Endotoxin (from Low-grade Infection) As A Cause Of Crohn's, UC, And Other IBD

Quality

Thanks. So, basically drinking more milk?

Colostrum is packed with lactoferrin AFAIK, but also contains other growth peptides and trace amount of even hormones (it contains IGF-1 in small amounts and it is forbidden to use in professional sports due to doping laws), considering it is basically the first batch of breastmilk after birth you can see how interesting it would be for science just by fully looking into its contents and the ratio between the amounts.
In other words, colostrum is critical for optimal health after birth and there for crucial to life itself.

Bovine lactoferrin and Crohn's disease: a case study.
Bovine lactoferrin and Crohn's disease: a case study. - PubMed - NCBI

Concentration of lactoferrin and transferrin throughout lactation in cow's colostrum and milk.
Concentration of lactoferrin and transferrin throughout lactation in cow's colostrum and milk. - PubMed - NCBI

"The evolution of the concentration of lactoferrin and transferrin was studied in cow's colostrum and milk throughout lactation. The highest concentrations of both proteins were found in the first milking (0.83 mg/ml for lactoferrin and 1.07 mg/ml for transferrin), decreasing sharply during the first days of lactation (colostral period). Thereafter, the concentrations of these proteins decreased slowly, reaching their definitive values during the third week post-partum (0.09 mg/ml for lactoferrin and 0.02 mg/ml for transferrin). The ratio transferrin/albumin in colostrum (first milking), mature milk, milk from mastitic cows and serum was determined, and found to be four times greater in colostrum than in mature or mastitic milk, suggesting a specific transport of transferrin from blood to milk."

Whey Protein Components - Lactalbumin and Lactoferrin - Improve Energy Balance and Metabolism
Whey Protein Components - Lactalbumin and Lactoferrin - Improve Energy Balance and Metabolism

"Notably, lactoferrin produced sustained weight and fat loss, and attenuated the reduction in energy expenditure associated with calorie restriction. Lactalbumin and lactoferrin decreased plasma leptin and insulin, and lactalbumin increased peptide YY. Whey, lactalbumin and lactoferrin improved glucose clearance partly through differential upregulation of glucoregulatory transcripts in the liver and skeletal muscle. Interestingly, lactalbumin and lactoferrin decreased hepatic lipidosis partly through downregulation of lipogenic and/or upregulation of β-oxidation transcripts, and differentially modulated cecal bacterial populations."

Effects of colostrum serum on the serotonergic system in the dorsal raphe nuclei of exercised rats.
Effects of colostrum serum on the serotonergic system in the dorsal raphe nuclei of exercised rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"The time to exhaustion in response to treadmill running increased after treatment with colostrum serum. These results show that exhaustive exercise led to over activation of the serotonergic system in the dorsal raphe nuclei, and that treatment with colostrum serum suppressed of the exercise-induced expression of tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) and serotonin (5-HT). The results also indicated that exhaustive exercise induced 5-HT1A autoreceptor and serotonin transporter (5-HTT) overexpression in the dorsal raphe nuclei, and that colostrum serum treatment suppressed exhaustive exercise-induced 5-HT1A and 5-HTT expression in the dorsal raphe nuclei. The most effective dose of colostrum serum was 100 mg/kg"

"Overall, our study suggests that colostrum serum has positive effects on exercise performance and recovery by increasing the resistance to fatigue."

Now what I dont get from this last study is that it says it increases resistance to fatigue (strongly suggest a lowering of serotonin in the brain), however they also measure the 5ht1a receptor, 5htt (serotonin transporter?) and TPH level in the DRN (note that when the 5ht1a autoreceptor in the DRN is normally activated this lowers whole brain serotonin, due it to be being an inhibitory receptor).
Oddly enough the net effect of all of this clearly seems increasing time to exhaustion suggesting an effect of lowering serotonin in the brain (just like how BCAA lowers serotonin in the brain and through that mechanism has an anti fatigue effect).

Merry X-Mas to all

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Another good reason to do ozone therapy. Go to Promolife and check out the home units. Ozone therapy also raises Nrf2, glutathione, etc. One of the best ways to control microbes without antibiotics.

dannibo

Not sure how many people on the forum know that Chron's disease, which is a type of an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), has recently been reclassified in some countries as infectious of origin and not as an autoimmune disease. The causative pathogen of Chron's is thought to be a type of Mycobacterium
Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis - Wikipedia

The change in disease type designation has only occurred in some European and Asian countries, but the FDA is also considering adding the above bacteria as a "possible cause" to its official guidelines on Chron's. Anyways, the more important implication is that the studies which identified this bacteria as a possible cause of IBD hinted that it was not the bacteria per se which caused the damage to the colon wall but a byproduct associated with the bacteria. To my knowledge, none of the studies pointed the finger directly at endotoxin (LPS) but there aren't that many other byproducts of bacterial metabolism that can be the culprit.
This new study points the finger directly at endotoxin (LPS) and its activity through the TLR4 receptor as a causative factor in IBD. The more important finding is that this inflammatory damage occurs as a result of recurring infections that have been resolved completely. Thus, treating the infections with antibiotics would likely not have much benefit. However, the study found that it was the endotoxin-driven decrease in intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) which was the direct cause of intestinal damage and that raising the levels of IAP was highly therapeutic. Injections with IAP are not very practical and to my knowledge are not approved anywhere as treatment. However, one of the most potent inducers of IAP is progesterone, which Peat has actually recommended in the past to a few people with IBD. In combination with charcoal, fiber or other dietary measures that reduce endotoxin load in the colon and the blood, progesterone could be a much safer option for treating IBD than the current immunosuppressive therapies, which have a very high risk of causing cancer or a deadly infection such as PML (Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy - Wikipedia).

Recurrent infection progressively disables host protection against intestinal inflammation
"...Pathogenic infection has been implicated in the chronic inflammation seen in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs) such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Yang et al. show that recurrent, low-level, and fully resolving Salmonella enterica Typhimurium (ST) infections can precipitate severe colonic inflammation in mice. ST-induced TLR4 activation resulted in increased neuraminidase 3 (Neu3) production and activity in the duodenum. This led to intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) desialylation and degradation. IAP deficiency caused a marked increase in commensal bacteria-generated lipopolysaccharide-phosphate in the colon, provoking inflammation. Treatment with calf IAP or the antiviral drug zanamivir (which inhibits Neu3 activity) prevented this inflammatory cascade. This pathway may serve as an effective target for future human IBD therapies."
Extremely helpful info. Thank you.

Tzheng2012

Another good reason to do ozone therapy. Go to Promolife and check out the home units. Ozone therapy also raises Nrf2, glutathione, etc. One of the best ways to control microbes without antibiotics.
I actually have a water ozonator, but i stoppped using it because i was afraid too much oxygen would cause oxidation of healthy cells. I used be on that oxygen train, but isnt one of the main reasons to avoid PUFA because theyre so oxidizing? And how peaters are all about increasing co2 not oxygen got me kind of wary about all the oxygen claims.

Tzheng2012

Here are more details on what raises and decreases IAP:
Intestinal alkaline phosphatase: multiple biological roles in maintenance of intestinal homeostasis and modulation by diet. - PubMed - NCBI
A fat-free diet was found to have a depressive effect
on IAP activity while fat intake stimulated IAP expression.

Long-chain saturated triglycerides and medium-chain triglycerides increased IAP expression and/or activity,while unsaturated FAs reduced it.
Trans FAs decreased the AP activity of intestinal brush border membranes when the amount of linoleic acid in the diet was low, whereas no effect was observed with higher amounts of dietary linoleic acid.
Although the mechanisms linking fat absorption and IAP are beginning to be understood, nutritional studies suggest that the types of FAs and the composition of fat mixtures modulate IAP activity differentially.
The amino acids L-cysteine and L-phenylalanine are known to be potent (I)AP inhibitors.
IAP activity was low in rats fed a protein-free diet, and legume proteins from soybean (Glycine max) or common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) reduced it when they were substituted for casein in the diets of rats and milk-formula-fed calves.
Therefore, luminal deprivation or deficiency in amino acids decreases IAP, possibly via reduced intestinal epithelial growth.
In contrast, the stimulation of IAP activity by fermented milk (yogurt) and the probiotic
Lactobacillus casei suggests a direct effect of bacterial components or metabolites on the intestinal epithelium.
Most simple or complex carbohydrates, including lactose, starch, cereals, and cellulose, stimulate IAP activity in the small intestine while guar gum, which is a soluble and fermentable fiber, decreases it.
All fiber sources enhanced IAP activity in the colon, leading to the suggestion that both fermentability of and mechanical stimulation by fiber stimulate colonic epithelial proliferation and IAP activity.

Err so if im reading this right, yoghurt, probiotics, and starch (which RP advocates to avoid) can stimulate IAP which reduces endotoxin?

I would also like to point out that inulin, or chicory root, is a soluble fermentable fiber (fructose oligosaccharide) that they put into a lot of probiotic and laxative supplements.
So inulin is a no go because its like guar gum?

alywest

So inulin is a no go because its like guar gum?

Well, it's a highly fermentable fiber so a lot of the literature on fiber make it sound like it's good for you because it increases bifidobacterium which supposedly balance out the endotoxins, however, there are a lot of those fibers that are marketed as good for you when Peat would clearly disagree. I know that when I took a laxative containing chicory root derived inulin I felt awful for days. Perhaps some people are able to assimilate it better, but I would say based on the study reviewed at the start of this thread that a fructose-oligosaccharide (which chicory root inulin is) would be a deterrent to IAP and therefore not good for people with IBS.

Tzheng2012

Well, it's a highly fermentable fiber so a lot of the literature on fiber make it sound like it's good for you because it increases bifidobacterium which supposedly balance out the endotoxins, however, there are a lot of those fibers that are marketed as good for you when Peat would clearly disagree. I know that when I took a laxative containing chicory root derived inulin I felt awful for days. Perhaps some people are able to assimilate it better, but I would say based on the study reviewed at the start of this thread that a fructose-oligosaccharide (which chicory root inulin is) would be a deterrent to IAP and therefore not good for people with IBS.
Got it, thanks.

I get really bad gas about 8 hours after eating something and it gets trapped until it builds up to the point where it pushes itself out or i have a BM and its really hard for me to pinpoint whats causing it. I think it has something to do with fiber so i try ti reduce my intake of vegetables with a lot of cellulose but even then i still get the gas and pain.

Have you found any fibers that work for you? Sometimes i can eat fibery greens without problems even when most of the time i do get problems so i dont have a handle yet on what triggers this bloating and gas but ive had it for a long time now.

Dave Clark

Maybe the prebiotic xylooligosaccharides would work better for you. Life Extension just released their version called Florassist Prebiotic. Supposed to greatly increase bifido bacteria in only two weeks. One of the benefits is that only a low dose is needed, therefore it tends to not cause gastro complaints. Worth a look.

alywest

Got it, thanks.

I get really bad gas about 8 hours after eating something and it gets trapped until it builds up to the point where it pushes itself out or i have a BM and its really hard for me to pinpoint whats causing it. I think it has something to do with fiber so i try ti reduce my intake of vegetables with a lot of cellulose but even then i still get the gas and pain.

Have you found any fibers that work for you? Sometimes i can eat fibery greens without problems even when most of the time i do get problems so i dont have a handle yet on what triggers this bloating and gas but ive had it for a long time now.

So my understanding thus far is that butyrate is either obtained from dairy products, especially butter. The fatty form of butyrate is the result of the ruminants eating grass or other fiber and digesting it for us. Most health professionals will of course say to eat a lot of greens to feed your gut the fibers required to make butyrate within the human gut. The problem is that usually along with the butyrate you're also producing lactate and other stuff that causes intestinal discomfort. It all seems to depend somewhat on the current state of your gut microbiota and the balance. If you're gut is not at it's best it seems that dairy would be the best way to obtain butyrate which is what keeps the intestinal wall from becoming leaky. Also, certain fibers scratch and irritate the intestine creating serotonin:

"Bacterial endotoxin increases serotonin release from the intestine, and increases its synthesis in the brain (Nolan, et al., 2000) and liver (Endo, 1983). It also stimulates its release from platelets, and reduces the lungs’ ability to destroy it. The formation of serotonin in the intestine is also stimulated by the lactate, propionate and butyrate that are formed by bacteria fermenting fiber and starch, but these bacteria also produce endotoxin. The inflammation-producing effects of lactate, serotonin, and endotoxin are overlapping, additive, and sometimes synergistic, along with histamine, nitric oxide, bradykinin, and the cytokines."

"Some fibers, such as raw carrots, that are effective for lowering endotoxin absorption also contain natural antibiotics, so regular use of carrots should be balanced by occasional supplementation with vitamin K, or by occasionally eating liver or broccoli.”

So if you're having any digestive issues, I would be really careful about too much of any fiber that could produce irritation. Well cooked greens if you're going to eat them, raw carrots are ok (apparently they are "soluble fiber"), and then fruit excluding bananas and pineapple (serotonin producing) and a lot of fruit should be cooked down. I would start with that and then add in other fibers one at a time to see what specifically is irritating you. I would think that if you're under any stress you would probably be more sensitive to various fibers.

Additionally, there is no actual evidence that bifidobacteria is beneficial. That is something that many scientists say because people who have better digestive health typically have a higher ratio of bifidobacteria to other types of bacteria. However, according to the study originally posted in this thread fructo-oligosaccharides are not beneficial in promoting IAP which was found to be necessary in healing Crohn's and IBS. According to the website

Fiber

"Inulins and oligofructose, extracted from chicory root or synthesized from sucrose, are used as food additives (8). Isolated inulin is added to replace fat in products like salad dressing, while sweet-tasting oligofructose is added to products like fruit yogurts and desserts. Inulins and oligofructose are highly fermentable fibers that are also classified as prebiotics because of their ability to stimulate the growth of potentially beneficial Bifidobacteria species in the human colon (152)"
(My emphasis, to point out that there is no evidence of this, it's an assumption)

Additionally:

Studies have provided evidence that inulin and oligofructose (OF), lactulose, and resistant starch (RS) meet all aspects of the definition, including the stimulation of Bifidobacterium, a beneficial bacterial genus. Other isolated carbohydrates and carbohydrate-containing foods, including galactooligosaccharides (GOS), transgalactooligosaccharides (TOS), polydextrose, wheat dextrin, acacia gum, psyllium, banana, whole grain wheat, and whole grain corn also have prebiotic effects.

Although all prebiotics are fiber, not all fiber is prebiotic. Classification of a food ingredient as a prebiotic requires scientific demonstration that the ingredient [2]:

• Resists gastric acidity, hydrolysis by mammalian enzymes, and absorption in the upper gastrointestinal tract;
  • Is fermented by the intestinal microflora;
  • Selectively stimulates the growth and/or activity of intestinal bacteria potentially associated with health and well-being.
Analysis of well-preserved coprolites suggest that dietary intake of inulin was about 135 g/day for the typical adult male hunter-forager. Prebiotics occur naturally in foods such as leeks, asparagus, chicory, Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, onions, wheat, oats, and soybeans [6].
( Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits )

So the assumption is that Bifidobacterium are good because they are seen in larger quantities in healthy specimen. However, somehow all of these "prebiotic" foods are major no-no's according to Ray Peat. Coincidence? I think it's interesting that they are also implicated in the original study posted here saying they reduce the production of IAP. So I would say that these highly fermentable fibers which produce butyrate (good) also unfortunately produce many bad metabolites as a side effect and they are not necessarily beneficial. I think the fibers that RP deems safe are the ones which pass through the intestine as quickly as possible, and I think that cooking them thoroughly is partially what makes them that way.

Tzheng2012

So my understanding thus far is that butyrate is either obtained from dairy products, especially butter. The fatty form of butyrate is the result of the ruminants eating grass or other fiber and digesting it for us. Most health professionals will of course say to eat a lot of greens to feed your gut the fibers required to make butyrate within the human gut. The problem is that usually along with the butyrate you're also producing lactate and other stuff that causes intestinal discomfort. It all seems to depend somewhat on the current state of your gut microbiota and the balance. If you're gut is not at it's best it seems that dairy would be the best way to obtain butyrate which is what keeps the intestinal wall from becoming leaky. Also, certain fibers scratch and irritate the intestine creating serotonin:

"Bacterial endotoxin increases serotonin release from the intestine, and increases its synthesis in the brain (Nolan, et al., 2000) and liver (Endo, 1983). It also stimulates its release from platelets, and reduces the lungs’ ability to destroy it. The formation of serotonin in the intestine is also stimulated by the lactate, propionate and butyrate that are formed by bacteria fermenting fiber and starch, but these bacteria also produce endotoxin. The inflammation-producing effects of lactate, serotonin, and endotoxin are overlapping, additive, and sometimes synergistic, along with histamine, nitric oxide, bradykinin, and the cytokines."

"Some fibers, such as raw carrots, that are effective for lowering endotoxin absorption also contain natural antibiotics, so regular use of carrots should be balanced by occasional supplementation with vitamin K, or by occasionally eating liver or broccoli.”

So if you're having any digestive issues, I would be really careful about too much of any fiber that could produce irritation. Well cooked greens if you're going to eat them, raw carrots are ok (apparently they are "soluble fiber"), and then fruit excluding bananas and pineapple (serotonin producing) and a lot of fruit should be cooked down. I would start with that and then add in other fibers one at a time to see what specifically is irritating you. I would think that if you're under any stress you would probably be more sensitive to various fibers.

Additionally, there is no actual evidence that bifidobacteria is beneficial. That is something that many scientists say because people who have better digestive health typically have a higher ratio of bifidobacteria to other types of bacteria. However, according to the study originally posted in this thread fructo-oligosaccharides are not beneficial in promoting IAP which was found to be necessary in healing Crohn's and IBS. According to the website

Fiber

"Inulins and oligofructose, extracted from chicory root or synthesized from sucrose, are used as food additives (8). Isolated inulin is added to replace fat in products like salad dressing, while sweet-tasting oligofructose is added to products like fruit yogurts and desserts. Inulins and oligofructose are highly fermentable fibers that are also classified as prebiotics because of their ability to stimulate the growth of potentially beneficial Bifidobacteria species in the human colon (152)"
(My emphasis, to point out that there is no evidence of this, it's an assumption)

Additionally:

Studies have provided evidence that inulin and oligofructose (OF), lactulose, and resistant starch (RS) meet all aspects of the definition, including the stimulation of Bifidobacterium, a beneficial bacterial genus. Other isolated carbohydrates and carbohydrate-containing foods, including galactooligosaccharides (GOS), transgalactooligosaccharides (TOS), polydextrose, wheat dextrin, acacia gum, psyllium, banana, whole grain wheat, and whole grain corn also have prebiotic effects.

Although all prebiotics are fiber, not all fiber is prebiotic. Classification of a food ingredient as a prebiotic requires scientific demonstration that the ingredient [2]:

• Resists gastric acidity, hydrolysis by mammalian enzymes, and absorption in the upper gastrointestinal tract;
  • Is fermented by the intestinal microflora;
  • Selectively stimulates the growth and/or activity of intestinal bacteria potentially associated with health and well-being.
Analysis of well-preserved coprolites suggest that dietary intake of inulin was about 135 g/day for the typical adult male hunter-forager. Prebiotics occur naturally in foods such as leeks, asparagus, chicory, Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, onions, wheat, oats, and soybeans [6].
( Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits )

So the assumption is that Bifidobacterium are good because they are seen in larger quantities in healthy specimen. However, somehow all of these "prebiotic" foods are major no-no's according to Ray Peat. Coincidence? I think it's interesting that they are also implicated in the original study posted here saying they reduce the production of IAP. So I would say that these highly fermentable fibers which produce butyrate (good) also unfortunately produce many bad metabolites as a side effect and they are not necessarily beneficial. I think the fibers that RP deems safe are the ones which pass through the intestine as quickly as possible, and I think that cooking them thoroughly is partially what makes them that way.
Thanks for the info. Im definetly watching what fibers i eat. Im still testing whether fruit fibers give me problems.

I think its something to do with my small intestine pushing things down too fast, because i always have bits of vegetable pieces in my stool no matter how well i check them. So my theory is something is making my small intestine push the food into the large intestine before theres enough time to break down everything and then the bacteria is feasting on those undigested fibers and causing the gas. I always get serious gurgling in my abdomin a couple hours after eating, its like i can hear the intestine pushing stuff through the tunnel and it persists for hours.

Maybe the prebiotic xylooligosaccharides would work better for you. Life Extension just released their version called Florassist Prebiotic. Supposed to greatly increase bifido bacteria in only two weeks. One of the benefits is that only a low dose is needed, therefore it tends to not cause gastro complaints. Worth a look.
Thanks for the rec, but like alywest was saying it may not be that good. I also dont like the fillers it has, and it has a lot of the bad ones.

alywest

Thanks for the info. Im definetly watching what fibers i eat. Im still testing whether fruit fibers give me problems.

I think its something to do with my small intestine pushing things down too fast, because i always have bits of vegetable pieces in my stool no matter how well i check them. So my theory is something is making my small intestine push the food into the large intestine before theres enough time to break down everything and then the bacteria is feasting on those undigested fibers and causing the gas. I always get serious gurgling in my abdomin a couple hours after eating, its like i can hear the intestine pushing stuff through the tunnel and it persists for hours.

Interesting. i am under the impression that the small intestine is supposed to only absorb monosaccharides and then push the fiber into the large intestine. Do you think you maybe have SIBO? I am about to try these enzymes which are supposed to break down polysaccharides and hopefully reduce the amount of biofilm. It's similar to an antibiotic in that sense. You can't take it for too long, though, because it chelates calcium and iron. I think I'm going to increase my calcium intake to 5 grams/day while I'm taking it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MQMA2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tzheng2012

Interesting. i am under the impression that the small intestine is supposed to only absorb monosaccharides and then push the fiber into the large intestine. Do you think you maybe have SIBO? I am about to try these enzymes which are supposed to break down polysaccharides and hopefully reduce the amount of biofilm. It's similar to an antibiotic in that sense. You can't take it for too long, though, because it chelates calcium and iron. I think I'm going to increase my calcium intake to 5 grams/day while I'm taking it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MQMA2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Actually yeah, i ordered (havent recieved) some enzymedica candida enzymes, one with protease and cellulase and their other one with antibiotic/antifungal stuff like orefsno oil and thyme oil. Also got life extension lactoferrin to reduce iron which kinda starves hose bacteria or something to that effect. Plus some monolaurin (bacteriacidal/antiviral compound of lauric acid from coconut oil). And https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FGXMWC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 thing. I heard about the interfase from here but because people said it didnt work for them and i hink maybe i was a bit afraid of the EDTA i decided not to get it, cant remember exactly atm. Maybe i wouldnt have to use so many things if i just tried the interfase, but whatever haha.

I think maybe somethings causing the small intestine to spazz out and more rapidly push things through. Or it could be some bad bacterial balance having a party on the fiber in the large intestine. One thing i did notice though, i started taking olive leaf powder which is a really good antibacterial/viral and i think it really helped with symptoms. The last two days i havent had much gas and bloating. Its super wierd because its been almost a year with these symptoms. Maybe its cause i started peaty eating with low pufa, super low fat, high carb, sadly not high protein since i havent been able to get much, coffee, aspirin, niacinamide. I started like two weeks ago and it really made no difference until two days ago, so im not really sure if it just finally started to show its effects or it was that olive leaf powder lol. Im stumped. Well see how it goes in the following days i guesss.

alywest

Also, @Tzheng2012 have you tried the raw carrot/bamboo shoots/cooked mushrooms only and limiting fruit to only the ones Ray Peat recommends? What veggies have you been consuming and how do you prepare them?
Actually yeah, i ordered (havent recieved) some enzymedica candida enzymes, one with protease and cellulase and their other one with antibiotic/antifungal stuff like orefsno oil and thyme oil. Also got life extension lactoferrin to reduce iron which kinda starves hose bacteria or something to that effect. Plus some monolaurin (bacteriacidal/antiviral compound of lauric acid from coconut oil). And https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FGXMWC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 thing. I heard about the interfase from here but because people said it didnt work for them and i hink maybe i was a bit afraid of the EDTA i decided not to get it, cant remember exactly atm. Maybe i wouldnt have to use so many things if i just tried the interfase, but whatever haha.

I think maybe somethings causing the small intestine to spazz out and more rapidly push things through. Or it could be some bad bacterial balance having a party on the fiber in the large intestine. One thing i did notice though, i started taking olive leaf powder which is a really good antibacterial/viral and i think it really helped with symptoms. The last two days i havent had much gas and bloating. Its super wierd because its been almost a year with these symptoms. Maybe its cause i started peaty eating with low pufa, super low fat, high carb, sadly not high protein since i havent been able to get much, coffee, aspirin, niacinamide. I started like two weeks ago and it really made no difference until two days ago, so im not really sure if it just finally started to show its effects or it was that olive leaf powder lol. Im stumped. Well see how it goes in the following days i guesss.
Yeah, keep us posted!

Tzheng2012

Also, @Tzheng2012 have you tried the raw carrot/bamboo shoots/cooked mushrooms only and limiting fruit to only the ones Ray Peat recommends? What veggies have you been consuming and how do you prepare them?
Well im in a sort of communal living so i dont get too much choice in what i can eat so i havent tried the raw carrot salads, but we do get cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots every once in a while and i try to eat as much of it as i can. Havent really noticed a difference on the days i did consume them. As for veggies its just some stir fry of various greens, or carrots, peas, cauliflower, brocolli. I actually rinse my food in hot water a couple times to try to get rid of the pufa oils its cooked in but i still get a little, but as haldut said its more about pufa to sfa ratio than amount of pufa so i usually take a teaspoon of coconut oil with each meal and some butter which should balance it out pretty well.

Originally i thought eating fruit with meals was causing bloating because many “health diets” dont recommend combining thhe two because of claimed differences in digestion rates so i didnt eat fruits for a while, but ive started adding only sweet ones back like persimmons, grapes, and apples (i know not peaty because the pectin, but one user mentioned that apples actually get broken down into acedic acid, which combats endotoxins, which is the reason for the vinegar in the carrot salad, so any endotoxin formed from the pectin could probably be negated by the acetic acid byproduct) and at least the last couple days i havent noticed any extra bloating from them.

D

danishispsychic

i am convinced that parasitic infections are the most overlooked and covered up situation going on with most people these days.

Tzheng2012

Im on cellular data so i cant really load videos haha. Spoon feed me?

i am convinced that parasitic infections are the most overlooked and covered up situation going on with most people these days.
I dont doubt it, i was into the whole deworming thing a few years back when i was on curezone. Havent really done anything in a while though. Could be time to do a sweep.

D

danishispsychic

Im on cellular data so i cant really load videos haha. Spoon feed me?

I dont doubt it, i was into the whole deworming thing a few years back when i was on curezone. Havent really done anything in a while though. Could be time to do a sweep.
after trying tons and tons of stuff for parasites- here are my faves: salt water flushes and/or salt pills, humaworm ( if you can handle the black walnut ) with dr naturas colonix powder, high doses of msm and c,.... an of course megadoses of raw garlic ( gag)- sort of depends on what you have. from my experiences most herbals are super weak and i would go on the high dosage end or make my own. all i can say is - i used to eat sushi almost everyday and now i do not touch it. sad but true.

Last edited by a moderator:

alywest

\

I'm sorry, you shouldn't take interfase plus, just interfase. I hope that you haven't started it and if you did I hope you don't have mercury amalgams. *Fortunately the EDTA in the interfase product doesn't seem to bind mercury strongly FYI, but I took some activated charcoal to be safe. Chlorella and cilantro seem to be the most dangerous things for chelating heavy metals, but EDTA isn't good either.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals