Red Face

Scenes

Anyone know the cause and cure for constantly red complexion? My face always has a red tinge to it, sometimes flaring up to look angrily red and irritated, but even when I’m managing it well it’s always red.

Peat says B2 or b vits in general but I often get that allergenic type response to them.

Considering antibiotics but open to suggestion. Currently using t3 and taurine which keep me warm but may be making it worse.

OP
S

Scenes

blood pressure?
Nope I donate blood every 6 months or so and always within range.

I think it’s related to intestinal inflammation but not sure the cause and connection to the face.

lampofred

I think Peat said if you are in a reduced state then your face gets redder.

Red light and methylene blue and any oxidizing agent should help. They do for me, if I overdo them my face actually gets a bluish tinge (which means the respiratory copper enzymes are working well).

RobertJM

I’ve also got this red face nowadays and I also liken it to intestinal inflammation. But you know, I’ve had intestinal issues since day one of my Ray Peat lifestyle. Activated charcoal helps with the symptoms of high serotonin but it does nothing for my face, which (these days) is constantly red.

I’ve completely lost the ‘facelift’ effect that I used to get from pregnenolone because, in my opinion, the red face just completely dominates my face now. I have gotten away with it this summer as people just think I’m sunburnt, but I am deliberately avoiding the sun on my face.

Could it be histamine? I think getting all oral supplements out of the diet first may be the first thing to try. I would take cyproheptadine but I hate it’s soul crushing depressive effects (and it still has that effect for me, when taken alongside thyroid).

OP
S

Scenes

Does it itch? Sounds like eczema.

Haha nothing like eczema. No itch at all. Looks permanently sunburnt, but only on the face.

@lampofred Methylene blue does help but I don’t like using it all the time.

Would like to understand the mechanism behind it. What do you mean by a ‘reduced state’?

Faith

Histamine. I was diagnosed with Rosacea by a respected Dermatologist and told diet didn't matter, which was total BS. As soon as I stopped eating high histamine foods so did the redness, which only returns if I eat something I shouldn't. At its worst, it felt and looked like a chemical burn.

Mauritio

In my opinion its caused by endotoxin and adrenaline.

Faith

If you avoid high histamine foods for a period of time and don't have improvement, then it probably isn't histamine. It is what was causing redness for me.

Arnold Grape

Does anyone think this is high NO? I always notice that the men in the gym who are drinking the pre workout drinks seem to have weird/ red faces.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals