Sick and taking thyroid?

HDD

I am coming down with a nasty cold. My basal temperature was 98.6, which I interpret as a low grade fever. Should I take my cynoplus/cynomel like I normally do or wait until I am well?

OP
H

HDD

If I stop supplementing while running a fever, can I resume the same dose when I am better?

HR-95 bpm
Temp.-98.2

I feel cold.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fever is anything over 100.4 degrees.

If I were to get sick, the last thing I would do is stop my thyroid supplementing. This would lower metabolism making it harder to get over the sickness, and then you have all that ground to make up once you start taking it again. There should never be any reason to stop thyroid supplementing that I can think of, unless you are going to quit taking it.

Did you just start supplementing? I am wondering if maybe you are on slightly too much with that basal temp and pulse. Or, maybe because you are getting sick, your body is kicking in stress hormones for some reason, and this is why you are getting the higher readings.

OP
H

HDD

I have been taking it for 5 1/2 weeks. I guess I was afraid of too high of a temperature because I get over 99 some days. I feel like it is stress hormones. Shaky inside like I feel when I think I have low blood sugar. That is not my normal basal temperature or heart rate. Just today.

Thanks for the good advice, Charlie.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I feel best at a temp of around 99.2 or 99.4. Yes, stress hormones do become more pronounced at first until they settle down. That's why its best to start low, and raise slow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals