THE GREAT TETANUS VACCINE POLL

What would you do?

• Total voters

Logan-

I want to end this discussion by reaching a robust conclusion, hoping this poll will lead to an informative discussion that will help the members of the RPF reach some kind of a general consensus regarding the tetanus vaccination.

Suppose a stray dog bit your child, or your child was severely wounded with a fully rusty sharp object (deep cut). What would you do? Let’s say you can’t find the dog ever again.

I’m asking a hypothetical question, a thought experiment. Suppose it happened to your child, with a dog like that. You take the child to the ER, the doctors immediately say he/she should be given a tetanus vaccine immediately or else there’s a high risk of painful death for him/her. What do you do in that scenario?

Yes, in many of the western countries the streets are comparatively, mostly free of stray dogs, especially dogs that pose that kind of a threat. But suppose you were in a different country that has that threat when the incident happened, and the doctors are pressuring and scaring you into giving your child the tetanus vaccine immediately to save him.

What would you do?

OP
L

Logan-

Last edited:

Peatress

I “take it” you are the kind of a person who likes to express their assumptions they make regarding people, without a solid basis, and a need to do so on others’ part. Beware of the paradox.

Discuss the issue, not my convictions.

My answer is no, and why starts on page two of Logan’s other tetanus thread, linked below, as well as my thread documenting the beginning of my husband’s demise getting a tetanus shot update, in case he might be one of the unluckily seven people a year, in the United States, that die from tetanus….

OP
L

Logan-

Q: Are there any vaccines you approve of? Some people claim polio vaccines are really important and etc
IT all seems strange... i dint think any vaccine are needed

A: It’s mostly just something to keep doctors busy; the tetanus vaccine has only killed a few people (botulism has rarely killed kids).
The new RNA things are extremely different, have already killed many more than all the other vaccine together.

Source: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I couldn’t understand Ray’s position. The questions was regarding vaccines he approves of (if any), whether any of them are important; and Ray saying “It’s mostly just something to keep doctors busy; the tetanus vaccine has only killed a few people (botulism has rarely killed kids).
The new RNA things are extremely different, have already killed many more than all the other vaccine together.

I couldn’t clearly understand his tone and position regarding the tetanus vaccine from his answer above.

Source: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I couldn’t understand Ray’s position. The questions was regarding vaccines he approves of (if any), whether any of them are important; and Ray saying “It’s mostly just something to keep doctors busy; the tetanus vaccine has only killed a few people (botulism has rarely killed kids).

I couldn’t clearly understand his tone and position regarding the tetanus vaccine from his answer above.
I sure do, he is saying tetanus vaccines are unnecessary, and just money makers, and have killed people, but the new vaccines are really dangerous. Tetanus did not kill my husband, it was the vaccine ruining his immune system, and further medical “care” that killed him.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

I sure do, he is saying tetanus vaccines are unnecessary, and just money makers, and have killed people, but the new vaccines are really dangerous. Tetanus did not kill my husband, it was the vaccine ruining his immune system, and further medical “care” that killed him.
I see that your interpretation puts his writing into a perspective that I think is likely in line with what he meant. Ray was notorious for his hard-to-understand email replies.

I have long suspected the tetanus vaccine given to me when I was a child, after a dog bite might have had a decisive impact on my health, my immune system, my digestive system, and indirectly, my cerebral health.

Hugh Johnson

I would take it, if I were exposed to a serious tetanus risk. The vaccine could kill or maim me, but so would tetanus.

Tetanus vaccine is perhaps the only one I would take. But not as a vaccine, rather as a treatment to tetanus after exposure. I understand it is an effective vaccine, if dangerous, and functions as a treatment.

OP
L

Logan-

I would take it, if I were exposed to a serious tetanus risk. The vaccine could kill or maim me, but so would tetanus.

Tetanus vaccine is perhaps the only one I would take. But not as a vaccine, rather as a treatment to tetanus after exposure. I understand it is an effective vaccine, if dangerous, and functions as a treatment.
Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it. I wanted this thread to be one of a discussion, not an echo-chamber. It takes certain virtues/balls to go against the wind and express your differing opinion in a crowd, even when you are anonymous.

what if the if the tetanus vaccine is not really killing you right away but killing you soflty so you becaome dependent on maintenance medicine

I see that your interpretation puts his writing into a perspective that I think is likely in line with what he meant. Ray was notorious for his hard-to-understand email replies.

I have long suspected the tetanus vaccine given to me when I was a child, after a dog bite might have had a decisive impact on my health, my immune system, my digestive system, and indirectly, my cerebral health.
I feel for you. Maybe vaccines were well intended many decades ago, but something changed. My son’s health changed after getting vaxxed going into 1st grade, with food allergies to everything, eczema and other oddities. After seeing his health change, I refused anymore, and signed a form with the school refusing them.

“There are few reports of autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and anti-phospholipid syndrome after anti-tetanus vaccination. Herein, we describe four cases, of which we believe, show a clear temporal relation between anti-tetanus vaccination and the appearance of dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, type 1 diabetes mellitus and anti-phospholipid syndrome.”

Peater

I've already had it at least once and presumably more. I intend to never take any more vaccines of any sort.

OP
L

Logan-

I feel for you. Maybe vaccines were well intended many decades ago, but something changed. My son’s health changed after getting vaxxed going into 1st grade, with food allergies to everything, eczema and other oddities. After seeing his health change, I refused anymore, and signed a form with the school refusing them.

“There are few reports of autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and anti-phospholipid syndrome after anti-tetanus vaccination. Herein, we describe four cases, of which we believe, show a clear temporal relation between anti-tetanus vaccination and the appearance of dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, type 1 diabetes mellitus and anti-phospholipid syndrome.”

Thank you. I agree with you. I have Crohn’s and chronic migraines. If Crohn’s gets worse I get RA, and autoimmune skin problems. Just like your son I also have multiple food sensitivities and allergies that I didn’t have before; that’s why I follow quite a restrictive but well-tailored diet for my health.

After the tetanus shot I may have had a few seasonal flu shots, but that’s it, never had vaccines after that. Always refused. The thing is, I live in a country where stray dogs abound and the governments can’t put them to sleep due to the delusional, ignorant, so called “progressive” types’ reactions for the “poor dogs”, “we have to share the streets and have no right to take their lives” BS. So, we’re stuck; luckily I have a car right at the door of my house so I don’t really need to walk much. The thing is, I am normally not afraid of dogs, never have feared from them, have taken care of / owned a few dogs myself; but it takes one bite from a f….ng stray dog to make you suspicious about the tetanus issue, here.

Thank you. I agree with you. I have Crohn’s and chronic migraines. If Crohn’s gets worse I get RA, and autoimmune skin problems. Just like your son I also have multiple food sensitivities and allergies that I didn’t have before; that’s why I follow quite a restrictive but well-tailored diet for my health.

After the tetanus shot I may have had a few seasonal flu shots, but that’s it, never had vaccines after that. Always refused. The thing is, I live in a country where stray dogs abound and the governments can’t put them to sleep due to the delusional, ignorant, so called “progressive” types’ reactions for the “poor dogs”, “we have to share the streets and have no right to take their lives” BS. So, we’re stuck; luckily I have a car right at the door of my house so I don’t really need to walk much. The thing is, I am normally not afraid of dogs, never have feared from them, have taken care of / owned a few dogs myself; but it takes one bite from a f….ng stray dog to make you suspicious about the tetanus issue, here.
Ohhhh, this makes sense why you are really pushing this subject. Like I said I think the risk is more from the host than the dog bite or nail. If you are not terrified about the flu then I wouldn’t be more worried about the dog bite, because it is a rare thing to get, and even if you did, the survival rate is really high for someone under sixty. Maybe carry a little tetanus kit with you in your car or even pocket to give you less worry.

OP
L

Logan-

Ohhhh, this makes sense why you are really pushing this subject. Like I said I think the risk is more from the host than the dog bite or nail. If you are not terrified about the flu then I wouldn’t be more worried about the dog bite, because it is a rare thing to get, and even if you did, the survival rate is really high for someone under sixty. Maybe carry a little tetanus kit with you in your car or even pocket to give you less worry.
I use strong immunosuppressants for Crohn’s, and though I think my immune system still functions better than most, I still feel somewhat unsure about this issue. I have so many things to research that I haven’t researched the tetanus issue yet, in depth. A kit is a good idea, even better would be pistols to shoot them but gun ownership laws here are unfortunately not as good as they are in the U.S.; so instead I carry a baseball bat in my car (for dogs and people alike) and I will show no mercy to the aggressive dogs if it comes to that (the thread is getting gory but I am open to other suggestions).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals