Teen Blames Vaping After His Lung Collapses

SOMO

It's not the nicotine, but the additives in the E-Liquid/Liquid Nicotine.

One of the flavor chemical is Safety and Health Topics | Flavorings-Related Lung Disease - Diacetyl and 2,3-Pentandione | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Supposedly it can give you "popcorn lung."

Nicotine itself is a crappy stimulant btw and RP says it would be limited because of how much it causes vasoconstriction.
Nicotine also has potent effects on NMDA which can actually cause psychosis in some.

I myself have used e-cigs and always found they irritated the lungs a lot and caused phleghm/mucus in the back of the throat, more than regular cigarettes did.

The only "safe" nicotine might be nicotine patches/gum.

Nicotine also increases Lipolysis and suppresses appetite and that's the reason a lot of people use it - to keep weight down.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

It's not the nicotine, but the additives in the E-Liquid/Liquid Nicotine.

One of the flavor chemical is Safety and Health Topics | Flavorings-Related Lung Disease - Diacetyl and 2,3-Pentandione | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Supposedly it can give you "popcorn lung."

Nicotine itself is a crappy stimulant btw and RP says it would be limited because of how much it causes vasoconstriction.
Nicotine also has potent effects on NMDA which can actually cause psychosis in some.

I myself have used e-cigs and always found they irritated the lungs a lot and caused phleghm/mucus in the back of the throat, more than regular cigarettes did.

The only "safe" nicotine might be nicotine patches/gum.

Nicotine also increases Lipolysis and suppresses appetite and that's the reason a lot of people use it - to keep weight down.

No doubt the additives in e-liquid dont help, but even vaping pure nicotine in say glycerin probably isn't great. I'm thinking its no good to be constantly breathing anything (smoke or vape) directly into your lungs except air. Vape is newer so who knows what its really doing to lungs and people are doing it all day long -its gotta have some (negative) effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals