The Cancer Matrix

chispas

I was just wondering about the recent article by Ray, entitled The Cancer Matrix, specifically the paragraphs below:

In general, substances that increase collagen production are promoters of cancer and contribute to the progression of heart failure, and other degenerative changes.

The incidence of cancer increases exponentially with age, but when random mutations are seen as the cause of cancer, aging as an essential cause of cancer is disregarded. The total collagen content of the body increases with aging, and the stiffness of that collagen also increases. The total collagen content in cancer patients is higher than in people without cancer (Zimin, et al., 2010). This suggests that the processes in the body that produce aging are acting more intensely in those who develop cancer. As the collagen accumulates in the extracellular matrix, the whole body becomes more favorable for the appearance of cancer.

Plastic surgeons have promoted the idea of injecting collagen into tissues with the argument that they are "replacing collagen lost with aging," but in fact collagen accumulates with aging. It is the greater compactness and stiffness of collagen in old skin that produces noticeable changes such as wrinkling. The difference between calf skin leather, used for soft gloves and purses, and cow hide, used for shoe soles and boots, illustrates the changes that occur with aging. Supermarkets used to categorize chickens as fryers and stewers, or stewing hens. The difference was the age and toughness, very young chickens could be cooked quickly, old laying hens had accumulated more collagen, and especially the cross-linked hardened collagen, and required long cooking to reduce the toughness. Old beef animals are usually sold as cheaper stew meat or hamburger, because the age-hardened collagen can make a steak too rubbery to chew if it's quickly cooked.

Does this mean that glycine could be a promoter of cancer?

yourke

I was just wondering about the recent article by Ray, entitled The Cancer Matrix, specifically the paragraphs below:

No, Glycine is great for GABA, which turns off the excititory state (pituitary gland), an amino acid which can be formed from other amino acid.

XPlus

Collagen build up I think is related to failure in renewal of the tissues due to energy deficiency.
Glycine is an amino acid and when consumed should support energy production and renewal of the tissues.

yourke

Collagen build up I think is related to failure in renewal of the tissues due to energy deficiency.
Glycine is an amino acid and when consumed should support energy production and renewal of the tissues.

Glycine reduces collagen build up and cross linking

"Alcohol administration significantly elevated the levels of liver hydroxyproline and total collagen content, cross-linked fluorescence, shrinkage temperature and lipid peroxidation, whereas it significantly decreased the solubility of liver collagen as compared with the control rats. Simultaneous glycine supplementation to alcohol-fed rats significantly reduced the levels of liver hydroxyproline and total collagen content, cross-linked fluorescence, shrinkage temperature and lipid peroxidation and enhanced the solubility of liver collagen as compared with the unsupplemented alcohol-fed rats"
Pol J Pharmacol. 2004 Jan-Feb;56(1):121-8.
Glycine prevents hepatic fibrosis by preventing the accumulation of collagen in rats with alcoholic liver injury.
Senthilkumar R1, Nalini N.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals