Raspberries Vs Aspirin?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

BobbyDukes said:
I assume those aspirin risks are based on terrible science and ignorance.

To be honest I didn't give much credit to the whole aluminum thing and whatever they said about aspirin, I was mainly curious about the raspberries and how they measure up to aspirin and if anyone had tried them.

BobbyDukes

I wouldn't know precise figures, nor do I know anything about anything, but I'd guess that fruit is poor in comparison. Unless you were a fruitarian and eating significant amounts of the stuff?!

As long as the aspirin isn't cut with toxic fillers, I don't see what the problem is (easier said than done, I know). Plus, the raspberries themselves contain toxins (according to Peat), with the seeds, pesticides, etc.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I'm curious, it looks like no one has tried it, I will see if I can get my hands on some out here in Arizona and let you know how it goes

schultz

From the site...

"A 3/4 cup of red raspberries has approximately 5 grams of salicylic acid (20).

The typical daily dose of pills considered safe for adults treating inflammatory conditions, fever, or pain is between 3 and 4 grams (with the exception of rheumatic fever, which allows sufferers more) (21)."

I went to the source they cite and it says...

"A 100-gram serving (about 3 /4 cup) of red raspberries contains around 5 milligrams of salicylic acid."

Haha, 5mg is a wee bit different than 5g. You would need 3750 cups of raspberries to get 5g - or - 239,850 calories :shock:

BobbyDukes

schultz said:
From the site...

"A 3/4 cup of red raspberries has approximately 5 grams of salicylic acid (20).

The typical daily dose of pills considered safe for adults treating inflammatory conditions, fever, or pain is between 3 and 4 grams (with the exception of rheumatic fever, which allows sufferers more) (21)."

I went to the source they cite and it says...

"A 100-gram serving (about 3 /4 cup) of red raspberries contains around 5 milligrams of salicylic acid."

Haha, 5mg is a wee bit different than 5g. You would need 3750 cups of raspberries to get 5g - or - 239,850 calories :shock:

Better make sure you are near some restrooms, with that many raspberries. That could be rather dramatic.

tara

Sweet raspberry sauce or drink tastes much better than aspirin.
Or sweet raspberry jelly as cheesecake topping. Or raspberry and milk smoothie.
Easy to leave most of the seeds behind.
I can't comment on aspirin-like effects, though.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I wanted to throw an update here on my Raspberry Experiment. I bought four little tubs of organic fresh Raspberries that were about 6oz each, or 180 grams or so. I started by eating a tub before going to bed. I seemed to sleep well, but I cannot really say I felt any Aspirin like effect. I tried it again the next night with one tub and had the same null reaction.

So I decided to see what it would be like in the morning, before work. I tried two tubs of the Raspberries, equaling about 12oz of the fruit, in the morning after breakfast. I think I felt something, I definitely felt more relaxed at work. Each tub cost me about 4 dollars, so eating 8 bucks in Raspberries is a bit steep for my monthly budget. When I got home that night I did have bloody stool...soo maybe too much fiber I dunno. Anyways, if anyone ever tries to eat a bunch of Raspberries, it seems like you have to get down almost a pound to notice much.

tara

I think htat much raspberrie might be too much for me in one go - maybe too acid? I get tired of them if I eat too many. I buy a kilo at a tiime of frozen berries, and just use 50-100g from time to time to add to something else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals