What if...Ray Peat is still alive

Waynish

Impermanence is one of the four noble truths. Aversion to aging illness and death is delusion. Wanting the material body to last forever is materialism. Realizing what has always been will always be - by definition - is wisdom.

Momma

Immortality isn’t found through health or this life.

OP
Apple

Apple

starting at 34:35
They speak about how many people around the world lived to 130 ... 150 yo on a simple diet of bread, water, restricting meat .
They mention that meat is very pro-aging due to high phosphorous .

OP
Apple

Apple

Patrick: Many Catholic monks, somehow lived past 100 on nothing but bread and water. Do you think their lack of movement may have conserved their carbon dioxide? That's a great question.
Ray: Yeah, the the church, both the Orthodox Church in the Caucasus region and the Catholic Church in South America, for example. They've been keeping marriage, birth and death records for hundreds of years, and they've documented lots of people living 130 and 150 years and more. In these areas in England, they keep pretty good records going back several 100 years and that they have the record 1 old guy, Old Parr they called him, lived into his 150s according to good documents, and he was taken to visit the king because he was such an exceptional person, he died shortly after visiting the King... changing his diet. He said he had habitually eaten cheese and bread crusts. Very, very cheap, minimal diet, but he died after having some banquets with the king.
Patrick: Because they eat all this rich food, the kings.
Ray: And an autopsy found that there was no disease in his body in his 150s and Abkhasia and the Caucasus and Vilcabamba in the Andes, there are well documented, multiple cases of people in their 140s and 150s and older.
Pat: And what kind of diets today get to 140?
Ray: Very simple diets and those are high altitude areas where they have both sheep, goats and cows and so they eat good proportion of milk and cheese in their diet, as well as having the high altitude environment that spares their carbon dioxide and the monks, monks and priests. Have. Usually a very simple, routine diet. I think sometimes they might fall into just the right balance of nutrients, not not too much meat. For example, meat is a very pro aging thing because of the low calcium, high phosphate content. I think that the high phosphate is probably one of the life shortening things.
Pat: There we are with the phosphate again. But you don't generally think or maybe I don't, I'm just not thinking properly. About bread as being nutritious, but I guess it depends on. The essence of the original grain and how it's made and everything.
Ray: A little bit, you know if it's made traditionally letting the yeast rize gradually , keeping the grain moist. The grain thinks it's sprouting when you let it level naturally, the moisture activates enzymes that breakdown the gluten and reduce the toxicity and make it more digestible. So it's a reliable simple carbohydrates. And the it does provide the trace minerals and if they have cheese or milk to balance that the the calcium becomes the predominant mineral which I think has an anti stress life prolonging effect.

Last edited:

lvysaur

I was off this forum for a few years and came back to see it is conspiracy theory central.
It's really noticeable when you look at the tone and the join date of the members. After 2018 or so and there tends to be "no chill"

AlaskaJono

It's really noticeable when you look at the tone and the join date of the members. After 2018 or so and there tends to be "no chill"
I was reading Ray's website from 2013, and only gained some interest in the forum here from say 2015/16 onwards, and then joining up in early 2020. Yes I totally agree there is a movement away from straight biochemical/health information and issues, and more into 'other' realms. But do remember that Ray brought up in several many interviews the political 'string pullers' (TPTB, etc.) the Club of Rome/Bilderberg Group/Committee of 300/WEF, etc.. . So Ray was aware of such pyramidal structures of power in the global picture. And actually the very basis of Ray's work is quite related to Gilbert Ling's work, as well as Harold Hillman. Both considered 'conspiracy theorists' in the microbiology realm still today.

Badger

Patrick: Many Catholic monks, somehow lived past 100 on nothing but bread and water. Do you think their lack of movement may have conserved their carbon dioxide? That's a great question.
Ray: Yeah, the the church, both the Orthodox Church in the Caucasus region and the Catholic Church in South America, for example. They've been keeping marriage, birth and death records for hundreds of years, and they've documented lots of people living 130 and 150 years and more. In these areas in England, they keep pretty good records going back several 100 years and that they have the record 1 old guy, Old Parr they called him, lived into his 150s according to good documents, and he was taken to visit the king because he was such an exceptional person, he died shortly after visiting the King... changing his diet. He said he had habitually eaten cheese and bread crusts. Very, very cheap, minimal diet, but he died after having some banquets with the king.
Patrick: Because they eat all this rich food, the kings.
Ray: And an autopsy found that there was no disease in his body in his 150s and Abkhasia and the Caucasus and Vilcabamba in the Andes, there are well documented, multiple cases of people in their 140s and 150s and older.
Pat: And what kind of diets today get to 140?
Ray: Very simple diets and those are high altitude areas where they have both sheep, goats and cows and so they eat good proportion of milk and cheese in their diet, as well as having the high altitude environment that spares their carbon dioxide and the monks, monks and priests. Have. Usually a very simple, routine diet. I think sometimes they might fall into just the right balance of nutrients, not not too much meat. For example, meat is a very pro aging thing because of the low calcium, high phosphate content. I think that the high phosphate is probably one of the life shortening things.
Pat: There we are with the phosphate again. But you don't generally think or maybe I don't, I'm just not thinking properly. About bread as being nutritious, but I guess it depends on. The essence of the original grain and how it's made and everything.
Ray: A little bit, you know if it's made traditionally letting the yeast rize gradually , keeping the grain moist. The grain thinks it's sprouting when you let it level naturally, the moisture activates enzymes that breakdown the gluten and reduce the toxicity and make it more digestible. So it's a reliable simple carbohydrates. And the it does provide the trace minerals and if they have cheese or milk to balance that the the calcium becomes the predominant mineral which I think has an anti stress life prolonging effect.

"A Tibetan monk was discovered last weekend living in a remote Himalayan mnt. cave in northern Nepal. Documents & DNA testing have confirmed that the monk is believed to be the oldest living person in the world at 143 YEARS OLD!

OP
Apple

Apple

"A Tibetan monk was discovered last weekend living in a remote Himalayan mnt. cave in northern Nepal. Documents & DNA testing have confirmed that the monk is believed to be the oldest living person in the world at 143 YEARS OLD!
Those monks are full peat-arians. In a sense , they don't have gut bacteria.
They often find Buddhist mummies in nepal or kalmikia which got preserved in good state, some even claim that they are still warm.
The theory is that they meditate so long that all gut bacteria just dies out , hence their bodies don't decompose

Last edited: