Sky High Progesterone But Not Feeling Anything

success23

Hello.
Is there any reason why i am not feeling anything from my sky high progesterone ( nor good or bad) ?

My first bloodwork showed that i am deficiennt.
I used vitex and 4-5 caps of oral progesterone and got my levels way up.

Current test:
1.13 nmol/l (0.01 - 0.47)

Any ideas?

Tenacity

Last time i checked my estrogen was normal. DO they compete for the receptors?
Do progesterone and cortisol compete with each other?
If you have too much estrogen progesterone can't bind to its transport mechanism. I read that estrogen and progesterone have different transporter proteins, but the majority of both are carried on albumin. Perhaps when estrogen is high there's not enough space for progesterone on albumin.

OP
S

success23

If you have too much estrogen progesterone can't bind to its transport mechanism. I read that estrogen and progesterone have different transporter proteins, but the majority of both are carried on albumin. Perhaps when estrogen is high there's not enough space for progesterone on albumin.

Albumin transport from the blood the the cells?

Lecarpetron

Ray has also mentioned in an article that if large amounts of progesterone have no effect, thyroid may be the underlying issue and best to start there.

Tenacity

Ray has also mentioned in an article that if large amounts of progesterone have no effect, thyroid may be the underlying issue and best to start there.
The main issue seems to be with the liver's detoxification of estrogen, and thyroid dysfunction can certainly be the root cause of that.

OP
S

success23

The main issue seems to be with the liver's detoxification of estrogen, and thyroid dysfunction can certainly be the root cause of that.

I think that the liver might be the problem. I am planning to take some caffeine pills for it.

Tenacity

I think that the liver might be the problem. I am planning to take some caffeine pills for it.
I think for liver detoxification specifically Peat recommends feedings of protein and B vitamins.

OP
S

success23

I think for liver detoxification specifically Peat recommends feedings of protein and B vitamins.

I am currently taking milk thistle and daily b-complex. I have been reading about the CYP1A2 enzyme and how it increase the removal of alchohol and estrogen. And i get drunk easily so i assume i might have reduced activity of the enzyme.

Looks like high doses of caffeine increase the enzyme activity so i am keen to try caffeine.

Jackrabbit

I am currently taking milk thistle and daily b-complex. I have been reading about the CYP1A2 enzyme and how it increase the removal of alchohol and estrogen. And i get drunk easily so i assume i might have reduced activity of the enzyme.

Looks like high doses of caffeine increase the enzyme activity so i am keen to try caffeine.
You might also be low in enzymes that convert progesterone to the active for allopregnanolone. Perhaps taurine would help with this, I know it increases steroidogenic enzyme activity as seen with hair growth.

Jackrabbit

You might also be low in enzymes that convert progesterone to the active for allopregnanolone. Perhaps taurine would help with this, I know it increases steroidogenic enzyme activity as seen with hair growth.
Sorry, actually low dose mirtazapine