1. Orange & Red Light Therapy Devices
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

SSRI Drugs Impair Judgment, Wisdom, Understanding, Love And Empathy

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Jun 12, 2017.

1. haidut

haidut Member

I bet this revelation on national news is not what any person expects to hear are the effects of drugs prescribed for every age group starting at age two (2). SSRI, together with PPI are the most commonly prescribed drugs in the USA and probably most other Western countries as well. In addition, drugs like Prozac and Celexa apparently make one "unable to form intent", which is one of the hallmarks of learned helplessness. If these effects are common knowledge, I wonder what is the mysterious tremendous benefit these drugs are supposed to be providing to justify these horrible side effects. If you remove judgment, wisdom,understanding, love, empathy, and intent then what's left - a human or a zombie?!
    Wow, just wow!

Texting suicide trial: Girlfriend 'intoxicated' by antidepressants, doctor says - CNN.com

"...A woman on trial for urging her boyfriend to kill himself was delusional after becoming "involuntarily intoxicated" by antidepressants, a psychiatrist said Monday."

"...Michelle Carter "was unable to form intent" after switching to a new prescription drug only weeks before her boyfriend committed suicide in July 2014, Dr. Peter Breggin testified. She even texted his phone for weeks after he died, Breggin said."

"...Breggin, testifying for the defense, said that Carter had no nefarious intent but genuinely thought she was helping Roy. She had been on Prozac for years before switching to another antidepressant, Celexa, in April 2014 -- three months before Roy's death, Breggin said. Such drugs can impair judgment, wisdom, understanding, love and empathy, he said -- especially in the adolescent brain, which is still developing and is "more susceptible to harm and all intrusions." At the time of Roy's death Carter was 17. Breggin told Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz, who will decide the case, that he reached his conclusions after reviewing Carter's educational records, text messages and police files and interviewed a half-dozen people who knew her. Carter is being tried as a youth because she was a minor when her alleged crime took place. She waived her right to a jury trial, so the judge will render a verdict after testimony concludes. Before age 12, Carter had seemed to be loving, caring and helpful. But as a teen she became "a very troubled youngster," Breggin said. Carter began taking Prozac in 2011, when she was 14, after developing anorexia, Breggin said. She later transitioned to Celexa, which he said can increase suicide risk in people under age 24 along with agitation, panic attacks, grandiosity and not understanding the trouble one is getting into."

2. Constatine

Constatine Member

For what its worth most of the unreasonable people I know are on SSRI's or adderall. Do you think amphetamines can cause similar problems?

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Chronic amphetamine use raises brain serotonin even though initially they are dopaminergic. I see no reason to use amphetamines when access to much safer dopamine enhancers like the adamantane derivatives is available and most of them are cheaper and can be found OTC.

4. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

The Atheism Pill

5. PhilParma

PhilParma Member

Any thoughts on SNRI haidut? I took one of those (effexor) for awhile. It seemed to reduce anxiety, but also made me sleep too much. I stopped taking it because my intuition seemed to instruct me to do so.

6. pimpnamedraypeat

pimpnamedraypeat Member

I think he got a little flowery with the language. But I agree with the premise. Saris cause a lack of emotion

7. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

Truer words...

8. Dhair

Dhair Member

This information is so important.
    I know after years of daily SSRIs being forced on my since I was a child, I will likely never become the person I could have been.
    People need to be held accountable for poisoning countless thousands of children with this garbage.

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Me or the doctor? Because it was a quote from the article, so I am not exaggerating.

10. lampofred

lampofred Member

SSRIs terrify me, I don't know why... it's strange because I'm not scared of drugs in general at all.

11. tara

tara Member

Breggin was onto the dangerous 'side-effects' of Prozac and other psychiatric drugs from decades ago.

12. Constatine

Constatine Member

Lol

13. waldenpond

waldenpond Member

They relieve anxiety and/or depression in lots of people, and sometimes that justifies the side effects. Do you really not believe that?

14. Constatine

Constatine Member

There are better ways of doing so that don't have a risk of insanity or worse.

15. Catcream

Catcream Member

Terrifying things. They must have a huge impact on how we relate to one another in intimate relationship and societally, along with the physiological harm they cause. Another example of really lazy doctoring. there's enough evidence out there now that they are dangerous and yet the prescription rates continue to rise and are given to younger and younger people.

16. jaa

jaa Member

Makes those who need it less delusional

17. Drareg

Drareg Member

Atheism is the biggest delusion out there,the high priest is Richard Dawkins and high priestess is gyno man Daniel Dennett.
    The underlying biology of these 2 influence their perceptions,Dawkins is clearly homosexual and suppressing this through intellectualism,he would perceive more coherently if he was open about his sexuality instead of perpetuating one of the greatest frauds in history-Neo Darwinism as vent for suppressed sexuality and rage against Christian attitudes to homosexuality.

SSRI's are lethal because initially a little hope is given to some when allopregnenolone increases,this is the initial hook.

18. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, if they leave you in zombified state unable to feel anything, this is rather akin to lobotomy or even general anesthesia. So it is hard to argue that this is a good way of relieving anxiety and depression, let alone therapeutic in the long run. Not very dissimilar to the opioids that so many people abuse these days, probably for the same reason - short term numbing of the pain and negative feelings at the expense of your health and eventually life.

19. jaa

jaa Member

Lots of words and personal attacks based on amusing assumptions without actually critiquing atheism. Reading posts like this offers a fascinating view to a nightmarish hellscape.

20. Sunny Jack

Sunny Jack Member

To be honest, you only have to watch a 1980s documentary to see that Dawkins is gay. Those shorts, though!

As to SSRIs, in my experience all they did was cause me to lose hair and make me a crybaby little serotonic b****. .