Request: A Guide to Meats

J

j.

I would like to consume the ideal amount of the minerals Peat recommends, like copper, zinc, and others, and I think choosing the right meats can be helpful to achieve this goal.

The only cut I eat regularly, once a week, is liver. What are the properties of other cuts from a Peatarian perspective? What are the benefits of consuming shrimp and oysters, and how do they differ? What about other cuts like beef tongue and brain, and chicken heart?

nwo2012

j. said:
I would like to consume the ideal amount of the minerals Peat recommends, like copper, zinc, and others, and I think choosing the right meats can be helpful to achieve this goal.

The only cut I eat regularly, once a week, is liver. What are the properties of other cuts from a Peatarian perspective? What are the benefits of consuming shrimp and oysters, and how do they differ? What about other cuts like beef tongue and brain, and chicken heart?

Oysters are best source of zinc and copper. All seafood for your selenium and iodine.

Brain will give you some pregnenolone.
Hearts I eat just for the taste. Heres detailed analysis:
http://skipthepie.org/poultry-products/ ... asses-raw/

J

j.

I asked Ray Peat whether beef tongue is better or worse than the typical muscle meat. His response:

Ray Peat said:
I haven't seen the amino acid analysis, but I think it's similar.

J

j.

According to a website, beef tongue has 8 times the amount of vitamin k beef liver has. Source:

Beef tongue
Beef liver

The sites linked above also have an amino acids analysis for these two cuts, but I don't know how to interpret that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hugh Johnson Dr. Wodarg And Dr. Yeadon Request A Stop Of All Corona Vaccination Studies Vaccines 7
Lizb Mike Yeadon And Dr Wodarg Request Stop To Vaccine Approval In EU Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
koreus Request: No Starch / Grain - Carb Heavy Meals Recipes 9
methylenewhite My Recent Blood Work. Interpretation Request Blood Work, Labs 17
Francisco A Humble Request For Ray Peat’s Email Ask For Help or Advice 12
W Request Help With Thyroid Panel And NDT Dosage Ask For Help or Advice 2
raysputin Request For Health Advice Ask For Help or Advice 3
healthnatura Vitamin K1 Request Poll Health Natura 6
Westside PUFAs Request Carbocaine Next Time You Need To Get Numb At Dentist Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
J Request: Ray Peat's View Of The Immune System Ray Peat Topics 39
bzmazu Your Guide To The Great Reset Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 3
R A Comprehensive Guide To Mastering Autism, Autoimmune And Other Neurological Disorders Health 4
Hans Guide On How To Optimize Glucose Oxidation Articles & Scientific Studies 39
Hans How To Lower Prolactin: A Quick 10 Tip Guide Articles & Scientific Studies 18
Hans A Guide On Taking Care Of Your Joints Articles 8
Hans How To Fix Your Liver Guide Articles 57
Hans A Guide On PFS Articles 15
milkboi PUFA Depletion Guide On Youtube Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 1
jzeno Guide To Ray Peat: Simple, User-friendly Guide To Applying Lessons Learned From The Research Of RP Experiments 24
frant26 Mexico City Food Guide Logs 58
KalosKaiAgathos Guide On Noise Pollution Mind, Sleep, Stress 2
KalosKaiAgathos Free E-book Sized Guide On Cannabis-based Products Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
A Supplement Advice/guide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
KalosKaiAgathos Sleep Quality Guide Insomnia, Sleep Issues 16
johnwester130 Newbie Guide To Vision And Myopia Improvement Health 54
kayumochi A Short Guide To A Long Life Cancer 6
johnwester130 Simple Newbie Guide To Peat's Work : Logs 35
K Scalp Massage Guide? Hair & Nails 1
DaveFoster The Peat Diet Guide: Hit Your Macros, Micros, And Banish PUFA Diet, Recipes 18
DaveFoster Aspirin - Safety Guide Aspirin 42
Dopamine A Guide To Phenibut Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 50
O Guide To Red Light / Infrared Light Therapy? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 46
J Anti Serotonin Guide (Lifestyle/ Diet) Health 21
BingDing The Ray Peat Survival Guide [Joey Lott] Book Recommendations 2
K How to Meditate or "Flow"- The guide of an Awakened person Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 7
N New- is there a guide for newbies? Meet & Greet 1
D Firebrand Meats - Low PUFA Pork Meat 5
L The Organ Meats That Should Not Be Eaten (According To Ray Peat) Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 19
Kunder Any Views On Processed Meats? Meat 12
biggirlkisss If You Don't Eat Meat, Liver Or Organ Meats What Can You Be Missing? Ask For Help or Advice 60
E Do Meats In Supermarkets Contain Higher Amounts Of Endotoxin? Meat 7
F Completely going without gelatin / gelatinous meats? FredSonoma 18
Y Too much muscle meats? Meat 3
A UK organic meats Meat 10% off first order :) Diet, Recipes 10
D Game Meats Meat 13
R What Are Considered Muscle Meats? Meat 1