RAY PEAT ART GALLERY

yerrag

I know, I wrote "Aging Fast & Alien Confusion", but that has nothing to do with being a man, but more to do with wasting time and aging fast ?
How would you know?

How would you know?
I have stated in this forum before, that I like a nerdy guy, but there is nothing wrong with a guy who mows his own lawn, lift some pounds and reads a lot of studies either. That sound well balanced to me!

yerrag

I have stated in this forum before, that I like a nerdy guy, but there is nothing wrong with a guy who mows his own lawn, lift some pounds and reads a lot of studies either. That sound well balanced to me!
And what about aging fast?

yerrag

Well some people want their rewards earlier while they can still use them, it is why memories are so valuable :)
A short and sweet life, or a long and crummy life? But can't you have your cake and eat it too? Peaters can do that, can't they?

A short and sweet life, or a long and crummy life? But can't you have your cake and eat it too? Peaters can do that, can't they?
I don't know, it depends on how much of your "credits" you spent earlier playing it safe or throwing care to the wind, thinking you are gonna live forever. By the time we all start finding Ray Peat interesting we either need his words or we are heeding good advice before we need it. We all weigh what we want of of this Ray Peat stuff differently. If some people just ONLY avoid the PUFA's and nothing else they are far better than most.

This one is my favorite :)

Attachments

• 20210712_200025.jpg
    20210712_200025.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 31

yerrag

I don't know, it depends on how much of your "credits" you spent earlier playing it safe or throwing care to the wind, thinking you are gonna live forever. By the time we all start finding Ray Peat interesting we either need his words or we are heading good advice before we need it. We all weigh what we want of of this Ray Peat stuff differently. If some people just ONLY avoid the PUFA's and nothing else they are far better than most.
I agree the PUFA avoidance is big.

Funny thing that I'm surprised to learn of a keto person who is doing much better than many Peaters. How? PUFA avoidance.

She wasn't doing PUFA and she'd been 2 years at it, losing a ton of weight and having a blood sugar of 80 while on long fasts. I was taken aback when she can do that, showing that she has excellent blood sugar regulation despite her keto lifestyle. I didn't want to confront her keto-ness, but told her that she has done well and that soon enough, if she chooses to do so, she could go back to enjoying carbs and she wouldn't be getting obese anymore. She was very happy to hear of that. I ended our chat planting a seed, telling her that good sugar metabolism is the key to long-term health, and she didn't offer any rebuttal, which I found encouraging.

That is the bliss of being on the wrong track and yet serendipitously doing it right. Rather than being on the right track and trying to be smart and gaming the system. Ray Peat said 4 years to clear the PUFA out the system if one were to go cold turkey on PUFA. She is doing that. And many Peaters don't do that. It is a matter of "Just Do It" in this case and she is well along on her way.

The end result is having your cake and eating it. You can enjoy regular Coke and have no guilt and no love handles for it. You can enjoy sweets, and you can enjoy all the fruits with no care for what the fructose naysayers say. You can travel around the world and eat the food of exotic cultures. As a real Peater, you can live life truly to its lees.

I agree the PUFA avoidance is big.

Funny thing that I'm surprised to learn of a keto person who is doing much better than many Peaters. How? PUFA avoidance.

She wasn't doing PUFA and she'd been 2 years at it, losing a ton of weight and having a blood sugar of 80 while on long fasts. I was taken aback when she can do that, showing that she has excellent blood sugar regulation despite her keto lifestyle. I didn't want to confront her keto-ness, but told her that she has done well and that soon enough, if she chooses to do so, she could go back to enjoying carbs and she wouldn't be getting obese anymore. She was very happy to hear of that. I ended our chat planting a seed, telling her that good sugar metabolism is the key to long-term health, and she didn't offer any rebuttal, which I found encouraging.

That is the bliss of being on the wrong track and yet serendipitously doing it right. Rather than being on the right track and trying to be smart and gaming the system. Ray Peat said 4 years to clear the PUFA out the system if one were to go cold turkey on PUFA. She is doing that. And many Peaters don't do that. It is a matter of "Just Do It" in this case and she is well along on her way.

The end result is having your cake and eating it. You can enjoy regular Coke and have no guilt and no love handles for it. You can enjoy sweets, and you can enjoy all the fruits with no care for what the fructose naysayers say. You can travel around the world and eat the food of exotic cultures. As a real Peater, you can live life truly to its lees.
You said it so well Yerrag! It is really about PUFA avoidance, the rest is just less and less wrinkles and more and more enjoyment in eating. If your friends wants to take some risks losing weight quick more power to her. If a guy immerses himself in studies and flexes some muscle the same to him. I think being informed is our power as "Peaters", and we can all do what we want with it!

yerrag

You said it so well Yerrag! It is really about PUFA avoidance, the rest is just less and less wrinkles and more and more enjoyment in eating. If your friends wants to take some risks losing weight quick more power to her. If a guy immerses himself in studies and flexes some muscle the same to him. I think being informed is our power as "Peaters", and we can all do what we want with it!
I'm just lucky I was already finishing my 4 year cold turkey from PUFA before I joined RPF. Otherwise, I would be attempting some instant gratification version of it in the form of a 30-day mod of it. I really didn't read it as I didn't need it, but I really do wonder if anyone ever benefited from that thread of it. It's like making good wine or good cheese. Give it the time needed for it to develop. The things that are instant are big pharma and its drugs, but many people cannot untangle themselves from its pervasive toxic effect on their thinking. Process-based thinking becomes magic-pill lunacy.

I'm just lucky I was already finishing my 4 year cold turkey from PUFA before I joined RPF. Otherwise, I would be attempting some instant gratification version of it in the form of a 30-day mod of it. I really didn't read it as I didn't need it, but I really do wonder if anyone ever benefited from that thread of it. It's like making good wine or good cheese. Give it the time needed for it to develop. The things that are instant are big pharma and its drugs, but many people cannot untangle themselves from its pervasive toxic effect on their thinking. Process-based thinking becomes magic-pill lunacy.
You and me both Yerrag! I went cold turkey too. I can't enjoy things I liked before not knowing they were bad. I was 4+ years watching the forum before joining. I didn't want to add until I knew it worked. I feel for people who can't let go of their suppliments. They are short term gratification with long term consequences. I have never taken prescription drugs, but I am glad to know herbs aren't necessary either. Let me not cast the first stone, as I still love my tequila. It is no more of an offence then someone who enjoys their pasta or sushi outings, I just sleep better. We have power in our knowledge, we all us it wisely or not.

yerrag

You and me both Yerrag! I went cold turkey too. I can't enjoy things I liked before not knowing they were bad. I was 4+ years watching the forum before joining. I didn't want to add until I knew it worked. I feel for people who can't let go of their suppliments. They are short term gratification with long term consequences. I have never taken prescription drugs, but I am glad to know herbs aren't necessary either. Let me not cast the first stone, as I still love my tequila. It is no more of an offence then someone who enjoys their pasta or sushi outings, I just sleep better. We have power in our knowledge, we all us it wisely or not.
We both took the PUFA cold turkey challenge and it paid off! I wish we can hear of more of this here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals