OP
UG Krishnamurti
Based on another study (below), which showed quinine synergism with methylene blue (MB), doses of 1mg-5mg MB and 150mg-200mg quinine daily should be enough.
Wow. Just today I've bought tonic water to use with my MB :)
As far as Tonic water - regulations were changed in the late 20th century to limit quinine contents in commercial products. When the British were conquering tropical nations (full of malaria) in the 19th century the tonic water they used had 300mg-500mg quinine per 1 L ( ~1 quart) of liquid. That concentrations has now been lowered by law in most countries to <100mg per 1L. So, you'd have to drink quite a bit of tonic water to get even 200mg.
Pure quality info.
Amazon has several products from cinchona bark and they should have decent amount of quinine in them but hard to tell how much exactly without a certificate of analysis.
If someone is from Eastern Europe/Balkans I found a good product on iHerb:

EDIT: It's a pretty low dose though: 443 micrograms :(

The tinnitus risk from quinine usage is about the same as aspirin's, so the same guidelines/doses apply.

@mogwog @UG Krishnamurti
Yeah I get tinnitus increasing from only 800 mcg of MB.
I don't even think about doing aspirin again because my tinnitus goes to 10/10.
Why would all these "beneficial" substances cause tinnitus. Is it the microcirculation problem, intestine problem, blood thinning effect or something else? :S

Last edited:

rockarolla

hypometabolism = immune system exhaustion, sometimes coupled with endotoxin tolerance upon continuous stimulation

rockarolla

The long covid problem is many cases is chronic immune activation against already persistent pathogens(viruses, etc), so covid here acts as a trigger

Inflammation(including covid induced one) depletes vitamin D so essentially this leads to less buffering between endotoxin and its target receptors meaning even more inflammation and more rapid D depletion creating a hard to break through circle.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
The long covid problem is many cases is chronic immune activation against already persistent pathogens(viruses, etc), so covid here acts as a trigger

Inflammation(including covid induced one) depletes vitamin D so essentially this leads to less buffering between endotoxin and its target receptors meaning even more inflammation and more rapid D depletion creating a hard to break through circle.
Interesting perspective. Do you have any papers to back it up?

In what way does Covid deplete VIT D?
I've known only of Trevor Marshall and few others who claimed that the body is downregulating VIT D in order to function optimally since it's a hormone and not a vitamin. Do you think supplementing it will bring it back up and does this have any downsides?

I've done D3 [topically and orally] and I had all of my current symptoms get worse and my childhood ones reappear.
Do you think that's because VIT D is immunostimulant or immunosuppressive or through some other mechanism?

Dr. B

Interesting perspective. Do you have any papers to back it up?

I've known only of Trevor Marshall and few others who claimed that the body is downregulating VIT D in order to function optimally since it's a hormone and not a vitamin. Do you think supplementing it will bring it back up and does this have any downsides?

I've done D3 [topically and orally] and I had all of my current symptoms get worse and my childhood ones reappear.
Do you think that's because VIT D is immunostimulant or immunosuppressive or through some other mechanism?
its supposed to be immunomodulatory

rockarolla

Covid is a TLR4 stimulator so via the same pathway endotoxin does: TLR4 binding increases overall VDR expression leading to accelerated spending of D25.

I've known only of Trevor Marshall and few others who claimed that the body is downregulating VIT D in order to function optimally since it's a hormone and not a vitamin.

All vitamins drop due to inflammation, not just D; for ex, unless supplemented, vit C will always be low too, sometimes even vit A got depleted out of the liver(and thus blood).

Do you think supplemeting it will bring it back up and that this have any downsides?

This will temporary restore its levels, but unless on becomes healthy they will surely drop down again.

Do you think that's because VIT D is immunostimulant or immunosuppressive or trough some other mechanism?

Thats because you are relatively young and your VDR receptors overall _expression_ is not that much downregulated via chronic viral load we all carry such as EBV + CMV - as we age the load increases and vit D becomes purely anti inflammatory; in other words your symptoms increase mean your VDR pathways are still [partly] working(good news), so vit D could be helpful in your case IMHO(otherwise olmesartan as a direct VDR agonist will work), just watch for typical symptoms of hypo(low temp, weight gain) - if they increase you should up your calories too(macrophages are running on glucose), or immune system will stuck in downregulated state, suppressed by stress hormones.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
All vitamins drop due to inflammation, not just D; for ex, unless supplemented, vit C will always be low too, sometimes even vit A got depleted out of the liver(and thus blood).

VIT D is a hormone not a vitamin. Different rules apply there.
Thats because you are relatively young and your VDR receptors overall _expression_ is not that much downregulated via chronic viral load we all carry such as EBV + CMV - as we age the load increases and vit D becomes purely anti inflammatory; in other words your symptoms increase mean your VDR pathways are still [partly] working(good news), so vit D could be helpful in your case IMHO(otherwise olmesartan as a direct VDR agonist will work), just watch for typical symptoms of hypo(low temp, weight gain) - if they increase you should up your calories too(macrophages are running on glucose), or immune system will stuck in downregulated state, suppressed by stress hormones.

I'm going to have to disagree.
Using D3 will push hormone D in a certain pathway - which is not always desirable. My symptoms were similar to hypercalcemia and mast cell activation. And it last till this day. 2 months after supplementation.
The feeling of tingling/itchy skin and felling of being allergic to your own sweat came immediately after supplementation. Balanitis, dermatitis, eczema, peeling skin, dry and itchy hardened scalp, skin pigmentation. The scalp was coated in white & hard dermatitis-like material. Like cement.
Not to mention bloody stool etc.

No one can convince me that these were some immunomodulating effect of VIT D3.
If someone said to me "show me the poison" - I would show them the VIT D3.

rockarolla

Using D3 will push hormone D in a certain pathway - which is not always desirable. My symptoms were similar to hypercalcemia and mast cell activation. And it last till this day. 2 months after supplementation.
The feeling of tingling/itchy skin and felling of being allergic to your own sweat came immediately after supplementation. Balanitis, dermatitis, eczema, peeling skin, dry and itchy hardened scalp, skin pigmentation. The scalp was coated in white & hard dermatitis-like material. Like cement.

i wonder how you'll react to olmesartan; if my theory of D3 as immunostimulator (in your case) is correct you'll more or less get the same symptoms out of it

vit D brings extra symptoms only to sick ones - for healthy its a total placebo(similar to vit A which brings symptoms too, since they appear to work in tandem in some cases)

Dr. B

which product/dosage were you using? do you have any pre existing issues
ive had autoimmune type responses to things like ashwagandha, iodine, high dose vitamin k2 mk4, but never anything from 10k IU d3

OP
UG Krishnamurti
which product/dosage were you using? do you have any pre existing issues
ive had autoimmune type responses to things like ashwagandha, iodine, high dose vitamin k2 mk4, but never anything from 10k IU d3
I've been using the product recommended to me directly by Dr. Peat
"NOW" in olive oil.

Used it orally [30 000IU] and topically [100 000IU - Considering the 10% absorption rule = 10 000 IU].

It just felt like an increased blood calcium levels and than the calcium was excreted from the skin. The calcium that couldn't be excreted from the skin would get inside the cell - causing it's death or poison it in some other way.
That's why I probably get all of these skin inflammation and histamine reactions.
I still do because It's probably stored in the fat tissues.

Dr. B

I've been using the product recommended to me directly by Dr. Peat
"NOW" in olive oil.

Used it orally [30 000IU] and topically [100 000IU - Considering the 10% absorption rule = 10 000 IU].

It just felt like an increased blood calcium levels and than the calcium was excreted from the skin. The calcium that couldn't be excreted from the skin would get inside the cell - causing it's death or poison it in some other way.
That's why I probably get all of these skin inflammation and histamine reactions.
I still do because It's probably stored in the fat tissues.
thats a megadose, why did you use 30k orally? did you try 5k or 10k orally?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
thats a megadose, why did you use 30k orally? did you try 5k or 10k orally?
Because of this:
RP: I've never known a person or even a study of the 25 hydroxy D causing harm. Like five million units continued for a period of time probably can be harmful.
People with rheumatoid arthritis when they feel a slight benefit from 5,000 or 10,000 units a day some of them have gone up to 20,000 or more units per day and not only get complete relief but tends not to have a recurrence. So the big doses are pretty consistently therapeutic and once you get the inflammation under control then you don't need to keep such high doses.

rockarolla

calcium response is through VDR overstimulation - if you still want to activate VDR(what else is D25 is useful for) you'll probably have better luck with olmesartan as it does not raise calcium like calcitriol

OP
UG Krishnamurti
calcium response is through VDR overstimulation - if you still want to activate VDR(what else is D25 is useful for) you'll probably have better luck with olmesartan as it does not raise calcium like calcitriol
T. Marshall recommends to use around 4 daily. Considering the price of it - and the length of treatment I don't feel financially flexible enough.

Dr. B

Because of this:
RP: I've never known a person or even a study of the 25 hydroxy D causing harm. Like five million units continued for a period of time probably can be harmful.
People with rheumatoid arthritis when they feel a slight benefit from 5,000 or 10,000 units a day some of them have gone up to 20,000 or more units per day and not only get complete relief but tends not to have a recurrence. So the big doses are pretty consistently therapeutic and once you get the inflammation under control then you don't need to keep such high doses.
you emailed Peat and he said this? interesting info

rockarolla

T. Marshall recommends to use around 4 daily. Considering the price of it - and the length of treatment I don't feel financially flexible enough.

yeah it seems 4 is required for an additional ACE blockade(to prevent runaway inflammation response); actually india sells olmesartan really cheap and ordering from them works that's how i've got those ivermectin tablets ;)

OP
UG Krishnamurti
yeah it seems 4 is required for an additional ACE blockade(to prevent runaway inflammation response); actually india sells olmesartan really cheap and ordering from them works that's how i've got those ivermectin tablets ;)
If you could share a pharmacy where you place your orders and the price is cheap I could try it.

rockarolla

If you could share a pharmacy where you place your orders and the price is cheap I could try it.

ivermectin i've bought from this guys:

they sell olmesartan too..

actually plenty of online shops exists, this is just an example, probably you'll be able to find even cheaper source

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals