RP Diet & Lifestyle For Young Men With A Lust For Life

postman

Which are those?
I just did a google search on it, was expecting to find a couple of studies on some plant extracts and whatnot that I've seen before but I found another more interesting study in rats.

https://academicjournals.org/journal/AJPP/article-full-text-pdf/7564FBA57102 - Combination of lauric acid and myristic acid prevents benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms in animal model

"Benign and uncontrolled growth of prostate gland is known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a common health issue that affects 8% of all men at the age of 40, 60% of men in their 70s, and 90% of those greater than 80 years of age. In this study, we investigated whether a combination of lauric and myristic acid improved BPH in a testosterone propionate (TP)-induced model of BPH in rats. BPH was induced in the rats with a subcutaneous injection of TP (3 mg/kg) and combination of different doses of lauric acid and myristic acids given every consecutive day for 4 weeks. Combination of lauric and myristic acid led to significant reductions in prostate weight and dihydrotestosterone levels in the serum and prostate. Therefore, combination of lauric acid and myristic acid was effective in reducing TP-induced BPH in a rat model, and may be useful for the clinical treatment of patients with BPH."

lauric acid rats.png

Group 2-5 were injected with testosterone.

Here are the less interesting studies:
Inhibition of type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase activity by free fatty acids, active ingredients of Permixon® - ScienceDirect
Potency of a novel saw palmetto ethanol extract, SPET-085, for inhibition of 5α-reductase II
Pharmacologically Relevant Receptor Binding Characteristics and 5α-Reductase Inhibitory Activity of Free Fatty Acids Contained in Saw Palmetto Extract

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I think Christopher Walker is a decent source of info and useful. Protein and starch, with some sugars
That's a good base. What are the downsides of starch? Phosphate?
I'm Continental European, my ancestors probably relied a lot on starch.

postman

I think ,C.Walker, Tim Berzin and Stan Efferding are good sources or info for people looking for increase metabolism, build muscle and aiming for good energy levels, all of them are influenced by Peat ideas but translated for not obese sick people, but more for young/active/athletes/ people.
Christopher Walker used to sell books about how to increase your testosterone with something resembling a paleo diet, up until just a few years ago. He's very good at marketing.

Kartoffel

I just did a google search on it, was expecting to find a couple of studies on some plant extracts and whatnot that I've seen before but I found another more interesting study in rats.

https://academicjournals.org/journal/AJPP/article-full-text-pdf/7564FBA57102 - Combination of lauric acid and myristic acid prevents benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms in animal model

"Benign and uncontrolled growth of prostate gland is known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a common health issue that affects 8% of all men at the age of 40, 60% of men in their 70s, and 90% of those greater than 80 years of age. In this study, we investigated whether a combination of lauric and myristic acid improved BPH in a testosterone propionate (TP)-induced model of BPH in rats. BPH was induced in the rats with a subcutaneous injection of TP (3 mg/kg) and combination of different doses of lauric acid and myristic acids given every consecutive day for 4 weeks. Combination of lauric and myristic acid led to significant reductions in prostate weight and dihydrotestosterone levels in the serum and prostate. Therefore, combination of lauric acid and myristic acid was effective in reducing TP-induced BPH in a rat model, and may be useful for the clinical treatment of patients with BPH."

View attachment 15643

Group 2-5 were injected with testosterone.

Here are the less interesting studies:
Inhibition of type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase activity by free fatty acids, active ingredients of Permixon® - ScienceDirect
Potency of a novel saw palmetto ethanol extract, SPET-085, for inhibition of 5α-reductase II
Pharmacologically Relevant Receptor Binding Characteristics and 5α-Reductase Inhibitory Activity of Free Fatty Acids Contained in Saw Palmetto Extract

This study does not show that lauric acid in any way reduces serum testosterone, or DHT production from testosterone. It merely shows that it keeps androgens within a healthy range when exogenous testosterone is given, and that it prevents prostate cancer. So, the statement that you highlighted is not even correct. The lauric and myristic acid did not lead to a reduction of T or DHT - the levels were still higher than in the control group.

redsun

That's a good base. What are the downsides of starch? Phosphate?
I'm Continental European, my ancestors probably relied a lot on starch.

Not probably, 100% guaranteed. Downsides of starch would be if you choose very high fibers one that you can't tolerate. Potatoes without skin are good, rice is good but doesnt have potassium. Potatoes of all kinds are good options and would be the bulk of starch calories with other starches taking the minor part of diet. You can look at phosphorus content on cronometer but I would not avoid phosphorus foods of course, but you can supplement some calcium if you are worried about it. Then meats that you like to eat of course and sugar intake being minor.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Sorry to ask this if you already addressed it:
1) what's your total calorie intake?
2) what's your macros like?
3) what's your micros like?
4) what does your training program look like?
5) what has worked for you in the past?

1. 3500 calories, some weeks less, some weeks a bit more. Hypercaloric diet
  2. Macros: 50% carbs,30% fats, 20% protein. I eat over 250g of sugar / day and over 450g of carbs in total.
  3. I'd say I eat a pretty nutrient dense diet. I eat liver, oysters not. I do use metabolic boosters like sugar, Red Bull, Aspirin, Taurine, B complex
  4. Went from 5 bodybuilding workouts / week (they were draining and I could feel my T levels drop at the end) to now just 3 heavy, intense, strength-based workouts (Reverse Pyramid: deadlifts, squats, pull-ups, chin-ups, bench press)
  5. I'll tell you what has not worked: Low-carb / Keto / Carnivore has been a disaster to my energy levels and strength in the gym. I felt best on high-carb (high starch), moderate-high protein, moderate fats & high MUFA). My strength in the gym was at its best on such a diet. I was at my heaviest and most muscular on such a diet.However it caused me permanent bloating, not so great energy levels outside the gym. And it probably contributed to the worsening of my hairline. Also libido was mediocre, but a little better than now.

Last edited:

postman

This study does not show that lauric acid in any way reduces serum testosterone, or DHT production from testosterone. It merely shows that it keeps androgens within a healthy range when exogenous testosterone is given, and that it prevents prostate cancer. So, the statement that you highlighted is not even correct. The lauric and myristic acid did not lead to a reduction of T or DHT - the levels were still higher than in the control group.
No. you misread the study. Like I just said, group 2-5 were given testosterone, group 1 was not given testosterone.

ExCarniv

high-protein, high-starch

Tell that to 99.9% of professional athletes, after years of research, is still the staple for people who play sports and lift weights and to do that, you need tons of energy.

Most of Peat talks are directed to obese sick people or menopausal womans.

Kartoffel

No. you misread the study. Like I just said, group 2-5 were given testosterone, group 1 was not given testosterone.

No, I understand the study just fine, you misread what I wrote. Testosterone and DHT in groups 4 and 5 were still higher than in group 1.

Kartoffel

Tell that to 99.9% of professional athletes, after years of research, is still the staple for people who play sports and lift weights and to do that, you need tons of energy.

Most of Peat talks are directed to obese sick people or menopausal womans.

That sounds like typical beefcake nonsense to me.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@redsun I still eat some starch in the form of potatoes and rice. I never went starch free. Muscles feel less pumped.
When I was eating rice, potatoes and oats, that's when my muscles were fuller and fully filled with glycogen.

postman

No, I understand the study just fine, you misread what I wrote. Testosterone and DHT in groups 4 and 5 were still higher than in group 1.
No you did misread it. You just said that the lauric acid and myristic acid combo didn't decrease T and DHT. Read the study again. Again, group 2-5 were all given testosterone. 2 was given nothing but testosterone, 3 was given tesosterone + finasteride, and 4 and 5 were given testosterone, and lauric acid + myristic acid in different concentrations. In fact, the group being given the highest amount of lauric acid and myristic acid had even lower T and DHT levels than the group that was given finasteride.

If you're trying to see if a rat that was given testosterone had its T and DHT levels dropped when being given lauric acid + myristic acid, you compare it to the rat that was only given testosterone and nothing else. Not to the rat that was given nothing at all.

ExCarniv

I yet have to see active, muscular, good looking people doing well with tons of OJ, milk, ice cream and white sugar.

So, till then, I'd listen to people with actual results.

Kartoffel

No you did misread it. You just said that the lauric acid and myristic acid combo didn't decrease T and DHT. Read the study again. Again, group 2-5 were all given testosterone. 2 was given nothing but testosterone, 3 was given tesosterone + finasteride, and 4 and 5 were given testosterone, and lauric acid + myristic acid in different concentrations. In fact, the group being given the highest amount of lauric acid and myristic acid had even lower T and DHT levels than the group that was given finasteride.

If you're trying to see if a rat that was given testosterone had its T and DHT levels dropped when being given lauric acid + myristic acid, you compare it to the rat that was only given testosterone and nothing else. Not to the rat that was given nothing at all.

I did not. To support the statement "lauric acid lowers testosterone or DHT" you need to have two groups one of which is given lauric acid+ a standard diet, while the other group receives only a standard diet. Then, you look at serum testosterone and DHT. Very simple, really. As I said, the study you posted simply shows that lauric acid prevented the harmful effects of exogenous testosterone, or had some effect on absorption.

ExCarniv

@redsun I still eat some starch in the form of potatoes and rice. I never went starch free. Muscles feel less pumped.
When I was eating rice, potatoes and oats, that's when my muscles were fuller and fully filled with glycogen.

Probably oats caused the bloating you had before, you need to test your tolerance.

Potatoes and rice are well tolerated for most normal people, staples for entire civilizations, don't listen to sick orthorexic people, listen to people who have actual results, like @olive or @Hans from here or Stan Efferding, Christopher Walker or Tim Berzins, if you still wants to go in some kind of Peat direction.

You need to follow your own diet and protocol, I don't care what people says, if Potatoes makes me feel well, I will eat them no matter what.

redsun

Which part of it is nonsense? All athletes worth a dam rely on copious amounts of protein in the form of meat and starch for fuel.

I dont think oats are great but you should experiment and see how you do with adding them. Its best to add each one at a time and see how you do with oats. But as someone else wrote it can be an issue with bloating from it.

Kartoffel

I yet have to see active, muscular, good looking people doing well with tons of OJ, milk, ice cream and white sugar.

So, till then, I'd listen to people with actual results.

I see lots of energetic, young looking, fairly muscular guys that eat tons of sugary things and only moderate amounts of protein. Most bodybuilders I know/see tend to be hairy, balding, aggressive, and fairly old looking in comparison to their real age. But as I said, if you feel good on this diet, go ahead with it. There are lots of individual components to what diet will give you good energy.

Kartoffel

Which part of it is nonsense? All athletes worth a dam rely on copious amounts of protein in the form of meat and starch for fuel.

As an excuse I will take into account that you are American, but there are other sports than American football and bodybuilding. Ask Lionel Messi how much meat he eats per day. Starch isn't usually bad, if your intestine is in good shape, but I think there are enough studies showing the benefits of extra sucrose in athletes' diets.

milkboi

Christopher Walker used to sell books about how to increase your testosterone with something resembling a paleo diet, up until just a few years ago. He's very good at marketing.

His marketing is strangely similar to the BS Bulletproof Diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals