What if...Ray Peat is still alive

Apple

I don't mean any disrespect here...
I recently watched a movie where a painter imitates his death , which of course makes him famous due to some mistery around his recluse life...and his paintigs become ridiculously expensive and in demand.
-"My Masterpiece" -2018
-"Posthumous" -2014
-Vincent van Gogh -the unappreciated artist who died in 1890 could sell only 1 painting during his lifetime. Today his art is a legacy and is priced in millions.
-There are enough true stories when an artist becomes famous after his or her death.

Ray Peat is an Ideal candidate for this:
- I haven't seen any trustworthy obituary for him.
- cause of death : "it was his time to go" and many are satisfied with this, using suspiciously convenient word "privacy"
- mistery around his death
- eccentric personality. "sugar is good" is enough to get the title. I'm still wondering if he really meant "white sugar" since he always underscores "sugar from real fruit". But "sugar is good" sounds more radical , provocative, going up against mainstream. While he actually meant - "fruit is good". Hence ... excellent PR move, play of words.
- Ray Peat sure has a huge collection of paintings
- Are we going to see his paintings on the market ?
- He is quite familiar with Mexico (the easy country to hide) and could be enjoying his orange juice with raw milk now while his paintings are waiting for the right moment to be sold. We may never find out, some art collectors prefer secrecy and in 10 years somebody will start selling them at auction.

If he really faked his death , can we trust his words regarding health ? I think he mentioned somewhere that we shouldn't blindly trust every his words.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

- cause of death : "it was his time to go" and many are satisfied with this, using suspiciously convenient word "privacy"
And who are you to Ray Peat? Are you his wife? Son? Daughter? Close friend? Next door neighbor? Business partner?

Or, are you someone who was ONLY familiar with his publicly available works?

I think the only reason you find any "mistery" around his death is because you think you had a personal relationship with the man, when in reality, you probably never once interacted with him.
If he really faked his death , can we trust his words regarding health ? I think he mentioned somewhere that we shouldn't blindly trust every his words.
He never once asked you to "trust" his words. And you weren't supposed to trust his words. You were supposed to "Perceive, Think, Act." You were supposed to put his words to the test. At that point, it doesn't matter, because you have real world results.

sunny

You don't sound like you have read or listened to much Peat.
"I don't mean any disrespect here..." ........
And yet, you succeeded in immense disrespect.
Congratulations.

Ben.

And yet, you succeeded in immense disrespect.

Not sure what is disrespectful here. He proposed a theory. Thats it.

Last edited:

Roni123@

they just pointed out an idea, you're mad because you're absolutely sure of something that moved you and you don't debate it. we can't even believe in ourselves. We have deep respect for Ray and he too, just threw something in the air to be debated.

Roni123@

I recently watched a movie where a painter imitates his death , which of course makes him famous due to some mistery around his recluse life...and his paintigs become ridiculously expensive and in demand.
-"My Masterpiece" -2018
-"Posthumous" -2014
-Vincent van Gogh -the unappreciated artist who died in 1890 could sell only 1 painting during his lifetime. Today his art is a legacy and is priced in millions.
-There are enough true stories when an artist becomes famous after his or her death.

- eccentric personality. "sugar is good" is enough to get the title. I'm still wondering if he really meant "white sugar" since he always underscores "sugar from real fruit". But "sugar is good" sounds more radical , provocative, going up against mainstream. While he actually meant - "fruit is good". Hence ... excellent PR move, play of words.
- He is quite familiar with Mexico (the easy country to hide) and could be enjoying his orange juice with raw milk now while his paintings are waiting for the right moment to be sold. We may never find out, some art collectors prefer secrecy and in 10 years somebody will start selling them at auction.

I had thought about that too, I still can't believe anything that happened, nothing is stopping a new movie coming out or maybe he just wants to get some rest away from the crowds

sunny

Not sure what is disrespectful here. He proposed a theroy. Thats it.
Well, if it were true, it would be a decision made by Dr. Peat. He would have decided that he had given freely of himself and his work for long enough, and he had chosen to live the rest of his life disconnected from the life he was living. If it were true, we would need to respect that and not speculate, or internet hunt him. Imo.

Sunny Jack

People said the same about Aajonus Vonderplanitz when he fell off his balcony in Thailand in 2013.

It seems highly unlikely, and in Ray's case extremely out of character. The risk of being discovered in the fraud would be high, and would certainly be used to discredit his writings. Why fake your own death at 86 anyway? I think this is the 'denial' or maybe 'bargaining' stage of grief.

Brandin

-"My Masterpiece" -2018
-"Posthumous" -2014

he did mean sugar can be good, not just fruit... Also even if the faking death were to be true, how would that make him not trustworthy? If that were to be true it would have likely been done to make what he believes in go viral.

dukesbobby777

Not sure what is disrespectful here. He proposed a theory. Thats it.

Well that's how it is in these here parts. You talk against the narrative and you get slapped about by the usual suspects around here. Keeps you in line.

Izzybelle

If he did fake his death (which I doubt), I don't think he did it to make a fortune. I do, however, like the idea of him living some idyllic life somewhere in Mexico... Kind of like Jim Morrison (also influenced by William Blake), and all the rumors surrounding his death, because people just weren't ready to let him go. I'm having a tough time letting Peat go too.

OP
Apple

Apple

I think the only reason you find any "mistery" around his death is because you think you had a personal relationship with the man, when in reality, you probably never once interacted with him.
You can not blame me for that.
Many people already posted that Ray Peat was like a father or grandfather to them despite they have never interacted with him in person and some even cried over the news about his death.

Sure Ray Peat knew we would be questioning his death and our gossiping on here hardly can damage his plans.
I recently witnessed a real story when an unknow painter dies (from a different country) and his paintings become famous and popular on the internet and different auctions. Which happened to be in Mexico.
But unlike him RP became a legend during his lifetime who happened to be a painter

Last edited:

AlaskaJono

You can not blame me for that.
Many people already posted that Ray Peat was like a father or grandfather to them despite they have never interacted with him in person and some even cried over the news about his death.

Sure Ray Peat knew we would be questioning his death and our gossiping on here hardly can damage his plans.
I recently witnessed a real story when an unknow painter dies (from a different country) and his paintings become famous and popular on the internet and different auctions. Which happened to be in Mexico.
But unlike him RP became a legend during his lifetime who happened to be a painter
Apple, you and the other people who never had a relationship with Ray Peat directly through phone or email or in person can surely respect Ray Peat's life work and advice. The projection of a 'father' or 'grandfather' figure onto this man is rather obvious, and belies the lack of integration in both the emotional and intellectual realms. This is not a negative aspect truly, just one to be aware of. @tankasnowgod was leading you to the fact that if Ray is a teacher for you, you learned something, received some beneficial results, and the application of Ray's motto "Perceive, Think, Act" apparently wasn't one of them.

And Yes, your original posting blurb is disrespectful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals