Bluelight Filterglas put onto Mobile screen helpful

LeeLemonoil

For all those like me that can’t or have trouble avoiding screen time altogether

I already use bluelight filter apps and at home in front of stationary screens I also used filter glasses.

But I don’t run around in public with it where I usually use a mobile.

Now there are a variety of protection glas against breaking for mobile screens. Some of them are offered with bluelight filters

Do they work?
Any experiences?

yerrag

Do you have a link to a product?

I use screen protectors that protect the glass from breaking. Its a thin film of transparent material that acts as a sacrificial barrier that breaks when the phone is dropped to keep the phone screen from breaking.

If there's a blue light filter on it, does it turn off by itself during the day. If not, why would I put up with having a yellow cast on my screen during the day?

Why would I need it when software can automatically turn on the blue filter at night when I need it to be there?

Am I missing something?

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

I think any blue frequency coming from display screen is more harmful - even in daylight - because of the proximity to eye and skin tissue.

Nomane Euger

JamesGatz

The Visible light spectrum (600 x 500 px) (2).png

If you can get your hands on orange or yellow tinted glass and tape it on top of the phone screen I think that would do it - I am experimenting with the same thing with a DLP projector to avoid EMF and blue light form a screen completely

you would just have to ensure it still catches touch screen which is the hard part

Last edited:

yerrag

I think any blue frequency coming from display screen is more harmful - even in daylight - because of the proximity to eye and skin tissue.

It's a good idea.

I'd like to see if it's taking away too much from us the true gamut of colors and making what we see the equivalent of being home at night on warm white lighting. If it takes too much of richness of life's colors from us, I would prefer the little blue lighting during daytime use.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

View attachment 31828

If you can get your hands on orange or yellow tinted glass and tape it on top of the phone screen I think that would do it - I am experimenting with the same thing with a DLP projector I have to avoid EMF and blue light form a screen completely

you would just have to ensure it still catches touch screen which is the hard part

Been thinking about similar things too.

I’d also thinking about putting red or orange suitable plastic coatings on halogen lamps to modify their already beneficial spectrum - but I don’t know if it results in monospectra. Spectrometers are expensive so I have no way of measuring

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

It's a good idea.

I'd like to see if it's taking away too much from us the true gamut of colors and making what we see the equivalent of being home at night on warm white lighting. If it takes too much of richness of life's colors from us, I would prefer the little blue lighting during daytime use.
I can relate yes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals