COLLAGEN CONFUSION

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat , you need to open Peat's Cafe so we can all come and dine. Your recipes are amazing and while I have only minimal time right now, I do what I can, and your recipes have been inspiring me to start cooking and baking more. It has added a lot to my enjoyment of eating again, and I appreciate everything you share.

May I ask, where do you buy your chicken wings from?
Reading what you said here Cow is what really makes me happy, inspiring people. Inspiring happiness with food, having it be guilt free and so enjoyable, and so easy to make, and having food that heals and feels so good eating it. It really is my mission, to help people enjoy being healthy. Thank you again for making me smile!

I just posted a new soup recipe in my “Peating For One” thread. You can double up on those recipes if you need to. That thread is meant to show what I eat, and how fast and easy it is to make myself a meal. Here is the link to that thread, as well as the two companies I get my meat from…

www.crowdcow.com

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Some people have trouble taking aspirin even in small doses. Most often they get symptoms like tinnitus, GI discomfort, nervous system overexcitement, etc. It just happens that glycine (and also taurine) happen to help with all of these symptoms. So, I did some digging and it looks like aspirin may function like a non-specific "antagonist" to the glycine "receptor" and as such deplete glycine. Since glycine (and taurine) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter (independently of the conversion of glycine and taurine stimulating GABA release), glycine depletion by aspirin would explain the tinnitus and overexcitement of CNS. It is also interesting that glycine is given as an experimental antidote to aspirin poisoning, but none of the doctors I asked even knew about the potential interaction of aspirin and glycine, so this is new information as far as mainstream medicine is concerned.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Exposure to estrogen early in life can affect the health in adulthood, and so can an early deficiency of glycine. The degenerative diseases can begin in the earliest years of life, but because aging, like growth, is a developmental process, it's never too late to start the corrective process." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707242230693.png

Kray

Thanks for that Rinse, complete with graphics 🤓
Good to remember, as many people who partake of "broths" may not know this.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for that Rinse, complete with graphics 🤓
Good to remember, as many people who partake of "broths" may not know this.
I was making my beef bone broth with the marrow bones, thinking I was doing a good thing. I am happy to be saving that money now, because marrow bones are expensive!

Kray

I was making my beef bone broth with the marrow bones, thinking I was doing a good thing. I am happy to be saving that money now, because marrow bones are expensive!
Exactly my thoughts when I read your post! And it's been hard for me to find them fully grass-sourced.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Exactly my thoughts when I read your post! And it's been hard for me to find them fully grass-sourced.
I have been buying grass-fed knuckle bones in the freezer section, but I think the shanks are a good deal, getting so much meat and flavor from them. The oxtails are way too expensive and have too many little bones.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Kray

UG Krishnamurti Member email exchange with Ray Peat....

Ray responds on making gelatin and bones containing fluoride:

"The bone fluoride is very insoluble, so I don’t think there’s a problem. Long bones contain marrow, and prolonged cooking of that produces a lot of fat oxidation products. The tendons and ligaments around joints are the main source of gelatin, rather than the bone itself." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Which meats have the most collagen?

The meats that have the most collagen are bone broth, animal skin, slow cooked cuts of beef, fish, shellfish and meat on the bone (ribs, short rib, oxtail).
Cut of BeefCollagen per Serving
Beef Bone Broth8-10 g
Beef Brisket3 g
Short Ribs3 g
Flank Steak2.5 g
Pot Roast3 g
Tenderloin or RibeyeLow (less collagen than more tender cuts)
Oxtail2.5 g

Kray

Which meats have the most collagen?

The meats that have the most collagen are bone broth, animal skin, slow cooked cuts of beef, fish, shellfish and meat on the bone (ribs, short rib, oxtail).
Cut of BeefCollagen per Serving
Beef Bone Broth8-10 g
Beef Brisket3 g
Short Ribs3 g
Flank Steak2.5 g
Pot Roast3 g
Tenderloin or RibeyeLow (less collagen than more tender cuts)
Oxtail2.5 g
GotchU!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals