This part is so interesting to me because it somehow aligns with the narrative and approach of Dr. Trevor Marshall [Excluding the VIT D part - of course XD].
So Trevor Marshall basically recommends using angiotensin II receptor blocker [OLMASARTAN] to raise and improve the innate immune system that will then fight of the pathogens in the body. He says that some people need to use it for 5-10 years or more.
In his view pathogens knock down the VDR [Vitamin D Receptor] which therefore allows these bugs to live inside the cells specifically without being attacked by the innate immune system. Poisoning the cells and the body.

Ray Peat said the following:

RP: "I’ve been studying inflammatory systems for a long time and in recent years I've been paying attention to the angiotensin system which used to be thought of as exclusively a matter of blood pressure regulation. And for many years there have been drugs to block angiotensin, reduce its formation, to lower blood pressure. But it happens that angiotensin is one of the things at the very root of the inflammatory process. Inflammation of various types can damage, for example, olfactory nerves [nerves for the sense of smell]. That is a very sensitive part of the nervous system. The Greeks considered the olfactory sense to be upon essential to understanding the essence of things. So the olfactory system fails under many different kinds of stresses, aging or poisoning - but the inflammatory system is one of the basic routes in cell damage. And this virus [COVID-19] attacks as a so-called receptor, causes its damage by binding to the ACE enzyme. ACE2 is one of the enzymes in the angiotensin blood pressure regulating system. But the enzyme that it binds to - ACE2 rather than ACE1 - is the enzyme that destroys angiotensin. The angiotensin is the mediator of inflammation. That will damage your particular type of cells. And ACE2 by destroying angiotensin protects against not only high blood pressure, but all types of inflammation. This is being studied in rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative osteoporosis, dementia, kidney and heart failure, especially lung fibrosis. Pulmonary arterial hypertension is an inflammatory process in the lungs, very highly influenced by angiotensin. So the lung damage caused by the virus is caused because it's knocking out our anti angiotensin virus???. So the logical approach to treating it is to restore that angiotensin enzyme. And all of the common anti inflammatory things, including the angiotensin receptor blockers and vitamin b1, aspirin and I think the t3 part of thyroid, progesterone and the several of the angiotensin receptor blockers all help to increase the production of the ACE2 enzyme that is knocked out by the virus. The virus lowers the availability of it. And these anti-inflammatory things restore the anti-inflammatory things. So even if the virus is there and you could produce more of the protective ACE2 enzyme then you are okay."

Q: Would the methylene blue help?

RP: "It works by keeping your Nitric Oxide down. Nitric oxide is turned on by angiotensin and so it works on at least part of the inflammatory system. And it also helps you maintain mitochondrial energy production and the failure of energy is at the deepest level of the inflammatory degenerative process.
I have heard a couple weeks ago a person in Italy said his friend was very sick in bed sleeping 21 hours a day and groggy and wondered what might help. I mentioned a Chinese research on losartan - an angiotensin receptor blocker - and the next day he said he had got a 50 milligram tablet of it, gave it to his friend and he said his friend was already out of bed, feeling okay. Then several days later he wrote again and said that his friend is exuberantly healthy and feels like he has new lungs. Vitamin D is known for quite a few years as a very reliable antiviral, anti-infective but it also increases at this anti-inflammatory enzyme along with progesterone, aspirin, and the anti serotonin drugs. That was the other best documented Chinese research. They were using an anti serotonin receptor blocker called cinanserin and having good results along with losartan."

Also - he recently said this:

Q: Hello Dr. Peat
What do you think of the "Innate immune system" and it's suppression and activation? Does it even exist and can you actually activate it or suppress it?

I hear a lot of doctors using angiotensin II receptor blockers like losartan and olmesartan just to name a few using it to improve innate immune response.
What is your take on it?

RP: Those do help; also quinine.

Dr. B

This part is so interesting to me because it somehow aligns with the narrative and approach of Dr. Trevor Marshall [Excluding the VIT D part - of course XD].
So Trevor Marshall basically recommends using angiotensin II receptor blocker [OLMASARTAN] to raise and improve the innate immune system that will then fight of the pathogens in the body. He says that some people need to use it for 5-10 years or more.
In his view pathogens knock down the VDR [Vitamin D Receptor] which therefore allows these bugs to live inside the cells specifically without being attacked by the innate immune system. Poisoning the cells and the body.

RP: "I’ve been studying inflammatory systems for a long time and in recent years I've been paying attention to the angiotensin system which used to be thought of as exclusively a matter of blood pressure regulation. And for many years there have been drugs to block angiotensin, reduce its formation, to lower blood pressure. But it happens that angiotensin is one of the things at the very root of the inflammatory process. Inflammation of various types can damage, for example, olfactory nerves [nerves for the sense of smell]. That is a very sensitive part of the nervous system. The Greeks considered the olfactory sense to be upon essential to understanding the essence of things. So the olfactory system fails under many different kinds of stresses, aging or poisoning - but the inflammatory system is one of the basic routes in cell damage. And this virus [COVID-19] attacks as a so-called receptor, causes its damage by binding to the ACE enzyme. ACE2 is one of the enzymes in the angiotensin blood pressure regulating system. But the enzyme that it binds to - ACE2 rather than ACE1 - is the enzyme that destroys angiotensin. The angiotensin is the mediator of inflammation. That will damage your particular type of cells. And ACE2 by destroying angiotensin protects against not only high blood pressure, but all types of inflammation. This is being studied in rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative osteoporosis, dementia, kidney and heart failure, especially lung fibrosis. Pulmonary arterial hypertension is an inflammatory process in the lungs, very highly influenced by angiotensin. So the lung damage caused by the virus is caused because it's knocking out our anti angiotensin virus???. So the logical approach to treating it is to restore that angiotensin enzyme. And all of the common anti inflammatory things, including the angiotensin receptor blockers and vitamin b1, aspirin and I think the t3 part of thyroid, progesterone and the several of the angiotensin receptor blockers all help to increase the production of the ACE2 enzyme that is knocked out by the virus. The virus lowers the availability of it. And these anti-inflammatory things restore the anti-inflammatory things. So even if the virus is there and you could produce more of the protective ACE2 enzyme then you are okay."

RP: "It works by keeping your Nitric Oxide down. Nitric oxide is turned on by angiotensin and so it works on at least part of the inflammatory system. And it also helps you maintain mitochondrial energy production and the failure of energy is at the deepest level of the inflammatory degenerative process.
I have heard a couple weeks ago a person in Italy said his friend was very sick in bed sleeping 21 hours a day and groggy and wondered what might help. I mentioned a Chinese research on losartan - an angiotensin receptor blocker - and the next day he said he had got a 50 milligram tablet of it, gave it to his friend and he said his friend was already out of bed, feeling okay. Then several days later he wrote again and said that his friend is exuberantly healthy and feels like he has new lungs. Vitamin D is known for quite a few years as a very reliable antiviral, anti-infective but it also increases at this anti-inflammatory enzyme along with progesterone, aspirin, and the anti serotonin drugs. That was the other best documented Chinese research. They were using an anti serotonin receptor blocker called cinanserin and having good results along with losartan."

What do you think of the "Innate immune system" and it's suppression and activation? Does it even exist and can you actually activate it or suppress it?

I hear a lot of doctors using angiotensin II receptor blockers like losartan and olmesartan just to name a few using it to improve innate immune response.
What is your take on it?

interesting
i heard milk and pomegranate juice have angiotensin inhibiting compounds. probably not as powerful as the drugs and supplements
apparently thiamine also could be one?

that Ace2 vs Ace1 distinction is important, aren't a lot of pharma drugs ACE2 inhibitors? where did you get these Peat quotes from. he was mentioning angiotensin and its inhibition in one of the recent roddy podcasts iirc.

do you know which supplements or dietary factors would reduce/destroy angiotensin or boost ACE2? i think hes mentioned aspirin increases ACE2?

rockarolla

you can not compare losartan and olmesartan directly, since the later also binds with VDR, while the former does not

Perry Staltic

Pedantic, but it always bugs me when I read Peat talking about angiotensin. It's angiotensin II (Ang II). ACE converts ang I (commonly called angiotensin) to ang II (inflammatory, thrombotic, vasoconstrictive), which ACE2 then converts to Ang (1-7), (anti-inflammatory, anti- thrombotic, vasodilatory).

Dr. B

Pedantic, but it always bugs me when I read Peat talking about angiotensin. It's angiotensin II (Ang II). ACE converts ang I (commonly called angiotensin) to ang II (inflammatory, thrombotic, vasoconstrictive), which ACE2 then converts to Ang (1-7), (anti-inflammatory, anti- thrombotic, vasodilatory).
so angiotensin 1-7 are good, just the II is bad?
how can we increase ACE2 or block angiotensin? looks like thiamine does help do that based on the comments?

Perry Staltic

so angiotensin 1-7 are good, just the II is bad?
how can we increase ACE2 or block angiotensin? looks like thiamine does help do that based on the comments?

They're both good, there just has to be a balance. Too much or too little of either one would be bad

Dennis

Bottom line, we need someone to try olmesartan and report back. ( I won't because no supplement has ever worked for me)

nejdev

What is your take on it?

According to this research: ( Natural Flavonoids as Potential Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 Inhibitors for Anti-SARS-CoV-2 ) natural flavonoids like quercetin and EGCG have potential as ACE1 and ACE2 inhibitors.

Could be these work in the same anti-inflammatory way you are describing here? We can source these naturally and can avoid pharmaceuticals.

I’m a COVID long hauler and currently looking for anything that can help get rid of my symptoms which are largely inflammation based, I think caused by leftover viral debris.

Perry Staltic

According to this research: ( Natural Flavonoids as Potential Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 Inhibitors for Anti-SARS-CoV-2 ) natural flavonoids like quercetin and EGCG have potential as ACE1 and ACE2 inhibitors.

Could be these work in the same anti-inflammatory way you are describing here? We can source these naturally and can avoid pharmaceuticals.

I’m a COVID long hauler and currently looking for anything that can help get rid of my symptoms which are largely inflammation based, I think caused by leftover viral debris.

Have you tried olive leaf extract? @DGrouf on twitter swears by it, but he may think he knows more than what he really does know.

nejdev

He's claimed it's good for both. I can try to find those posts if you can't find them
Yeah that would be awesome! I was just digging through his Twitter, he’s definitely a huge fan and I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot, god knows I’ve tried everything else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals