Nutmeg To Lower Serotonin And Increase Dopamin?

Parsifal

http://psy-amb.blogspot.fr/2012/09/how- ... op-10.html

Nutmeg isn't the most useful of spices. Apart from fruit pies and eggnog at Christmas time, most of us rarely touch the stuff. So it might come as some surprise that nutmeg has another use, one which is just as likely to make you feel as good about yourself as the festive season. Eat nutmeg, get high !

Nutmeg contains small amounts of a compound called myristicin, which is chemically similar to mescaline, the active compound in the peyote cactus. The downside about this legal high is that you need to consume an enormous amount of the stuff to have any noticeable hallucinogenic effect.

If you can handle that then you should also know that the effects can last for up to 48 hours and that you will likely experience a lot of vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhea. Some people have had positive experiences on nutmeg so it's not all doom and gloom. You can read a nutmeg trip report here :

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=7905

I don't know if mescaline is structurally similar to LSD (is it a tryptamine?). I'm a bit suspicious about the vomiting (which might be induced by increased serotonin or histamines levels? Nausea and vomiting are associated with it, isn't it?).
Don't know if there are other things in nutmeg like PUFA's or if that irritates the gut or raise nitric oxide like other spices but there might be some interesting effects for people that cannot get LSD-based drugs like lisuride? Maybe a small dose of nutmeg might be equivalent to microdosing LSD?
What do you think about it?

Nicholas

all i know is nutmeg tastes good on almost anything. i have heard that it's high PUFA though...

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

Nicholas said:
post 111768 all i know is nutmeg tastes good on almost anything. i have heard that it's high PUFA though...
Too bad! Maybe there is a way to extract the myristicin easily without having to take the PUFA?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Derek

Last time I read about nutmeg I heard that the USDA is adding some chemical in the processing of the spice, in order to inactivate the myristicin. There was concern about people getting LSD-like effects from raw/unprocessed nutmeg, so they added some chemical (I forget the name) in order to prevent these effects.

Ceylon cinnamon might be something to try. Good for lowering serotonin.

Mountain

Derek said:
Last time I read about nutmeg I heard that the USDA is adding some chemical in the processing of the spice, in order to inactivate the myristicin. There was concern about people getting LSD-like effects from raw/unprocessed nutmeg, so they added some chemical (I forget the name) in order to prevent these effects.

Ceylon cinnamon might be something to try. Good for lowering serotonin.

Classic. Seed suppliers also put dangerous chemicals on morning glory seeds to stop people from consuming them.

tara

I expect the PUFA load would be a minor issue with the quantities concerned.
Bad news about chemical alteration, though.

Any one want to come weed my garden? I haven't added anything to my convolvulus seeds. :)

Nutmeg, milk and sugar (honey) before bed is bliss :joyful:

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals