Snow themed Christmas screen

koky

You can switch themes where there is no snowfall when you click on your name on top and then click on preference.
You can also choose another one and switch back, it deactivates the snow too it seems like
I couldn't see "themes" - clues?

K

Kayaker

I suspect for some time now comparing performance on different operating systems that Windows is purposefully making updates that are debilitating to the performance of the computer.
You're correct. That's how Bill Gates made his fortune. Now realize that the covaxx he promotes also "requires updates" and are "debilitating to performance".
While it could be pure coincidental incompetence from their side making their OS too heavy for disk use, I'd rather perpetuate the message, that it's a deliberate incompetence, so that consumers buy new computers (new laptops have mostly Windows included) in the sense of planned obsolescence.
I recall reading something about almost all computers having binary blob, except for IBM workstations and certain old laptops. I wouldn't buy a "normal" computer/laptop. I experienced enough frustration with things not working and not even being able to know what's wrong. It's a wonder proprietary software can get so sophisticated if programmers don't know exactly what goes on beneath them.
Last year I had access to several laptops and I was trying to use them for different stuff. While on Windows some laptops with HDD hard disks, even with a very decent processor and ram (one had some i7 and 8GB RAM) they were constantly clogged and their disk was rarely not on 80-100% usage. Then there was this constant updating, blocking any work, any installation was taking ages, they were overheating and noisy etc. Basically frustrating on every possible level. The supposedly best solution after trying out several different types of tweaks was a suggestion that I need to change and switch to a faster type of SSD disk.
That's what happened to my last two Windows computers. I assumed they were beyond saving, but you make me think installing Linux on the one I still have can make it usable again.
Instead, I simply erased Windows on all of them and installed Linux and it worked like a charm. Fast 15 seconds for turning the laptop on, smooth work, multiple programs at once, playing several videos simultaneously. I wasn't surprised, because I switched to Linux back in 2014 or something and never came back just for this reason. Even back then they very accessible and in due time they became even more user friendly, I would argue they are better than Windows on every level imaginable. Better applications, more useful, community based. Windows is just good for proprietary software, but even that can be hacked.
A good solution for the snowfall freezing the CPU. @Perry Staltic
Linux Mint is a good place to start, it's long-term supported and very windows-like in appearance.You simply need to backup your files on some storage and another empty USB key for the image file to install it from the boot.

Recently I found an old laptop from 2004, installed Lubuntu on it, it's super fast, I way surprised myself that it works so well.

Sporadically I also use a stationary PC from that time (around 2004) if I need to copy a CD or insert a DVD or something. I installed a puppy distribution and it's really good with very low specifications.

Thanks. I was unsure of what to do if my computer broke since I don't want to use Windows again, and regular Linux seems intimidating.

yerrag

It's the attack of graphene oxide wrapped in fake snowflakes.

Notice that they are round and unlike snowflakes not unique.

DO NOT, DO NOT EVER TOUCH YOUR SCREEN.

It's the attack of graphene oxide wrapped in fake snowflakes.

Notice that they are round and unlike snowflakes not unique.

DO NOT, DO NOT EVER TOUCH YOUR SCREEN.
They move in "shark like" hunting fashion too! Oh great, I trusted that they were snowflakes, now I gotta wear a mask using my phone now too?

They move in "shark like" hunting fashion too! Oh great, I trusted that they were snowflakes, now I gotta wear a mask using my phone now too?
A mask and orange googles, to also block blue light!

-Luke-

An orange mask may be useful. To protect the mouth from the viruses AND the blue light.
Yea! And come to think about it, not only those two might be enough, tan spraying the face until it's orange plus a tinfoil hat and body suit, to protect oneself from the neighbours 5G and obviously, the 5G towers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals