RP Diet & Lifestyle For Young Men With A Lust For Life

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I was asking because of folic acid fortification, not iron. In the US one serving of fortified wheat product has nearly half the RDA of folic acid. If you eat a couple servings in one sitting, youll get quite a bit of folic acid. I find it unlikely just the wheat alone causing such a strong libido increase, but if it had a high amount of folic acid then it is more likely.
It's very likely that wheat in my country is fortified with folic acid, at least that's what a quick Google search tells me.

redsun

Do you think if you don't have the mutation MTHFR mutation, folic acid is safe?

I don't think it is problematic regardless. Chris masterjohn has a video where he talks about riboflavin possibly being able to normalize MTHFR in those with mutations. This is probably why the mutation is so common, because beforehand when humans used to eat more riboflavin(from dairy, eggs, and especially liver and organs which no one eats anymore) it didnt matter. Now today, where most people may never hit 2mg B2 intake a day it matters.

i came to the conclusion,from careful
observation of instagram-animal-memes,
that not many have an innate clue whats good for them.

junk food crazed.JPG trash food crisis innate healthseeker.JPG

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Day #5 of my high-starch experiment
The libido boost from day 2 has been a singular event. I mean, sure, on average, I generally experience a little more arousal. But nothing more than that.
Sleep has stabilized. Energy levels are decent, better than on my usual Peat diet, probably because of improved sleep.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Does anyone have a theory on why wheat | pasta is more beneficial to my sleep VS white potatoes and rice?
I believe it's related to blood sugar. Potatoes and rice fill me up, but they satiate me for a short time, whereas on pasta I get much longer satiation.

Aries

Is the source of carbohydrate the only variable in your meals? Are calories, fat, fiber all equal between the meals?

ExCarniv

Does anyone have a theory on why wheat | pasta is more beneficial to my sleep VS white potatoes and rice?
I believe it's related to blood sugar. Potatoes and rice fill me up, but they satiate me for a short time, whereas on pasta I get much longer satiation.

Probably because you craved it and after eating it you released stress.

Markus

Wheat has opioid effects which might be calming for the nervous system.

Cameron

Something about well cooked pasta and warm tortillas just tell my belly life is good but only when cheese or a dairy sauce is involved.

ExCarniv

Something about well cooked pasta and warm tortillas just tell my belly life is good but only when cheese or a dairy sauce is involved.

For me is tomato sauce and ground beef, but only with good quality homemade pasta or dry Italian pasta, cheap supermarket pasta is awful and often fortified.

Cameron

For me is tomato sauce and ground beef, but only with good quality homemade pasta or dry Italian pasta, cheap supermarket pasta is awful and often fortified.
Yep quality is what counts. The French know what’s up. I get tortillas that are non fortified and some sourdough and pasta you can find them at local markets and places in the states you just gotta look.

milkboi

Same. This forum kinda spoiled gluten for me tho, with the prolactin concerns. :shifty::smuggrin:

S-VV

Because it gets converted to tetrahydrofolate which retains histidine. This is what all the info I have seen for raising histamine says. Folic acid, not methylfolate, not folinic acid. Folic acid. I am sure they all can technically turn into tetrahydrofolate eventually but this is what is recommended, its not my ideas, its ideas from much smarter people. So you want to do it, you do it that way and no other way.

I don't think you have even a basic understanding of the methylation cycle. Tetrahydrofolate (THF) gets converted by methyltetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) to L-methylfolate, which is one of the active one-carbon carriers in the body, and regenerates S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe). SAMe is necessary for the metabolism of histamine to N-methylhistamine, the first step in its degradation.

Supplementing too much folic acid can be very dangerous for individuals with the point mutation C677T (The hazards of excessive folic acid intake in MTHFR gene mutation carriers: An obstetric and gynecological perspective)

If you want to actually increase Histidine, B6 is a necessary cofactor in the decarboxylation of Histidine to Histamine.

redsun

I don't think you have even a basic understanding of the methylation cycle. Tetrahydrofolate (THF) gets converted by methyltetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) to L-methylfolate, which is one of the active one-carbon carriers in the body, and regenerates S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe). SAMe is necessary for the metabolism of histamine to N-methylhistamine, the first step in its degradation.

What is the point of this paragraph? I already know all of this. I don't need you teaching me.

Are you seriously saying I lack understanding? You think its that simple as taking B6 to make more histamine lol... B6 has direct and indirect roles in synthesizing all neurotransmitters not just histamine, taking B6 doesnt just increase histamine it will increase everything. If you had an actual deficiency then it would cause problems in making histamine obviously.

The issue which you clearly do not understand is to raise histamine you need to retain the amino acid histidine and reduce histamine's breakdown by excessive copper. Histapenic patients have very low folic acid levels in the blood and consequently will not retain as much histidine.

This is what Pfeiffer has done, he used B12, folic acid, zinc, manganese, niacin, to reduce copper. Copper is the main culprit in low histamine because it breaks it down too quickly, not low B6. Yes excessive SAMe can also be a problem, but Pfeiffer treated histapenia by reducing copper mainly. Large doses of niacin/nicotinamide are part of the protocol which obviously would reduce methylation considerably while its being used. Just 100mg Niacinamide considerably raises histamine and serotonin. If you take up to 3g of it you would imagine a lot less histamine would be inactivated via methylation of histamine. In one of his books I have seen recommended 300-3000mg of B3:

Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. - PubMed - NCBI

Loss of histidine in urine is also a problem due to folate deficiency:

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Histidine_in_the_Anemia_of_Folate_Deficiency

I say to use folic acid because that's what he used. I am not going to recommend what he didn't, folic acid is what is used. How much more do I need to spell it out for you? You and anyone else can use whatever folate you want, doesn't mean I have to recommend the other ones.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

The 7-day experiment is up. Except for days 1 and 2, the 'superpowers' have diet off. Libido came back to baseline low.
My sleep has surely benefitted, so I will consume starch in some form or another for this purpose specifically. Hopefully, the sleep improvemnts will correct my libido to a degree.

Drinking a Red Bull is the highlight of my day latel, only thing that makes me feel somewhat good for a while.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

One thing is for sure. Whenever I'm well fed (solid protein intake), and I drink a raw OJ or orange & mango juice shortly after or in-between meals, it makes me feel amazing, so satisfying to my brain. If only if it weren't so expensive.
If drink it when I'm too hungry
Store-bought juice gives me gas and minor indigestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals