Should minoxidil be considered for my situation?

Babygrit

I’m a diffuse thinner, a couple years of underreating/ smoking/ over exercise led to exacerbated hairfall at around 22 (26 now), with the help of this forum, Danny roddy, and Nathan hatch, I’ve managed to control the thinning. I have gotten my temps up well over 99, very conscious about my sugar intake, mood is stabilized somewhat. I’ve also moved to LA to fully pursue my career, so I’m getting more than enough sunlight. Now my question; would experimenting with minoxidil to potentially re-establish density be smart? I feel that my metabolism and blood flow with be enough now to keep the growth that minoxidil will help with. I value this forums opinion greatly, that’s why I’m asking. Thank you

tallglass13

Minoxidil is definitely a hair growth stimulator! I only wish it was safe enough to use. The benefits of minoxidil are not forever. You will get a boost of hair growth, possibly after a heavy shed. The boosting hair growth last anywhere between 6 months to a couple of years. At which point, your body will completely rely on the nitric oxide it gives. Minoxidil is basically nitric oxide, it is not a precursor, like arginine or citrulline or folate.
Aging, and dark circles under the eyes are not uncommon using minoxidil. That is where Ray Peat comes in. Excessive nitric oxide causes a whole host of aging issues. Sexual function issues with minoxidil I always thought were not real. However when you run out of nitric oxide precursors and only rely on outside source of nitric oxide, erections are compromised.
Most importantly, minoxidil is a blood pressure drug, and will get systemic when used topically and you will have blood pressure side effects such as light-headedness and shortness of breath. The shortness of breath scared The living daylights out of me when I was using minoxidil at one point. Several users as well as myself, experience this weird out of breath feeling when you go to lay down. Shills on the Internet or YouTube always seem to leave this part out although I have seen a few talk about it. If you begin minoxidil it is supposed to be used for Life otherwise you lose all the small hairs that you've gained and your hair will get very very thin worse than it is now, so I would just use bioenergetic lifestyle along with keeping the scalp nice and loose with massages and maybe even a natural topical like essential oils or olive oil.

OP
B

Babygrit

Minoxidil is definitely a hair growth stimulator! I only wish it was safe enough to use. The benefits of minoxidil are not forever. You will get a boost of hair growth, possibly after a heavy shed. The boosting hair growth last anywhere between 6 months to a couple of years. At which point, your body will completely rely on the nitric oxide it gives. Minoxidil is basically nitric oxide, it is not a precursor, like arginine or citrulline or folate.
Aging, and dark circles under the eyes are not uncommon using minoxidil. That is where Ray Peat comes in. Excessive nitric oxide causes a whole host of aging issues. Sexual function issues with minoxidil I always thought were not real. However when you run out of nitric oxide precursors and only rely on outside source of nitric oxide, erections are compromised.
Most importantly, minoxidil is a blood pressure drug, and will get systemic when used topically and you will have blood pressure side effects such as light-headedness and shortness of breath. The shortness of breath scared The living daylights out of me when I was using minoxidil at one point. Several users as well as myself, experience this weird out of breath feeling when you go to lay down. Shills on the Internet or YouTube always seem to leave this part out although I have seen a few talk about it. If you begin minoxidil it is supposed to be used for Life otherwise you lose all the small hairs that you've gained and your hair will get very very thin worse than it is now, so I would just use bioenergetic lifestyle along with keeping the scalp nice and loose with massages and maybe even a natural topical like essential oils or olive oil.
Ok, thank you lol I’ve read about the aging and stuff, but not about breathing. Can’t sacrifice my body or respiration for hair

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals