RP Diet & Lifestyle For Young Men With A Lust For Life

ExCarniv

high starch gives me dandruff and scalp itchiness. And

Excessive gluten or fortified flours -breads gives me dandruff too, so you need to test your limits.

Italian dry pasta seems ok for me once per week. But otherwise my staples are potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice and squashes.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@ExCarniv So that would be pasta and wheat.
On rice and potatoes only, I get no to minimal dandruff, I recall.

The problem is I get bigger benefits from pasta and wheat. Must be because they have a much slower energy / insulin release.
Though yesterday I ate a bowl of pasta at lunch. 2hrs later, I was a bit sleepy, not extremely sleepy, but not energetic either.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I was wondering what if all the digestive issues caused by starch are actually because of poor gut health / digestive health.
Would gluten still give me dandruff if my digestion was top notch?
In other words, starch is bad for my hair only because of my poor digestion, isn't it?

ExCarniv

The problem is I get bigger benefits from pasta and wheat. Must be because they have a much slower energy / insulin release.
Though yesterday I ate a bowl of pasta at lunch. 2hrs later, I was a bit sleepy, not extremely sleepy, but not energetic either.

I eat Italian good quality pasta plus some protein for dinner after workouts and works well, if I eat for lunch, makes me a bit sleepy too.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Day #2 of my high-starch experiment

It's afternoon now, and I'm suddenly hit with raging feelings of arousal. I view every woman in my sight in a highly sexual way, God, I missed this feeling. It's like I have awaken after being a lifeless asexual monk for the past months. No wonder I had no drive to meet women and pursue sexual opportunities in this state.

Wondering if this spike in libido is estrogen / endotoxin related? I'm still low PUFA and popping low-dose Aspirin pills everyday, so my estrogen should still be low. Maybe the combination of high fruit + high starch suits me magnificently.

1000 ng/dL T levels, here I come!

redsun

l
Day #2 of my high-starch experiment

It's afternoon now, and I'm suddenly hit with raging feelings of arousal. I view every woman in my sight in a highly sexual way, God, I missed this feeling. It's like I have awaken after being a lifeless asexual monk for the past months. No wonder I had no drive to meet women and pursue sexual opportunities in this state.

Wondering if this spike in libido is estrogen / endotoxin related? I'm still low PUFA and popping low-dose Aspirin pills everyday, so my estrogen should still be low. Maybe the combination of high fruit + high starch suits me magnificently.

1000 ng/dL T levels, here I come!

Were the starches you have been eating mostly wheat/pasta?

postman

You could try making your own sourdough foods, the long rising/fermentation time breaks down the gluten.

redsun

Yeah, I don't think iron fortification is a thing in Europe.

I was asking because of folic acid fortification, not iron. In the US one serving of fortified wheat product has nearly half the RDA of folic acid. If you eat a couple servings in one sitting, youll get quite a bit of folic acid. I find it unlikely just the wheat alone causing such a strong libido increase, but if it had a high amount of folic acid then it is more likely.

If his food is not fortified with folic acid, the only reasonable explanation to me would be @GreekDemiGod just cannot handle and utilize sugars effectively (in fact he is probably terrible at it, like many) thats why when he provided lots of glucose(starch) which is easily utilized he made a sudden turnaround in the sexual department. Of course it is only the second day of him doing this so we'll have to see if he keeps improving.

I had a very similar experience to what @GreekDemiGod just wrote when I first took 800mcg of folic acid. Strong overwhelming lust and sexual desire. I am only 22 so I never had issue obviously at that age, but folic acid bumped my libido even higher then it was before and now it is just at a much higher level constantly which I largely attribute to FA.

gaze

the ultimate lesson always seems to be eat anything that you crave as long as there’s no pufa oil or added iron. problem is people are so far out on the fringe their bodies have no clue what it craves. All digestive problems seem to be caused from not eating enough calories. the goal should be to digest any food possible with no issues.

ExCarniv

All digestive problems seem to be caused from not eating enough calories

Not quite true, even eating lots of calories, if you gorge fast fried foods, pastries, cookies, lots of fortified wheat, raw green vegetables etc you can mess up your digestion pretty quick.

thing is also,messed up digestion.
It is really chronic infection of body-cavities.

I think people have misunderstood @Kammas. From what I understand he meant that digestion issues are caused from undereating/calorie restriction too long -- not that simply eating more of anything will fix them/return them to normal. I'd also agree from first-hand evaluation: I've restricted calories far too long and I'm still working past the problems it's created now. I don't even know what an actual "craving" is anymore since it can be hit or miss sometimes with food & what I want/what's good/etc.

Jennifer

I think people have misunderstood @Kammas. From what I understand he meant that digestion issues are caused from undereating/calorie restriction too long -- not that simply eating more of anything will fix them/return them to normal. I'd also agree from first-hand evaluation: I've restricted calories far too long and I'm still working past the problems it's created now. I don't even know what an actual "craving" is anymore since it can be hit or miss sometimes with food & what I want/what's good/etc.
Yep, that's what I thought he meant — that all digestion issues are caused by undereating for a period of time. I wish it were that simple, but that hasn't been my experience, unfortunately. I eat the amount of food guys twice my size eat, even refed (with nutritious foods) for a year and a half on 6000+ calories daily and still struggled with pretty severe digestive issues.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I've now realized that poor sleep has been my biggest issue since peating. At this rate, I would have turned an insomniac. My deep sleep has been absolutely trashed.
No wonder I wasn't feeling energetic.
Now that I realized how beneficial is starch to my sleep, I can asses what my baseline level is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals