Sources Of Endotoxin

pboy

im thinking because cows are fementing many pounds of plant material all day, so they produce a ton of these short chain saturated fatty acids, they are probably not bound in triglyceride so they perhaps flood the bloodstream and leak into the milk, or maybe its done on purpose for the calf...not sure. Short chain fatty acids seem to be able to cross most membranes without any restriction, for ex the medium chain in coconut oil gets right into the blood and oxidized, needs no carrier to enter the cell or mitochondria, the only rate limiting step is the hydrolysis of the initial triglyceride its bound in. Acetic acid acts the same way, which is actually the shortest chain fatty acid (C:2). I guess the amount of butyrate a human might produce, even with a high fiber diet, isn't even close to that of a cow, and therefore probably gets oxidized not long after being in the blood stream and doesn't get into the milk. I dont know for sure though

chelle86

Thanks so much for all of the help with this .... I never thought about the cocoa maybe being a problem (it just made it a more yummy drink to relax before bed!) ... I'l also try to keep the milk 'cocktail' beside my bed to see if that helps too -- good idea!
I've always been very sensitive to caffeine (except for tea - no problem there), so I'm thrilled to know about niacinamide to possibly help combat that as well.
It's always nice to know you're not 'crazy' and others have gone before you and even figured some things out! Lots more to learn, but loving all the new info.

Amazoniac

Members that installed carpets at home to assist locomotion by gliding over colonies of microbes
Surprisingly there's a lot of information on this, just google (scholar): endotoxin house dust, or endotoxin carpet tile, or endotoxin indoor, etc.
Here's an example, an unexpected one because they found that carpets collect (and trap) most of the dirt, so it doesn't circulate as freely as compared with tiled floor. Obviously that it's more difficult to clean, but as long as it's constantly and well cleaned, it should be fine. It's not often mentioned as a significant factor that increases endotoxin exposure, contrary to pets, for example.
Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology - Comparison of biocontaminant levels associated with hard vs. carpet floors in nonproblem schools: Results of a year long study

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals