Sticky Bowel Movements

lamassu

Hey all. Any suggestions for improving stool consistency? Lately things have been soft and sticky - not well formed. It seems to coincide with low energy. Possibly due to widely varying diet lately. Any suggestions?

OP
L

lamassu

Things that have helped in the past include antibiotics, activated charcoal

xeliex

Forum Supporter
This is the opposite of ghost wipes. There are few threads discussing ghost wipes. The unformed aspect of the stools could also qualify for IBS like stools. From my personal experience with the topic, I can give the following key-points.

1) gut irritating foods (a personal matter) will cause stickier and harder to clean stool.
2) IBS and incomplete defecation will feel harder to clean
3) slow gut motility, often caused but a decreased metabolism which could be thyroid related can cause that.

What can be trialed:

1) write the foods that you are eating and try to link them with the stool quality
2) try carrot salad, charcoal, basic short-term natural or pharmaceutical antibiotic, etc..
3) address your thyroid if needed - in case it feels like motility is an issue

Best of luck.

PS: I don't claim that I do not get these anymore, I do. When my diet is more on point, the quality of the stools improve.
My personal funky-stool triggers seem to be bread and certain vegetables. But I also take thyroid once in a while and it helps when things are not humming along.

DrJ

Things that have helped in the past include antibiotics, activated charcoal
Sounds like sticky bile. Typically requires more phosphatidylcholine. Or maybe you are dehydrated.

OP
L

lamassu

This is the opposite of ghost wipes. There are few threads discussing ghost wipes. The unformed aspect of the stools could also qualify for IBS like stools. From my personal experience with the topic, I can give the following key-points.

1) gut irritating foods (a personal matter) will cause stickier and harder to clean stool.
2) IBS and incomplete defecation will feel harder to clean
3) slow gut motility, often caused but a decreased metabolism which could be thyroid related can cause that.

What can be trialed:

1) write the foods that you are eating and try to link them with the stool quality
2) try carrot salad, charcoal, basic short-term natural or pharmaceutical antibiotic, etc..
3) address your thyroid if needed - in case it feels like motility is an issue

Best of luck.

PS: I don't claim that I do not get these anymore, I do. When my diet is more on point, the quality of the stools improve.
My personal funky-stool triggers seem to be bread and certain vegetables. But I also take thyroid once in a while and it helps when things are not humming along.
Thank you for the response. I will keep these things in mind for making changes

OP
L

lamassu

Sounds like sticky bile. Typically requires more phosphatidylcholine. Or maybe you are dehydrated.
Thank you. Thats interesting. I do consume 3-4 eggs daily. Plus often chocolate, so I would have thought I was OK for choline but perhaps not. I don't think I'm dehydrated. I've recently been drinking more mineral water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals