Beyond Nutrition

Beastmode

Have you had any new interest since discovering Peat's work besides nutritional changes?

I've noticed I'm much more into art (i.e- tesselation patterns) music (i.e- learning the piano,) permaculture, etc. A big thing is seeing the subtle nature of things way more now. Almost like a child does when starring at a leaf outside or my experience chewing food.

I reached out to Ray with the following and thought it would be a appropriate here.

Me:
I've been revisiting tesselation patterns throughout nature and attempting to "refresh" my perception on creating, asking better questions, etc.

I see and have heard in your interviews that you paint and sculp (I believe,) and wondering what kind of key insights you may have had over the years with anything regarding tesselation patterns, etc.

When did you first realize the association with art and science/philosophy and so on?

Ray:
Painting led to thinking about the process of perception, and that to phenomenology, and the problems of flowing time and multiple perspectives caused me to think about the way meaning exists in a painting—generality revealed in the specific. That leads to holism in science, the realization of the impossibility of reductionism.

yerrag

I think that it has helped me develop my sensory perception in the way that I take time to observe, to pause and to think, to absorb stimulus, so I can make connections and thereby be able to interpret them. This allows me to reshape long held beliefs.

Ray has opened me to the reality that deceit is widespread and institutionalized. Conventional wisdom, when put under the microscope of thoughtful examination, holds little or no truth. Being a slave to the minutiae of noise from social media, to the ever-increasing city and airport traffic that robs us of time, and to the addictive nature of media-binging in sports, YouTube, and. Netflix, add that to the daily chores from work and home, and the all-too-often emergencies from poor health in us and in our families and friends, all make time to dwelve into and discover truths more difficult. And this describes the majority of people, with whom I find it increasingly hard to connect with. Same language, same culture, same locality, but another tribe in every meaningful way.

People pray and hope for miracles when someone is gravely ill. The ICU is where one meets an inglorious end to his life, the bill to allow the discharge of the deceased the highest ever in the deceased's lifetime - the worst tax imposed on one's life and one's family. As the hospital does its best to poison the patient, a nun walks in daily, to pray. This gives solace but nothing else.

Finding a place where one can be detached - a place like the town of Mayberry - would be better for me than the sophisticated cosmopolitan places where the educated elites practice their false ideologies and feed off the ignorance of the miseducated and brainwashed masses.

I don't know, but I'm trying to morph myself into becoming a hunterer-gatherer. This way, I have a lesser need to conform to the rules of civilization, which ultimately seeks to repress the individuality of man. And along with that, the pretense of half-truths.

Last edited:

michael94

I think that it has helped me develop my sensory perception in the way that I take time to observe, to pause and to think, to absorb stimulus, so I can make connections and thereby be able to interpret them. This allows me to reshape long held beliefs.

Ray has opened me to the reality that deceit is widespread and institutionalized. Conventional wisdom, when put under the microscope of thoughtful examination, holds little or no truth. Being a slave to the minutiae of noise from social media, to the ever-increasing city and airport traffic that robs us of time, and to the addictive nature of media-binging in sports, YouTube, and. Netflix, add that to the daily chores from work and home, and the all-too-often emergencies from poor health in us and in our families and friends, all make time to dwelve into and discover truths more difficult. And this describes the majority of people, with whom I find it increasingly hard to connect with. Same language, same culture, same locality, but another tribe in every meaningful way.

People pray and hope for miracles when someone is gravely ill. The ICU is where one meets an inglorious end to his life, the bill to allow the discharge of the deceased the highest ever in the deceased's lifetime - the worst tax imposed on one's life and one's family. As the hospital does its best to poison the patient, a nun walks in daily, to pray. This gives solace but nothing else.

Finding a place where one can be detached - a place like the town of Mayberry - would be better for me than the sophisticated cosmopolitan places where the educated elites practice their false ideologies and feed off the ignorance of the miseducated and brainwashed masses.

I don't know, but I'm trying to morph myself into becoming a hunterer-gatherer. This way, I have a lesser need to conform to the rules of civilization, which ultimately seeks to repress the individuality of man. And along with that, the pretense of half-truths.
yeah I can agree with that.