effect is less harsh than for instance with its "cousin" sorbitol and the human body is able to gradually adapt. A slow increase in consumption is recommended
- Xylitol is best not used with dogs and other non-humans.
- The presence of certain ionic surfactants (surface active agents) such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in toothpaste can prevent xylitol from functioning as it typically does.
- amounts considered sufficient for effective daily dental care is 5-10 g.
- Additional preventative effects can be obtained by using xylitol before any meals or snacks.

Buying the 'best' xylitol sugar - companies/sources selling non-GMO/GMO-free/not made in China. Great variability in product descriptions by xylitol vendors/brands.
- Many brands apparently are made of corn in China, not birch from Finland.

- xylitol as a chemically pure product does not retain ANY original particles from the substance it was made of. In other words, avoiding xylitol made from GMO corn would be more of a political statement (which is certainly important in my eyes).

Last edited:

Xisca

Who finds it cold on the teeth?
Thus also I find it not nice on sensitive tooth necks...

I will try this:

- To overcome any possible pain that might arise initially when rinsing with xylitol (also due to its natural cooling effect), it is recommended to take the xylitol mixed in warm water or to start with lower xylitol doses per application and only gradually and carefully increase the amount; it's also better to wait until the xylitol has dissolved in your mouth before starting to properly rinse and strain it through your teeth.

Pompadour

@Xisca, thank you , very interesting. For me xylitol is also not so pleasant on teeth first. But when it is dissolved in saliva it becomes better. I bought xylitol powder wich is very fine and dissolves very quickly.

BingDing

Good stuff Xisca, thanks. Interesting point about fluoride from Dr. Judd, it is the most electronegative element and so is very reactive. I have been thinking that just brushing with Crest wouldn't inhibit thyroid because I am not ingesting the fluoride, but denaturing proteins is an altogether different risk. Crest also has sodium laurel sulfate in it. I wonder if Dr. Ellie could come up with another toothpaste without those ingredients.

As to dietary acid causing cavities, I think Dr. Judd is wrong. Acid is a byproduct of bacteria metabolizing (6 carbon) glucose, that is why dietary sugar is linked to cavities. The theory of why xylitol reduces cavities is that the bacteria cannot metabolize 5 carbon sugar alcohols, so they don't produce acid and they die before they can reproduce. Also, enamel is normally coated with a biofilm which is a pretty tough matrix. Dietary acid probably doesn't even contact the enamel in a healthy mouth while bacterially produced acid is trapped on the enamel. My 2 cents.

Xisca

Acid is a byproduct of bacteria metabolizing
I also think Judd is wrong for not thinking about this...
Dietary acid probably doesn't even contact the enamel in a healthy mouth
Well, for this I think he is right! I have known people with bad effects on teeth from OJ 1st thing at breakfast!
I prefer to clear with baking soda after such acidic fruits, or even mix baking soda in lemon juice.

Be careful with whatever is in the mouth, I think we can absorb a lot by the mucosa.

Xisca

http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/mastic-gum-resin.html
- product of the evergreen mastic shrub (Pistacia lentiscus)
Upon chewing, the hardened mastic resin quickly softens and turns into a white "plastic" gum.

Mastic's medicinal properties
Particularly recent research has shown mastic and its nearly 70 constituents to be some kind of a jack-of-all-trades demonstrating diverse biomedical and pharmacological activities, among which
  • anti-bacterial and antifungal effect against microorganisms involved in dental plaque formation (antiplaque), malodor of mouth and saliva, and peptic ulcers (antibacterial effects on Helicobacter pylori)
  • protection of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) from oxidation
  • in-vitro induction of apoptosis in cancer cells
  • strong inhibition of tumor growth (in animal experimentation2)
  • symptomatic improvement in functional dyspepsia
  • antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects.

InChristAlone

I took the plunge and started doing the xylitol and listerine. I haven't even started the closys and crest (won't be doing fluoride rinse). My teeth feel so different today. Much MUCH less plaque. I keep running my tongue over my teeth. I have been having a problem with plaque in the last few yrs so much that it was causing a bit of gum disease. My dental hygienist is really rough with me! Hoping to wow her at my next appointment. I'm still skeptical on the fluoride, but I can't say not using fluoride has helped me in the last 8 yrs, I have lots of cavities.

whodathunkit

I make my own Listerine analog out of 1 part grain alcohol to 3 parts distilled water, few drops peppermint oil, and a few tablespoons of xylitol. Been using the alcohol + peppermint + water combo for several years, and since reading this thread added the xylitol. I have not tested the pH of this solution but the primary bacteria-killing ingredients of Listerine are there (alcohol and xylitol), and it tastes good. Tingly, but not burny, although it did used to burn.

After using my homemade listerine I rinse with water and finish with a xylitol mint.

I believe this protocol and the xylitol is helping me heal from my dental problems--which I further believe are in large part caused by the sugary dietary experiements I've undertaken since I hit this forum, a whole other post in that--and recent dental surgery. Need more time to tell. But the initial results are encouraging.

Wagner83

The light xylitol brush before bed along with regular kale broth (and eating part of the cooked leaves) seem to work nice for my teeth so far. Some of them have almost transparent bits so I'll update if this fills with a beautiful white again. Baking soda felt good at first then teeth became more sensitive, so I stopped, could have been coincidence or not.

BingDing

I tried to find out more about fluoride denaturing proteins. It definitely can, but every one thinks about inhibiting microbes and not about what it might do to gum tissue or mucosa. I found a review of fluoride which says it inhibits a whole range of enzymes including defensive enzymes in saliva. Also copper based oxidases which might include cytochrome C oxidase.

Fluoride and organic weak acids as modulators of microbial physiology

walker_in_aus

I've been adding a xylitol rinse and chewing a xylitol mint after all my meals to see how much of a difference it would make. I haven't been using glycerin toothpaste for a while either. Anyway my teeth have been feeling cleaner, however after about a week I have developed fatigue and really bad breath, and my tongue was coated with really gross brown gunk. I brushed it off this morning and it stained my toothbrush.

I hope it's dying bacteria goop.

Blerg.

OP
achillea

achillea

I took the plunge and started doing the xylitol and listerine. I haven't even started the closys and crest (won't be doing fluoride rinse). My teeth feel so different today. Much MUCH less plaque. I keep running my tongue over my teeth. I have been having a problem with plaque in the last few yrs so much that it was causing a bit of gum disease. My dental hygienist is really rough with me! Hoping to wow her at my next appointment. I'm still skeptical on the fluoride, but I can't say not using fluoride has helped me in the last 8 yrs, I have lots of cavities.

In her last interview, Dr Ellie said that the people she sees in her practice that do nothing other than the Crest Anticavity toothpaste are the ones that usually have the least or no cavities. She says that a little fluoride is OK and you are spitting out the majority of it anyway, The amount in water is terrible since we drink it all day. The Listerine is only in your mouth for 20 seconds to 30 seconds and you can get rid of most of it by spitting over and over.
The interviewer, Patrick Timpone is very health conscious and has been hesitant to do the system but he did the oral bacteria test and had nine of the eleven bad bacteria. He agreed to do the system for 12 weeks and retest so sometime the first part of November he will have her back on and tell us what the outcome is. She is that confident it works. We shall see!
We too love the feel of our teeth. She says your teeth are like glass and we are working to turn them into diamond. Nice image.

InChristAlone

So I shared this in the facebook group, and someone mentioned novamin, wouldn't the remineralizing toothpastes without fluoride be a better option?

L

lollipop

Wanted to circle back and give my testimony:

I am having HUGE success with this dental protocol. I use the crest toothpaste a couple times a week, the earthpaste the other days and my own homemade xylitol candies after absolutely everything that goes in my mouth even water.

Also, I use the xylitol with my saliva after brushing my teeth for a mouth rinse. Swish it for 3 - 5 min. I also stopped flossing and rinse my toothbrush with alcohol mouthwash.

Just WoW! How clean my teeth are! I keep running my tongue over them in disbelief. I haven't even tried Cloysis yet and not sure I will need too. Sooo much relief from mouth bacteria.

BingDing

Nice!!! I had a similar experience several years ago when I did the straight Dr. Nellie routine. That smooth clean feeling on the tongue is really remarkable. I went on for a few years without brushing my teeth very much and my saliva seemed to keep my mouth healthy by itself; no fuzz on the teeth, nothing on the tongue, no cavities.

Unfortunately, after getting into Peat and this forum I used cypro every day for many weeks and the dry mouth side effect was deadly. I had six cavities in a year and my saliva glands pretty much shut down. I am just starting to come out of it and this thread is very encouraging.

I just got [url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH6675G/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_bFqs5_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=YEMA9TY7FRZT3W4ZMXE8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=5d26f650-2b82-5017-9668-c648ebeb4af9&pf_rd_i=3778161&th=1] oral essentials mouthwash hoping to replace the fluoridated ACT. Just one use is too little to comments, but it looks good.[/URL]
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...2-5017-9668-c648ebeb4af9&pf_rd_i=3778161&th=1
If I had the discipline I'd swish with xylitol six times a day, I expect that would help a lot.

BD

InChristAlone

I use cypro everyday for several months just a small dose. I still have lots of saliva! But my mouth would be bone dry if I didn't tape my shut at night, mouth breathing is a big cause of dry mouth.

I think this system rocks, many thanks to the OP! My teeth have never felt better. (Sensitive areas still need healing)

BingDing

@janelle Man I wish I had been smarter. I've had one or both nostrils slightly clogged up for most of my life, if i didn't breathe through my mouth I wouldn't breathe at all. I'm just realizing that is inflation/endogenous bacteria/or just random bad luck. Or a flaky sort of song that Blake would like, :writer:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals