RESULTS! UV Damaged Skin Looking Much Better

kayumochi

The skin on my forearms is UV damaged. The dermatologist calls them "lesions" but they don't look as bad as that word sounds: they are/were reddish spots and some of them feel a little rough. Over the last few years, changes in diet have reduced inflammation and the overall appearance of my forearms improved and the lesions weren't as noticeable as they used to be (people used to comment on them). This spring I began taking aspirin + niacinamide 2-3 times daily to see if it would improve this condition - and it did, quickly. The roughness is gone and the overall appearance has dramatically improved. It looks so good in fact, that there is no reason to go back to the dermatologist and have her freeze off the lesions with liquid nitrogen anymore - there is nothing for her to do. In addition, I seem to tan better - no burning.

L

lollipop

The skin on my forearms is UV damaged. The dermatologist calls them "lesions" but they don't look as bad as that word sounds: they are/were reddish spots and some of them feel a little rough. Over the last few years, changes in diet have reduced inflammation and the overall appearance of my forearms improved and the lesions weren't as noticeable as they used to be (people used to comment on them). This spring I began taking aspirin + niacinamide 2-3 times daily to see if it would improve this condition - and it did, quickly. The roughness is gone and the overall appearance has dramatically improved. It looks so good in fact, that there is no reason to go back to the dermatologist and have her freeze off the lesions with liquid nitrogen anymore - there is nothing for her to do. In addition, I seem to tan better - no burning.
WoW. Great results. A testiment to these ideas and the estrogen lowering benefits of Aspirin and niacinimide.

yerrag

What made you decide on using aspirin and nuacinamide for your skin condition? Can you share with us your thought process leading to this? Congratulations!

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

What made you decide on using aspirin and nuacinamide for your skin condition? Can you share with us your thought process leading to this? Congratulations!

I came across links at this forum to studies relating to skin cancer and Niacinamide and aspirin.

yerrag

I came across links at this forum to studies relating to skin cancer and Niacinamide and aspirin.
What was your protocol? How much aspirin and niacinamide did you use? How long did it take? That's a great success story!

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

What was your protocol? How much aspirin and niacinamide did you use? How long did it take? That's a great success story!

the amount of aspirin is quite small: I buy the aspirin crystals "horse aspirin" and measure out tiny amounts (75mg - 325mg) 2-3 times a day. The Niacinamide has been in the 1500 - 2000mg 2-3 times a day. Didn't really stop to appreciate how good the skin looks until this week. I started this regimen around May 1.

squanch

Have you tried using the niacinamide topically (a 5 % solution in water)?
Worked really well for acne and redness on my face.

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

No, I haven't but I am considering it. Am guessing you make it yourself? Nothing topical ever worked for me but that might.

squanch

No, I haven't but I am considering it. Am guessing you make it yourself? Nothing topical ever worked for me but that might.
Yes, I just mix a pure niacinamide powder with water and put it in a spray bottle. I was also very surprised how well it worked on my face. Dirt cheap and lots of studies to support it too.

Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance. - PubMed - NCBI
A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma
http://jtad.org/2008/4/jtad82402a.pdf

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

Yes, I just mix a pure niacinamide powder with water and put it in a spray bottle. I was also very surprised how well it worked on my face. Dirt cheap and lots of study to support it too.
Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance. - PubMed - NCBI
A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma
http://jtad.org/2008/4/jtad82402a.pdf

I will try it on my forearms. What size is your spray bottle and how much powder do you add?

squanch

I will try it on my forearms. What size is your spray bottle and how much powder do you add?
I use a 100 ml glas spray bottle, put 5 g of niacinamide powder in it and then top it of with water. Gives you a 5 % solution, which is what a lot of studies used with great success.

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

I use a 100 ml glas spray bottle, put 5 g of niacinamide powder in it and then top it of with water. Gives you a 5 % solution, which is what a lot of studies used with great success.
thanks. will get a bottle and give it a go!

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Even with insurance, the copay at the dermatologist is pricey. My forearms look so good there is no reason to go back. After treating the lesions with liquid nitrogen they have always come back. But not this time.

Nikki

My 2 cents- i would not discontinue the oral aspirin and niacinamide if the topical does work. Who knows what internal cancers (or roots of the skin lesions) you may be preventing/affecting with the oral supplements.

Could you state your approx weight for reference on the dosage? Also could u stare an affordable niacinamide source for oral (and topical)? I'd need to bathe in it i think because ive spots on my back.

I had GI bleeding on 325mg aspirin 2x day, and bruising clotting issues. My growth hormone injections with tiny 30g needle would cause bleeding and bruising. Not only was I concerned about brain bleeds or bleeding excessively from a minor injury, but i was not wanting to waste a medicine which costs me $20/day. When i withdrew the needle, blood gushed from the tiny hole and im sure some of the GH came with it. Had almost as much post injection bleeding on 325mg 1x day, so im now taking 81mg 2x day and have no clotting issues. 160mg per day was effective for preventing recurrence of ischemia and heart attack in a study i read recently. It's perhaps not enough to kill/ revert abnormal cells but im hoping it can still assist in this area.

650 mg/day aspirin and 6.25mg iodine/day were certainly helping my 2 skin spots turn from irritated, pink, and rough to a less pink and soft state where there was no irritation. I wasnt sure whuch supplement caused the effect but suspect each played a role. Now that my aspirin dosage is lower irritation and more redness is returning to the 2 spots.

Can anyone suggest a proper way to balance vit K w aspirin to obtain the tumor killing affects of aspirin without the bleeds? I'm suspicious that ive already had a minor stroke or two and am concerned about both clottimg and bleeding. Since sufferimg what i think was a stroke or series of strokes, its much harder to comprehend the type of info i used to absorb like a sponge. Ive improved a lot and keep improving, but i think im far from the 4.0 student i was in college. Please bear with me as i regain my brain :)

Nikki

Nikki

Wow. thanks for the Fantastic tip!
Can u pm me with your source please? Also your protocol eg amt and Frequency of application. Do you do it just after a shower when skin is clean or? Have you ever tried to combine the niacinamide with a lotion? ??

Nikki

squanch

Wow. thanks for the Fantastic tip!
Can u pm me with your source please? Also your protocol eg amt and Frequency of application. Do you do it just after a shower when skin is clean or? Have you ever tried to combine the niacinamide with a lotion? ??

Nikki
I use the powder from a German company (Dragonspice Niacinamide)
Any food grade niacinamide should be fine, I'm sure there are similar products in other countries. Dan lists a few on his site: Niacinamide supplements with the fewest additives - Toxinless

I use it once a day after I shower. Just spray it on my face and rub it in a little. I don't really do anything else to the skin on my face. No soap, just wash it with water in the shower once per day and apply the 5 % niacinamide solution afterwards.

Iceman2016

So, I have a not as bad but related problem.

I have a pretty severe, permanent "farmer's tan" in that my head, neck, and my forearms are permanently tanned much darker than the rest of my body. Not necessarily red and inflamed, but definitely tanned with the skin starting to look slightly more aged then the rest of my body.

Any ideas as to whether aspirin/niacinamide internally or externally might be able to reverse this?

yerrag

the amount of aspirin is quite small: I buy the aspirin crystals "horse aspirin" and measure out tiny amounts (75mg - 325mg) 2-3 times a day. The Niacinamide has been in the 1500 - 2000mg 2-3 times a day. Didn't really stop to appreciate how good the skin looks until this week. I started this regimen around May 1.
Thanks. I'm wondering how you take niacinamide at that dosage. Do you take this straight up or mix into drinks? It doesn't seem practical taking in capsule form since you'll be taking many capsules. It tastes nasty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals