OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What's your experience like with PRL ?
Do you know which serotonin or dopamine receptors it affects ?
There's very little research on PRL with just one study showing that it increases dopamine and lowers serotonin in humans. I think it works in a way of restoring those instead of increasing or lowering them past baseline, but that's just a speculation. The reason for the speculation is because PRL enhances mental function the most in those that are the most mentally impaired, and not much or at all in those that are fine.
For me, PRL didn't do much as with most other dopaminergics.

Mauritio

There's very little research on PRL with just one study showing that it increases dopamine and lowers serotonin in humans. I think it works in a way of restoring those instead of increasing or lowering them past baseline, but that's just a speculation. The reason for the speculation is because PRL enhances mental function the most in those that are the most mentally impaired, and not much or at all in those that are fine.
For me, PRL didn't do much as with most other dopaminergics.
Ok thanks , i think it's best to cycle it . I read about someone who had side effects even 1 month after discontinuing daily use.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ok thanks , i think it's best to cycle it . I read about someone who had side effects even 1 month after discontinuing daily use.
What kind of side effects?

Mauritio

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think anxiety , chemical sensitivity , inability to focus .

I'd say PRL is not researched enough at all so I'd only be guessing as to why. I use 10mg for a few days/weeks without much effect on its own.

Mauritio

I'd say PRL is not researched enough at all so I'd only be guessing as to why. I use 10mg for a few days/weeks without much effect on its own.
Yeah I'd say if you're otherwise healthy and dont take it everyday you should be good .
I think the main problem was his daily consumption .

Mauritio

I've tried piracetam(1200mg) for the first time yesterday. It feels very pro-metabolism and dopaminergic, but at the same time GABAergic.
I had the best sleep of the year so far. I slept so deep and it felt so restorative.
I also stepped on the scale and I lost 700g
compared to yesterday morning.

The downside is erections seem weaker and I feel a little pressure in my sinuses similarly to phenylpiracetam, but not as strong.
I also completed my experiment with phenylpiracetam a week and piracetam feels a lot less adrenergic and more GABAergic.

Although I've read that it doesnt affect the GABA receptors. It might raise the GABA/Glutamate ratio without affecting GABA as it activated the glutamate quisqualate autoreceptor, which results in a lower output of glutamate .

Mauritio

@Hans
Have you tried low doses like 250mg ?

This study says ,
hed of 250mg decreased serotonin and increased norepinephrine In the brain and didn't effect prostaglandin E2.

An Hed of 1300mg increased serotonin, decreased norepinephrine and increased prostaglandin E2.

Although in this study the same amount (1300mg) decreased PGE2 and nitric oxide compared to the 4000mg dose which increased both values .
They suggest that at lower doses piracetam is an antioxidant and at higher doses a pro oxidant .

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
Have you tried low doses like 250mg ?

This study says ,
hed of 250mg decreased serotonin and increased norepinephrine In the brain and didn't effect prostaglandin E2.

An Hed of 1300mg increased serotonin, decreased norepinephrine and increased prostaglandin E2.

Although in this study the same amount (1300mg) decreased PGE2 and nitric oxide compared to the 4000mg dose which increased both values .
They suggest that at lower doses piracetam is an antioxidant and at higher doses a pro oxidant .
No I haven't tried such low doses, but it's worth a try. A lot of studies in humans actually find that very high doses are more effective than smaller doses.

Mauritio

No I haven't tried such low doses, but it's worth a try. A lot of studies in humans actually find that very high doses are more effective than smaller doses.
It seems like theres different effects depending on the dosage . With low/medium doses beeing more nootropic and high doses more anxiolytic.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It seems like theres different effects depending on the dosage . With low/medium doses beeing more nootropic and high doses more anxiolytic.

Here's a good thread discussing various doses on humans: PIRACETAM DOSAGE - Why you should be taking 4.8 grams / dose - Brain Health

Mauritio

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting most of the studies mentioned, administered only a single dose .
Have you ever taken that much ? If so , how did it feel compared to a lower dose ?
The highest I've gone was around 3g lol. I also prefer to stay low dose, but I don't take it too frequently unless I really have to do mentally demanding tasks for long periods of time. Then it helps with sustaining focus, etc.

Mauritio

The highest I've gone was around 3g lol. I also prefer to stay low dose, but I don't take it too frequently unless I really have to do mentally demanding tasks for long periods of time. Then it helps with sustaining focus, etc.
Yeah me too . I liked 600 and 1200mg the most so far .
Although it does seem safe on high doses for longer timespans .
This study administered up to 20g per day for 18 months .

In this study they took 8g/d for 1 year and the drug was well tolerated .

Last edited:
So I took 5g creatine and 50mg of P5P. Dopamine+DHT, how does that work you say?

I made $1400 USD in 20 seconds shorting Dogecoin, then lost it all 5 minutes later. Cratered my keyboard against the floor, there were keys everywhere (now I am typing this using the on screen keyboard lmao). After I calmed down I decided to sort out my room and cleaned out a bunch of old crap so there is that. A lot of ups and downs as opposed to the flatlined life I am used to. It feels good, but also scary , in a sense .

johnsmith

So I took 5g creatine and 50mg of P5P. Dopamine+DHT, how does that work you say?

I made $1400 USD in 20 seconds shorting Dogecoin, then lost it all 5 minutes later. Cratered my keyboard against the floor, there were keys everywhere (now I am typing this using the on screen keyboard lmao). After I calmed down I decided to sort out my room and cleaned out a bunch of old crap so there is that. A lot of ups and downs as opposed to the flatlined life I am used to. It feels good, but also scary , in a sense .
Lol

Charger

I've started using 800mg Piracetam since Wednesday and I didn't realize how dopaminergic it is. I used Piracetam for the first time around 12 years ago when I first heard about it and even less information was available and I don't recall it being so powerful, maybe it is potentiating other dopaminergics in my stack, but it has increased my energy and shot libido through the roof.

Mauritio

I've started using 800mg Piracetam since Wednesday and I didn't realize how dopaminergic it is. I used Piracetam for the first time around 12 years ago when I first heard about it and even less information was available and I don't recall it being so powerful, maybe it is potentiating other dopaminergics in my stack, but it has increased my energy and shot libido through the roof.
Nice! Did you use it daily at 800mg ?

Mauritio

I've been using 800mg daily since Wednesday. Will continue at that dose if no side effects appear.
Interesting !
Keep an eye on your mood ,you might need additional choline at some point . Also do you notice anything regarding your sinuses ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom