Cold Temperatures Promote Tumor Growth

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has been saying it for years, but here is the latest study (and I think the first admission by mainstream science) that warm-blooded creatures like mice (and humans) do not function well in the cold.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/11/ ... h-in-mice/
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/11/12/1304291110

"...Cancer patients also commonly report suffering deep chills, especially following treatment. It’s possible that growing tumors may induce a cold stress that probably promotes their own survival. We do not know exactly how this works yet, but this research still has important implications for cancer patients and their treatments. Could administering cancer therapies in a sauna-like setting improve their tumor-fighting potential and slow cancer growth? Such approaches have been tried in small trials for breast cancer, angiosarcoma, and sarcoma. They show that increasing body temperature to a mild fever over the course of a few hours improves response rates to radiation therapy."

I think the above quote (emphasis is mine) pretty much sums it up - the body cannot fight the tumors properly in cold environments and heating the body up (red /infrared light, aspirin, caffeine, protein, salt) would probably be beneficial.

To Ray's point again. The parallel between cancer and old age is obvious I think - I do not know a single old person who can tolerate cold, sleep well, or is able to maintain comfortable body temperature without the need for extra help like clothes and heating.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
j. said:
haidut said:
creatures like mice (and humans) do not function well in the cold.

Would taking more thyroid fix the situation?

It should. I simply listed the most thermogenic substances that we can access through diet as per Peat's articles. Some people do not have access to thyroid or could not get the dosage right so they experience a consistent effect.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh getting the thyroid dosage right is a challenge.

Ray Peat also has said to keep those feet warm to. He said if the feet drop below a certain temperature they make a toxic substance. I always keep my feet warm now.

Mittir

Charlie said:
Yeh getting the thyroid dosage right is a challenge.

In Puja Hormone interview RP mentioned that he gets all his nutrients from food
and uses only a small amount of thyroid. In another place he mentioned he try to be
in a slightly hyperthyroid state. That is probably the reason he uses small amount of
thyroid. Once PUFA is depleted from tissue, diet alone will be enough to maintain
a good metabolic rate for most people. I wonder if most Peatian people realize
how central is avoidance of PUFA.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mittir said:
I wonder if most Peatian people realize how central is avoidance of PUFA.
I think most of us realize thats number one on the list.

Without thyroid I am extremely exhausted and downright cold temps. :(

J

j.

Charlie said:

If you go only one or two days without thyroid, probably that's not enough time for the gland to adjust to its optimum without supplementation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:

If you go only one or two days without thyroid, probably that's not enough time for the gland to adjust to its optimum without supplementation.
I have tried backing off slowly.

SAFarmer

Thanks Haidut for the study of cancer and temperature !

Re Thyroid, I have read that the gland will not reduce it's normal output unless your core temperature increases above the ideal range for an extended period of time. Therefore, before your thyroid can heal, if you stop thyroid supplementation, the gland will just produce what it always has before supplementation, if your dosage was not excessive for too long based on temperature. Don't have a source for this info though.

Cynthia386

Ray has been saying it for years, but here is the latest study (and I think the first admission by mainstream science) that warm-blooded creatures like mice (and humans) do not function well in the cold.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/11/ ... h-in-mice/
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/11/12/1304291110

"...Cancer patients also commonly report suffering deep chills, especially following treatment. It’s possible that growing tumors may induce a cold stress that probably promotes their own survival. We do not know exactly how this works yet, but this research still has important implications for cancer patients and their treatments. Could administering cancer therapies in a sauna-like setting improve their tumor-fighting potential and slow cancer growth? Such approaches have been tried in small trials for breast cancer, angiosarcoma, and sarcoma. They show that increasing body temperature to a mild fever over the course of a few hours improves response rates to radiation therapy."

I think the above quote (emphasis is mine) pretty much sums it up - the body cannot fight the tumors properly in cold environments and heating the body up (red /infrared light, aspirin, caffeine, protein, salt) would probably be beneficial.

To Ray's point again. The parallel between cancer and old age is obvious I think - I do not know a single old person who can tolerate cold, sleep well, or is able to maintain comfortable body temperature without the need for extra help like clothes and heating.
I have recently started using a heating pad when I get a IV cancer treatment. The hospital is freezing. The nurses wear coats inside.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals