This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Xisca

The best part is that you HAVE TO eat them often!

And nice for children "eat your piece of sweet"!

Be careful, it is a prebiotic that some people need to get used to, or get some nice belly cramps!
That is why I want to make gums: keep them in mouth long and swallow little.

EndAllDisease

Beautiful!
Thanks for this I love ORN and also am interested in dental health.

Last week I got ahold of some pure 5% hydrogen peroxide and decided to swish it around in my mouth.
You wouldn't believe the FOAM!!!

Since then I've done it a number of times but nothing even close to that first time, so I suspect there was some infection happening there that is now clear.
Although hydrogen peroxide is reactive and probably can have a slight negative effect on cells, I suspect that drinking some diluted peroxide now and then is probably worth it for most people.

Forsythia

Rinsing mouth and brushing teeth with xylitol sugar can stop tooth decay and heal gum disease

This is an interesting site. It recommends just putting 1/2 teaspoon of Xylitol in your mouth, then when it becomes mixed with saliva, pulling it through your teeth and mouth for a few minutes, then spitting it out (just like oil pulling, but with xylitol).

"Xylitol for sucking, mouth rinsing and toothbrushing
(At least) 3 times a day, take half a teaspoon of xylitol powder (or more) and rinse your mouth with the xylitol-saliva mixture which will form for 3 to 5 minutes a time, then spit. Alternatively, use the xylitol-saliva mix as if it were toothpaste and brush your teeth with it for 3 to 6 minutes. Do not rinse your mouth afterwards, washing out with water markedly reduces xylitol's positive effect."

This eliminates the need to buy gum or candy. It also eliminates ingesting the xylitol (which is a concern for those who get digestive upsets from it).

B

Braveheart

Rinsing mouth and brushing teeth with xylitol sugar can stop tooth decay and heal gum disease

This is an interesting site. It recommends just putting 1/2 teaspoon of Xylitol in your mouth, then when it becomes mixed with saliva, pulling it through your teeth and mouth for a few minutes, then spitting it out (just like oil pulling, but with xylitol).

(At least) 3 times a day, take half a teaspoon of xylitol powder (or more) and rinse your mouth with the xylitol-saliva mixture which will form for 3 to 5 minutes a time, then spit. Alternatively, use the xylitol-saliva mix as if it were toothpaste and brush your teeth with it for 3 to 6 minutes. Do not rinse your mouth afterwards, washing out with water markedly reduces xylitol's positive effect."

This eliminates the need to buy gum or candy. It also eliminates ingesting the xylitol (which is a concern for those who get digestive upsets from it).
more good info....thank you for this!

L

lollipop

Very Interesting. Thank you.

L

lollipop

Are you OK there in Houston?...we sighed a breath of relief when north winds temporarily disrupted Harvey just before it was to hit Belize...hope you are good....
Aaaawwwww...how sweet thank you ❤️❤️ I am in Dallas at the very edge of storm line. We have rain and clouds but otherwise, we are safe. Down south in Houston...well, definitely let's send good thoughts. Glad it slowed and got diverted before Belize.

Lyn

Thank you, Achillea. I'd say, give it a try, and see how it works for you. I tried the program once many years ago, and again some time later -- followed the program exactly both times -- and the results were indifferent at best. Definitely not miraculous. The xylitol does seem like a good idea, and I use it. But I suspect the fact that sorbitol supports bacterial growth, and there's sorbitol in the products in her program, things ended up being kind of a wash for me:
Xylitol vs. Sorbitol: Which is better in preventing tooth decay? | XylitolPreventsCavities.com
Incidentally, if you run out of xylitol, erythritol is apparently just as good, if not better:.
Erythritol Is More Effective Than Xylitol and Sorbitol in Managing Oral Health Endpoints

OP
achillea

achillea

Thank you, Achillea. I'd say, give it a try, and see how it works for you. I tried the program once many years ago, and again some time later -- followed the program exactly both times -- and the results were indifferent at best. Definitely not miraculous. The xylitol does seem like a good idea, and I use it. But I suspect the fact that sorbitol supports bacterial growth, and there's sorbitol in the products in her program, things ended up being kind of a wash for me:
Xylitol vs. Sorbitol: Which is better in preventing tooth decay? | XylitolPreventsCavities.com
Incidentally, if you run out of xylitol, erythritol is apparently just as good, if not better:.
Erythritol Is More Effective Than Xylitol and Sorbitol in Managing Oral Health Endpoints

HOW LONG DID YOU DO THE SYSTEM AND DID YOU HAVE A BACTERIA CHECK?

Lyn

It's been a long time ago now. I don't remember exactly how long I did the system. I remember doing the xylitol mints in the amount recommended, for the length of time it was reported to take to make changes. I did it long enough to tell that nothing miraculous was happening. Usually, if I notice a problem and make a change, the results are pretty quick. I didn't have a bacteria check. It might work really well for you, so don't let me discourage you from trying it. I'd be interested to hear how it works for you. So far, the only testimonials I've read/read about have been on her site. Best wishes.

OP
achillea

achillea

From NIH Human Microbiome Project 5-28-16 speech by Kiran Krishan starting at minute 24. He says preliminary research says ....
Microbiome of the mouth could actually play a role. Disbiosis of the mouth in people with epilepsy actually increases severity of siezures. So there is a correlation between bacteria in your mouth and neurological behavior. So neurological behavior can even be influenced by mouth bacteria.

B

Braveheart

This is great...I will use the powder and that's it...no other product...this old German Dr. probably made the original discovery...

OP
achillea

achillea

We bought the complete system from Dr Ellie. I know we could have gotten it cheaper by buying the products individually but we wanted to support her and her helping others. I must say that the colors of the products are quite beautiful together
Neither of us has tasted Crest or Listerine for at least 40 years and we both found them to be extremely intense. After the first use I was ready to stop as I could not tolerate the tastes and the not being able to rinse it out. Yuck!
The Closys is the easiest as there is no flavor added . It turns out to be stabilized chlorine dioxide otherwise known by Jim Humbles coined term MMS. If you are not familiar MMS is being used for autism and other diseases. Quite amazing stuff. A German Biophysicist Andreas Kalcker has done extensive research on Chlorine dioxide and finds it totally safe. No it is not bleach. Lots of interesting lectures by Humble,Kalcker and Rivera about it,
I persevered despite the tastes and now after a few days it is not so bad except for the Listerine which hurts the tip of my tongue.
So far I can discern a cleanliness in the mouth and a smoothness on the teeth. So far so good!

Lyn

Xylitol chewing gum severely irritated my intestine, something to be careful with.
Yes, I have to limit the number of xylitol mints/pieces of gum I use. Things used to get pretty rumbly when I used Ellie's recommended 6 per day.

Xisca

We have rain and clouds but otherwise, we are safe.
Great Lisa, I did not dare to ask....
So far I can discern a cleanliness in the mouth and a smoothness on the teeth. So far so good!
Well, I have started xylitol after all meals and juices, instead of just at night
+ miswak branch. I have never had so clean teeth before, very smooth to the tongue!
The miswak is very good, it really makes a strong little brush.
I can stand to swallow xylitol, but I think it causes hunger!

OP
achillea

achillea

Beautiful!
Thanks for this I love ORN and also am interested in dental health.

Last week I got ahold of some pure 5% hydrogen peroxide and decided to swish it around in my mouth.
You wouldn't believe the FOAM!!!

Since then I've done it a number of times but nothing even close to that first time, so I suspect there was some infection happening there that is now clear.
Although hydrogen peroxide is reactive and probably can have a slight negative effect on cells, I suspect that drinking some diluted peroxide now and then is probably worth it for most people.

From what I have heard and read peroxide can soften the teeth and eat away at the enamel.