Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas) causes acne?

cureme

I have pimples on my arms and back, resulting from a B12 supplement.
Recently I've noticed that the weeks I eat sweet potatoes frequently, my acne gets worse and when I stop eating them they start to dry out. I basically eat sweet potatoes every day for breakfast, as I have dietary restrictions.
Would this indicate a lack of some nutrient or vitamin or just a finding that sweet potatoes are toxic for me?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sweet potatoes are highly toxic due to the "vitamin A" in them. Your body is trying to purge out the poison and since it cannot get out through the bile it is oozing out the skin.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
cureme

cureme

Sweet potatoes are highly toxic due to the "vitamin A" in them. Your body is trying to purge out the poison and since it cannot get out through the bile it is oozing out the skin.

Firstly thanks for the reply. This question is really important to me

I've read this discussion about vitamin A here, but I don't understand it. Could you explain me?
I often eat beetroot leaves (Beta vulgaris L) whose stalks are very rich in carotenoids (pro vitamin A). The effect of beetroot leaves is very different from sweet potatoes, beetroot leaves dry up all acne quickly.
Which makes me think that the problem isn't exactly vitamin A (carotenoid) but anything else that is missing or present in sweet potatoes, since they both have vitamin A/carotenoids. What makes sweet potatoes cause pimples and beetroot leaves cure them, both having good amounts of vitamin A?

*I ask permission to ask obvious questions, as I am extremely new to the subject. I'm just a researcher on the forum and a guinea pig for my experiments.

The implication of Vit A in any form indicated in acne wouldn't make sense as it's responsible for regulating sebum production and it exhibits antioxidant effects in the epidermis by suppressing the formation of acne causing bacteria.

I mean, it could be a solanine intolerance if it's related to potatoes. Never heard of solanine causing acne though. It's effect could be indirect though e.g inflammation of the gut

If you say that you don't get the same thing from other A foods, then i would look into solanine intolerance. You could also try taking the sweet potatoes with thiamine to seem if its malabsorption of the sugars. Do you have them with any fat? If so, you can also try riboflavin with them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals