RP Diet & Lifestyle For Young Men With A Lust For Life

redsun

Most bodybuilders I know/see tend to be hairy, balding, aggressive, and fairly old looking in comparison to their real age.

Most bodybuilders use steroids which can do everything you described. Strenous, competitive bodybuilding with strict routine done for years will also age you, protein and starch is not responsible for the aging, it is stressful routines and steroids. But working out an hour a day for 6 days out of the week will not age you and cause hormonal issues which stem from stress and you can build lots of muscle this way.

Kartoffel

Most bodybuilders use steroids which can do everything you described. Strenous, competitive bodybuilding with strict routine done for years will also age you, protein and starch is not responsible for the aging, it is stressful routines and steroids. But working out an hour a day for 6 days out of the week will not age you and cause hormonal issues which stem from stress and you can build lots of muscle this way.

I think the evidence is very clear that excess meat and animal protein intake decrease life span and increase the likelihood of a lot of degenerative diseases. Especially excess meat correlates strongly with intestinal diseases such as colitis, IBD, and dysbiosis. Starch and fiber can contribute to these processes.

redsun

I think the evidence is very clear that excess meat and animal protein intake decrease life span and increase the likelihood of a lot of degenerative diseases. Especially excess meat correlates strongly with intestinal diseases such as colitis, IBD, and dysbiosis. Starch and fiber can contribute to these processes.

Yes I am well aware you are completely convinced on this front. If you had ever done a meat only diet for a short length of time you would not be saying meat intake correlates with all sorts of digestive issues. You will never understand how ridiculous it sounds to hear someone saying "excess meat correlates strongly with intestinal diseases such as colitis, IBD, and dysbiosis" when there are people that specifically do extreme elimination diets where they eat only meat or meat and white rice to get rid of those exact issues you mention.

I will be honest sometimes I burst out laughing when I read these pro-vegan type statements online, not just yours btw because I know 100% the feeling of the most smooth, quiet, perfect digestion and gut emptiness and it comes from meat only or a strict elimination diet of meat and fruit juice or a carb source that has virtually no fiber. Of course elimination diets reduce nutrient variety and are not good in the long term but meat is the best tolerated food you could possibly eat. It's just silly to suggest meat could possibly be responsible for GI diseases.

Kartoffel

Yes I am well aware you are completely convinced on this front. If you had ever done a meat only diet for a short length of time you would not be saying meat intake correlates with all sorts of digestive issues. You will never understand how ridiculous it sounds to hear someone saying "excess meat correlates strongly with intestinal diseases such as colitis, IBD, and dysbiosis" when there are people that specifically do extreme elimination diets where they eat only meat or meat and white rice to get rid of those exact issues you mention.

I will be honest sometimes I burst out laughing when I read these pro-vegan type statements online, not just yours btw because I know 100% the feeling of the most smooth, quiet, perfect digestion and gut emptiness and it comes from meat only or a strict elimination diet of meat and fruit juice or a carb source that has virtually no fiber. Of course elimination diets reduce nutrient variety and are not good in the long term but meat is the best tolerated food you could possibly eat.It's just silly to suggest meat could possibly be responsible for GI diseases

This was by no means a pro vegan statement. I am not a vegan, nor do I think that a vegan diet is particularly good. I eat a moderate portion of meat, fish, or eggs everyday. I think it is just silly to assume that all the human, epidemiological evidence and animal experiments showing excess meat consumption to be disease promoting are wrong just because your short-lived n=1 experiment had good results. I am not denying that meat only diets can have benefits for some people, but if this is an ideal diet, why are there so many carnivores complaining about destroying their health after being on this type of diet for a few years? A high-meat/protein diet is simply not sustainable and very unhealthy in the long-term. The evidence on that is clear, and isn't changed by your bro science.

redsun

This was by no means a pro vegan statement. I am not a vegan, nor do I think that a vegan diet is particularly good. I eat a moderate portion of meat, fish, or eggs everyday. I think it is just silly to assume that all the human, epidemiological evidence and animal experiments showing excess meat consumption to be disease promoting are wrong just because your short-lived n=1 experiment had good results. I am not denying that meat only diets can have benefits for some people, but if this is an ideal diet, why are there so many carnivores complaining about destroying their health after being on this type of diet for a few years? A high-meat/protein diet is simply not sustainable and very unhealthy in the long-term. The evidence on that is clear, and isn't changed by your bro science.

I dont think I mentioned carnivore, just an elimination diet. Which I stated was not a good idea long term obviously because it lacks nutrient variety unless you include organs but then it lacks carbs. This isn't n=1, anyone that does that kind of elimination diet will experience the exact same thing, 100% guaranteed. And many people have done exactly that and later are able to reintroduce foods back in. Point was about meat not being at fault for digestive diseases, which you say it correlates to. Not suggesting a permanent carnivore type elimination diet, you can generally do it with white rice and/or fruit juice you can tolerate but its not necessary.

A high-meat/protein diet is simply not sustainable and very unhealthy in the long-term. The evidence on that is clear, and isn't changed by your bro science.

Funny, my health only got worse the moment I dropped protein intake when I ran into Peat's ideas. Worked well running on dairy, fruit, sugar highs and 100-120g(which you actually still consider high) protein until I basically dealt with constant hypo symptoms ironically by following Peat diet principles. 150g protein daily for me or I turn to dust. A high meat diet has been the only diet that has been "sustainable" for me. And when I mean sustainable, I mean it literally. If I am skimp on meat(meaning I eat less than 150g or so of protein) for days, I pay for it with hypo symptoms, cognitive decline and a sour mood among other things. Of course its nice to eat lots of non-protein calories, thats basically what peating is to a degree but that's what ***** everyone up that comes to RPF. Fear of protein. There are few here that do good with little protein. I would have to drop muscle mass if I wanted to feel okay on less protein.

For the record, there is no evidence, no proof at all showing quality meat consumption(fresh, organic unprocessed meat) is disease-promoting. Processed and poor quality meats is another thing, but lmao not real quality fresh meat gtfo of here.

Kartoffel

Of course its nice to eat lots of non-protein calories, thats basically what peating is to a degree but that's what ***** everyone up that comes to RPF. Fear of protein. There are few here that do good with little protein. I would have to drop muscle mass if I wanted to feel okay on less protein.

Come on, that's just silly. Peat is an advocate of a fairly high animal protein diet. He advocates considerably more than the standard recommendation.

Got the idea of starting this thread after a reply I received here: Not Doing Well On High Fruit | Juice Intake

I’m a total lurker, but I have been quietly following a lot of your posts and you’ve got me motivated enough to post.
Dude, ditch the Ray Peat effort. You’re only having problems. If your concern is anabolism, testosterone, etc, there are other resources to read on like anabolicmen.com and Christopher Walker. Both are very heavy supplement sales driven but the book Master Your T has enough good information on the subjects you’re looking for.
Trying to cobble together a Ray Peat diet has you going in circles of anxiety. Maybe read through @olive posts.
Even look at LeanGains.com and apply some principles to an alternative.
You’re too young to be fretting about on an old man diet like Peat’s. Read the alternatives and do some more vigorous stuff.

So, I'm interested in some general guidelines for a young man to follow.
The 2 main motivations / pursuits that attracted me to RP are:
  • hope for greater energy levels
  • hope for high androgens & high Testosterone
  • hope for better mental health / resillence, which would have a positive effect on my social life
  • hope to stop thinning & receding hairline
I am lean and fit, have some muscle mass. Though I suffer from low T / libido and low energy levels (dedicated threads)
Any thoughts / guidelines?
I lift heavy weights 3 times / week for aesthetics & strength. I don't do cardio, except walking.

• should someone like me be taking stuff like Aspirin, if I'm not overweight or something?
  • should I include more starch / glucose for greater strength in the gym?

Milk has some serious screws loose,and is an infected Food.
3 hulky odorous stools a day gets lauded and applauded in the wholesome,
but cyberspacey- peatsphere.

All this talk about your digestion is iffy..
You will get iffy digestion or sibo or whatever from those infected Foods like the milg!

• hope for greater energy levels
  • hope for high androgens & high Testosterone
  • hope for better mental health / resillence, which would have a positive effect on my social life
  • hope to stop thinning & receding hairline

.. Ray Peats comfort-Food approach is seriously mistaken and sometimes rag-time or goofy-like juggling
of poorly understood equilibria of lazy-Food like infected milc VS. the ensuing juggling of the sideeffect-hormones.

Inflamed by infected food such as the milk,now sibo?take aspirin,it actually heels that stomach!
high Prolactin,estrogen?t-t-thigh-roid!

For Salt induced low cerebral blood flow change your breathing please(CO2
cant replace physiologic NO,it is not a toxic wasteproduct but here to help us,only
excess at the wrong place is bad.),the bag knows best,we just dont know how to breathe!

Most if not all people have massive micronutrient debt through less than optimal eating through
youth and adolescence.You cant just eat ******* slime-oysters once a week,and be done with it.
Everything made out of quadratic Cardboard:the milg,the OJ,the Oyster,the Liver,the LSD-protocol.
Also,high-altitude.
Also,the ******* OJ LOL:Full of Carbamates,Anti-Epileptic.
Most nutrients are actively transported and only so much is absorbable in one sitting,
you need to consume B12 2 times a day if you make "use"(dont have a choice) of the active transport
that was needed to discriminate against more harmful cobalt-species.

You have to replete every nutrient in the dosages that are used for deficiencies,and as long
as regeneration occurs,hold them higher,take a good Multivitamin,the only that i know of is Thorne 2/day,
but im not American.
But you can look that up and everyone else and see the forms that are good in my opinion.
Chris Masterjohn is on-Point with his knowledge and analysis,and is the go-to guy in terms of Nutrition.

Lo fiber,Lo Pufa,Lo Allergen,No Grain,No Legume,Pro-sat-Fat Bodybuilding Diet without milk,and with supplements,repleted in everything is the best diet.

..Just hang in there!!

10792868-3x2-460x307.jpg

Last edited:

redsun

Come on, that's just silly. Peat is an advocate of a fairly high animal protein diet. He advocates considerably more than the standard recommendation.

When I came here I saw 80-100g and that sometimes 120g may be needed as the recommended intake on the forum. I did 100-120g. Perhaps the info I looked at was wrong when I first came here but seeing as how most new posters asking for help have this similar range of intake means it probably wasnt just me. Later(and I mean recently) I see Peat recommending 1g per lb of LBM or something like that. Never saw this as a newb here and only saw it recently. At this point I am not sure what his recommendation is, but at the time I saw 80-100g possibly 120g and thats what I worked on.

I will be honest sometimes I burst out laughing when I read these pro-vegan type statements online, not just yours btw because I know 100% the feeling of the most smooth, quiet, perfect digestion and gut emptiness and it comes from meat only or a strict elimination diet of meat and fruit juice or a carb source that has virtually no fiber. Of course elimination diets reduce nutrient variety and are not good in the long term but meat is the best tolerated food you could possibly eat. It's just silly to suggest meat could possibly be responsible for GI diseases.

+1

harsh but total truth.
i dont know what people have with all their digestion-problems,the sibo-protocol, until
i eat phony food like crackers,cookies and the such.Then i marvel at the strongwill
and lead-lined tummy Humans seem to possess!!
Seriously,if you have digestion problems,eat meat and ripe fruit and raw garlic and supplement the rest!

Well said.

Kartoffel

You will get iffy digestion or sibo or whatever from those infected Foods like the milg!

.. Ray Peats comfort-Food approach is seriously mistaken and sometimes rag-time or goofy-like juggling
of poorly understood equilibria of lazy-Food like infected milc VS. the ensuing juggling of the sideeffect-hormones.

Inflamed by infected food such as the milk,now sibo?take aspirin,it actually heels that stomach!

cant replace physiologic NO,it is not a toxic wasteproduct but here to help us,only
excess at the wrong place is bad.),the bag knows best,we just dont know how to breathe!

Most if not all people have massive micronutrient debt through less than optimal eating through
youth and adolescence.You cant just eat ******* slime-oysters once a week,and be done with it.
Everything made out of quadratic Cardboard:the milg,the OJ,the Oyster,the Liver,the LSD-protocol.
Also,high-altitude.
Most nutrients are actively transported and only so much is absorbable in one sitting,
you need to consume B12 2 times a day if you make "use"(dont have a choice) of the active transport

You have to replete every nutrient in the dosages that are used for deficiencies,and as long
as regeneration occurs,hold them higher,take a good Multivitamin,the only that i know of is Thorne 2/day,
but im not American.
But you can look that up and everyone else and see the forms that are good in my opinion.
Chris Masterjohn is on-Point with his knowledge and analysis,and is the go-to guy in terms of Nutrition.

Lo fiber,Lo Pufa,Lo Allergen,No Grain,No Legume,Pro-sat-Fat Bodybuilding Diet without milk,and with supplements,repleted in everything is the best diet.

..Just hang in there!!

View attachment 15645

Are you drunk or something? Or do you always "communicate" in this way?

When I came here I saw 80-100g and that sometimes 120g may be needed as the recommended intake on the forum. I did 100-120g. Perhaps the info I looked at was wrong when I first came here but seeing as how most new posters asking for help have this similar range of intake means it probably wasnt just me. Later(and I mean recently) I see Peat recommending 1g per lb of LBM or something like that. Never saw this as a newb here and only saw it recently. At this point I am not sure what his recommendation is, but at the time I saw 80-100g possibly 120g and thats what I worked on.

120g or even 80-100g (and he says that should be animal protein) is significantly more than the average Westerner consumes, and also much more than any institution recommends. So, by objevtive measures, its is a high-protein recommendation. It doesn't matter that your own perceived need for protein is twice or thrice that of the average person, it is still comparatively high.

Kartoffel

I beg your pardon?
Im straight edge without ideological backing.
I always "communicate" in this way!

Oh, ok. It's just that your style is neither comprehensible nor funny (if that was your intention).

postman

Also,high-altitude.

but im not American.

..Just hang in there!!

View attachment 15645
haha i enjoyed this post

Oh, ok. It's just that your style is neither comprehensible nor funny (if that was your intention).

So you didnt understand anything!?
i will try to rectify that,but i almost cant believe it to be honest.
You are an honest one right?

Kartoffel

Professional football (soccer) players eats high protein diets, tons of eggs and fish and some red meat too, And they avoid milk , gluten and added sugar.

No, they don't.

"Kartoffel said:
Ask Lionel Messi how much meat he eats per day."

Holy shoot,i asked him.

What is your Diet,Lionel Messy?
Starting in 2014, Lionel Messi's diet shifted heavily toward water, good quality olive oil, whole grains, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, nuts, and seeds.

postman

thx!
..i thrive to be understood really!
maybe one day.
maybe the LSD, the Cyproheptadine,the high altitude protocol!?
Maybe you meant strive, or maybe you did mean thrive that could also kinda fits :lol:. Yes, microdose LSD, bagbreath on mount everest, drink 6 cups of coffee per day, 2 quarts of milk and 1 quart of orange juice, take thyroid progesterone dhea pregnenolone and progesterone, retinol k2 d3, and don't forget to take a big tablespoon of salt before each meal!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals