Sky High Progesterone But Not Feeling Anything

success23

Hello.
Is there any reason why i am not feeling anything from my sky high progesterone ( nor good or bad) ?

My first bloodwork showed that i am deficiennt.
I used vitex and 4-5 caps of oral progesterone and got my levels way up.

Current test:
1.13 nmol/l (0.01 - 0.47)

Any ideas?

Tenacity

Last time i checked my estrogen was normal. DO they compete for the receptors?
Do progesterone and cortisol compete with each other?
If you have too much estrogen progesterone can't bind to its transport mechanism. I read that estrogen and progesterone have different transporter proteins, but the majority of both are carried on albumin. Perhaps when estrogen is high there's not enough space for progesterone on albumin.

success23

If you have too much estrogen progesterone can't bind to its transport mechanism. I read that estrogen and progesterone have different transporter proteins, but the majority of both are carried on albumin. Perhaps when estrogen is high there's not enough space for progesterone on albumin.

Albumin transport from the blood the the cells?

Lecarpetron

Ray has also mentioned in an article that if large amounts of progesterone have no effect, thyroid may be the underlying issue and best to start there.

Tenacity

Ray has also mentioned in an article that if large amounts of progesterone have no effect, thyroid may be the underlying issue and best to start there.
The main issue seems to be with the liver's detoxification of estrogen, and thyroid dysfunction can certainly be the root cause of that.

success23

The main issue seems to be with the liver's detoxification of estrogen, and thyroid dysfunction can certainly be the root cause of that.

I think that the liver might be the problem. I am planning to take some caffeine pills for it.

Tenacity

I think that the liver might be the problem. I am planning to take some caffeine pills for it.
I think for liver detoxification specifically Peat recommends feedings of protein and B vitamins.

success23

I think for liver detoxification specifically Peat recommends feedings of protein and B vitamins.

I am currently taking milk thistle and daily b-complex. I have been reading about the CYP1A2 enzyme and how it increase the removal of alchohol and estrogen. And i get drunk easily so i assume i might have reduced activity of the enzyme.

Looks like high doses of caffeine increase the enzyme activity so i am keen to try caffeine.

Jackrabbit

I am currently taking milk thistle and daily b-complex. I have been reading about the CYP1A2 enzyme and how it increase the removal of alchohol and estrogen. And i get drunk easily so i assume i might have reduced activity of the enzyme.

Looks like high doses of caffeine increase the enzyme activity so i am keen to try caffeine.
You might also be low in enzymes that convert progesterone to the active for allopregnanolone. Perhaps taurine would help with this, I know it increases steroidogenic enzyme activity as seen with hair growth.

Jackrabbit

You might also be low in enzymes that convert progesterone to the active for allopregnanolone. Perhaps taurine would help with this, I know it increases steroidogenic enzyme activity as seen with hair growth.
Sorry, actually low dose mirtazapine

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Arctic Fire Help Needed: Overcoming Sky-High Stress Hormones W/out Pro-Metabolic Supps Ask For Help or Advice 51
Y My Social Inhibitation Is SKY HIGH, How To Lower It? Rant or Rave 64
Frankdee20 Anyone Try Examastane Liquid From Blue Sky ? Ask For Help or Advice 8
DrJ Sky Scholar Science 2
methylenewhite Black Helicopters In The Sky Rant or Rave 9
DaveFoster Blue Sky Peptide: T4 Experiences Synthetic Thyroid 14
TheHound Anyone Try Blue Sky Peptide Exemestane? Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
whodathunkit Blue Sky Peptide: A Question For Anyone Who's Purchased From Them Rant or Rave 90
J Blue Sky Peptide T3 Suppliers 146
E Tension headache after Blue Sky Soda and Cottage Cheese Diet, Recipes 23
loess It's DATE Season! The Sky Is Ripe With Sugar Clouds! Fruits 13
Doludolu Very LOW Iron , Sufficient Ferritin, Excesivelly high vitamin B12 - Anemia or what is going on? Blood Work, Labs 2
H High fluctuation in energy levels/mood after coming from carnivore diet Ask For Help or Advice 4
E Is 620nmol/l morning cortisol consider to high? Blood Work, Labs 11
T Weakened erection during sex after high dose of iodine from Norwegian kelp email to Ray included Ask For Help or Advice 10
I How to lower bp - young man with high blood pressure Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 1
Pina High morning cortisol should I avoid pregnenolone before bed? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 13
E Did anyone already tried astressin B for hair loss when you have high blood cortisol? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ddjd High vitamin D levels essential for tolerating T3?? Ask For Help or Advice 0
A Need Help - Blood Labs (High TSH, Low T4/T3, Low DHEA) Ask For Help or Advice 0
ScurveDream How to enter the Smart Peat-ple Club? How to be among the liked, high status winners? Ask For Help or Advice 29
Doludolu Switching from low carb | keto | carnivore experimentation back to High-carb. Tips for safe metabolic return ? Diet 11
ecstatichamster If you can buy a high altitude tent is that good as living at altitude Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 5
H Effects of Physical Activity at High Altitude on Hormonal Profiles in Foreign Trekkers and Indigenous Nepalese Porters Scientific Studies 0
M Low or high stomach acid ? How to tell? Digestion 4
M Addressing Hair Loss and High Calcium Intake Hair & Nails 7
M Bile deficiency / Gilbert syndrome (chronic too high bilirubin) Ask For Help or Advice 1
G Epstein-Barr and Cytomegalovirus high chrnio Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
S High Test but Suddenly Low free Test? Blood Work, Labs 7
C Is high-dose Thiamine therapy safe? Vitamins 14
youngsinatra Can High Vitamin D Compensate Lower Dietary Calcium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Any idea why my blood pressure could be high? Diet 3
M Normal/High Testosterone but low DHEA-S Blood Work, Labs 14
A High-carb diet vs supplements for reducing cortisol Diet 3
Marine Is possible to have and mantain a. high sex drive everyday? Male Issues 29
M High calcium ? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J High triglycerides, high cholesterol (LDL), mildly elevated AST Blood Work, Labs 4
P High dose vitamin k2 around 45mg makes vericocele vanish Male Issues 7
IVILA What explains high estrone but low estradiol? Ask For Help or Advice 5
T High Lipoprotein A. Anyone else? Blood Work, Labs 10
R Safest medication to treat high blood pressure? Ask For Help or Advice 53
Hgreen56 High sugar consumption could cause the body to become unable to regulate androgen levels? Hormones 21
Hans The high sugar model did not prove to be a good model of obesity Scientific Studies 1
C Vitamin D, daily low dose or infrequent high dose? Vitamins 11
RWilly Baking Powder - a surprising amount of calcium - high calcium to phosphorus ratio Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
F Can high reverse T3 cause acummulation of the exogenous thyroid hormone in the body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
D Vitamin D Always High! Blood Work, Labs 13
A The safety of high salt diet? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Sam321 How do you determine if you have high nitric oxide? Ask For Help or Advice 2
charlie Solid High-Carbon Steel For Cooking? What Say You? Cookware, Microwave 24