Sinus Congestion

Jennifer Davis

Hello,
I have a client who has been dealing with almost 80-100% sinus congestion for almost 4 months.
He also has what feels like fluid in the ear.
He isn't sleeping well and now the top of his lungs are feeling tight.

He has tried carrot salad, cyproheptidine, benadryl, progesterone, minocycline, he is about to start activated charcoal. He consumes very little PUFA and eats around 2800-3000 calories a day.

Since antihistamine's aren't working well, I was wondering if this could be an androgen issue ?
Wondering if Gonadin would be a good option to take ...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi Jennifer, welcome to the forum. :welcome2

There is an epidemic of LPR going on right now. All of a sudden a ton of people are getting it. Might be something worth considering because the symptoms match.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So famotidine (Pepcid) at night might be worth a try? I use it for chronic cough and it at least does not interfere with sleep, in fact it seems to help somewhat. Whereas benedryl leaves my head feeling "thick" in the morning.

Jennifer

Hello,
I have a client who has been dealing with almost 80-100% sinus congestion for almost 4 months.

He has tried carrot salad, cyproheptidine, benadryl, progesterone, minocycline, he is about to start activated charcoal. He consumes very little PUFA and eats around 2800-3000 calories a day.

Since antihistamine's aren't working well, I was wondering if this could be an androgen issue ?
Could something he is eating be causing gut inflammation and/or feeding an overgrowth of bacteria, leading to that feeling of tightness in his lungs? I used to get stuffy sinuses and lung issues — mainly shortness of breath — when eating foods I don’t digest well or that irritate my intestines. Ray has said that bowel inflammation leads to impaired lung function. An example from the email advice depository:

“Ray: I have seen some articles talking about the hypoxia that occurs as a problem with the hemoglobin, but I don’t know of any evidence for that, while it’s well known that the virus infects both the intestine and the lung, and bowel inflammation leads to impaired lung function and the other things associated with the virus. The antiinflammatory things work on the actual causes of the sickness—endotoxin, serotonin, histamine, vascular leakiness.”

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

gaze

Could something he is eating be causing gut inflammation and/or feeding an overgrowth of bacteria, leading to that feeling of tightness in his lungs? I used to get stuffy sinuses and lung issues — mainly shortness of breath — when eating foods I don’t digest well or that irritate my intestines. Ray has said that bowel inflammation leads to impaired lung function. An example from the email advice depository:

“Ray: I have seen some articles talking about the hypoxia that occurs as a problem with the hemoglobin, but I don’t know of any evidence for that, while it’s well known that the virus infects both the intestine and the lung, and bowel inflammation leads to impaired lung function and the other things associated with the virus. The antiinflammatory things work on the actual causes of the sickness—endotoxin, serotonin, histamine, vascular leakiness.”

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I would agree with this. Also in an interview with danny roddy on youtube called "safe supplements" Ray mentions how almost everyone he saw with really bad allergies were almost completely cured when they stopped taking all supplements (the byproducts and manufacturing can make an ordinary supplement highly allergic)

J

james2388

Wax buildup in ear most likely. Sinus congestion often comes with ear infection/inflammation/bacteria growth from blockage in the ears.
Hydrogen peroxide in the ears should do it and seeing and ENT.

Lejeboca

Aspirin (low dose) helps me to deal with "as if fluid in the ear problem".
Someone's on the forum mentioned xylitol in the neti pot cleared their chronic infection. I'd add to xylitol a 1mg of methylene blue per neti pot.

Lejeboca

I would agree with this. Also in an interview with danny roddy on youtube called "safe supplements" Ray mentions how almost everyone he saw with really bad allergies were almost completely cured when they stopped taking all supplements (the byproducts and manufacturing can make an ordinary supplement highly allergic)

+1. I'd stop all. And would add back, if desired, one at a time.

appotis

xylitol nose spray can destroy the biofilm and help remove the mucous

hierundjetzt

Hello,

I have exactly the same symptoms as your friend. I am convinced my impaired lung function is due to gut issues/inflammation. I have tried almost everything, but so far have not been successful on solving this problem, unfortunately. I have ordered rifaximin in the hope that this might clear it up.

Advocate2021

Aspirin (low dose) helps me to deal with "as if fluid in the ear problem".
Someone's on the forum mentioned xylitol in the neti pot cleared their chronic infection. I'd add to xylitol a 1mg of methylene blue per neti pot.
can Oxidial be used for the methelyne blue in the netty pot you recommend? it does have a couple of other ingredients- caffeine and now salycilic acid.

YamnayaMommy

I have exactly the same symptoms as your friend. I am convinced my impaired lung function is due to gut issues/inflammation. I have tried almost everything, but so far have not been successful on solving this problem, unfortunately. I have ordered rifaximin in the hope that this might clear it up.
I have been congestion free for nine months after increasing aspirin and caffeine (I take 240mg of adoring and 200mg of caffeine with each meal except no caffeine at dinner) and taking a 25mg tablet of bronkaid evwrh morning.
I tried cutting out foods, thinking a gut issue was the problem, but got nowhere.

hierundjetzt

I have been congestion free for nine months after increasing aspirin and caffeine (I take 240mg of adoring and 200mg of caffeine with each meal except no caffeine at dinner) and taking a 25mg tablet of bronkaid evwrh morning.
I tried cutting out foods, thinking a gut issue was the problem, but got nowhere.
Interesting! May I ask you how you took caffeine? In powder form? Or just a cup of coffee?

rei

Sinus congestion, block in the ear are both caused by fascial tension, probably most often around the neck and shoulders.

Ignoramus

Sinus congestion, block in the ear are both caused by fascial tension, probably most often around the neck and shoulders.
Interesting! I only seem to get congested in the night/when I wake up. Do you have any recommendations regarding this? Stretching? Myofascial release?

Cheers

YamnayaMommy

Interesting! May I ask you how you took caffeine? In powder form? Or just a cup of coffee?
Both. I’m a busy mommy; sometimes too busy to make coffee. So I have a bottle of no doze (200mg pills) and use them or a equivalent in brewed coffee. Always with a meal and aspirin.

it can take a couple days to get used to the caffeine. It’s wonderful and cheap, however.

hierundjetzt

Both. I’m a busy mommy; sometimes too busy to make coffee. So I have a bottle of no doze (200mg pills) and use them or a equivalent in brewed coffee. Always with a meal and aspirin.

it can take a couple days to get used to the caffeine. It’s wonderful and cheap, however.
Thanks! I was just wondering how you came to realise that the combo of caffeine, aspirin and bronkaid did the trick? Looking at what bronkaid is used for and its principal ingredient, it would seem that bronkaid alone would clear up the congestion. Just wondering

bornamachine

OP, is this a sudden onset or happens often?

I would look into enviormental causes. Often congestion or sinus stuff has to do with mold spores.

Advice client to spend time outside of home to see if symptoms improve in a couple days of NOT visiting the house. If that is the case, investigate eviorment.

90 or more percent of the snot produced is the body getting rid of mold and spores.

YamnayaMommy

Thanks! I was just wondering how you came to realise that the combo of caffeine, aspirin and bronkaid did the trick? Looking at what bronkaid is used for and its principal ingredient, it would seem that bronkaid alone would clear up the congestion. Just wondering
Bronkaid probably would, but I am unsure of its long term safety. Bronkaid (ephedrine), aspirin, and caffeine are the three components of the infamous ECA stack that bodybuilders use to lose fat. The aspirin is supposed to potentiate the ephedrine and the caffeine. It gives you incredible energy and also has a nootropic effect. But ephedrine at high doses long term may be hepatotoxic, which is why I take only 25mgs/day. I noticed that after I started the stack, as a stimulant, that my congestion totally cleared up.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Bronkaid probably would, but I am unsure of its long term safety. Bronkaid (ephedrine), aspirin, and caffeine are the three components of the infamous ECA stack that bodybuilders use to lose fat. The aspirin is supposed to potentiate the ephedrine and the caffeine. It gives you incredible energy and also has a nootropic effect. But ephedrine at high doses long term may be hepatotoxic, which is why I take only 25mgs/day. I noticed that after I started the stack, as a stimulant, that my congestion totally cleared up.
from my understanding, the ephedrine is a significant blood thickener, somehow it clots or thickens blood significantly, so the aspirin is needed to counteract that, for the blood thinning. Im not sure if bodybuilders see value in the aspirin besides for the blood thinning portion? I only saw Peat talk about the pro metabolic effects of aspirin, with bodybuilders from what i remember they just wanted a safe, cheap over the counter blood thinner with minimal side effects, to counter the ephedrine. they think its the caffeine and ephedrine doing all the work and fat loss and the aspirin is just needed for ephedrines side effects.

what effects are you getting so far from the ECA stack, and, is bronkaid available without prescription? isnt it like the category of things which is over the counter, but you have to ask the pharmacist for it and have to be above 18 or something, so its not totally over the counter like aspirin or vitamins etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals