Aspirin May Halve Air Pollution Harms

Mauritio

Aspirin may halve air pollution harms
https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/10.1164/rccm.201905-1003LE

They found that the use of any NSAID nearly halved of the effect of PM on lung function, with the association consistent across all four weekly air pollution measurements from same-day to 28 days prior to the lung function test.

A new study is the first to report evidence that nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin may lessen the adverse effects of air pollution exposure on lung function. The team of researchers from the Columbia Mailman School of Public Health, Harvard Chan School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine published their findings in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.

Because most of the people in the study cohort who took NSAIDs used aspirin, the researchers say the modifying effect they observed was mainly from aspirin, but add that effects of non-aspirin NSAIDs are worthy of further exploration. While the mechanism is unknown, the researchers speculate that NSAIDs mitigate inflammation brought about by air pollution.

An earlier study by Baccarelli found that B vitamins may also play a role in reducing the health impact of air pollution.

Kartoffel

Now everybody knows that you read Georgi's blog ;)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Now everybody knows that you read Georgi's blog ;)
I got it from sciencedaily.com ,you should check that out , I think thats where georgi gets a lot of his studies from, since I have come across quite a few that he posted

T

TheBeard

I still can’t convince myself to start aspirin in fear of hurting my gut and most of all my kidneys

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I still can’t convince myself to start aspirin in fear of hurting my gut and most of all my kidneys
IMO the fear of getting gut problems, ulcers or stuff like that on aspirin is completely overdramatized. I dont think anyone gets problems when they take it with food and/or dilute it in water . I actually take 500mgs on an empty stomach without problems whatsoever...

T

TheBeard

IMO the fear of getting gut problems, ulcers or stuff like that on aspirin is completely overdramatized. I dont think anyone gets problems when they take it with food and/or dilute it in water . I actually take 500mgs on an empty stomach without problems whatsoever...

« IMO » « I don’t think »

That’s not going to convince me much more, be a little more persuasive :)

schultz

I got it from sciencedaily.com ,you should check that out , I think thats where georgi gets a lot of his studies from, since I have come across quite a few that he posted

Yah I think it is. When I find an interesting article there it is usually posted on the forum pretty quickly.

« IMO » « I don’t think »

That’s not going to convince me much more, be a little more persuasive :)

I can try.

1) Eat a meal first containing fruit or potassium rich sugar. 2) Dose 1/4 of a 500mg tab at a time. 3) Choose Aspro or Alka-Seltzer or another aspirin + sod. bicarb. combo variant or dissolve regular aspirin in water and add your own sod. bicarb. 4) Drink with straw, avoiding undissolved particles. 5) Have a tablespoon of gelatine with your last meal before bed. 6) Have your favorite vitamin K and magnesium supplement a few times per week or possibly some well cooked greens.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I can try.

1) Eat a meal first containing fruit or potassium rich sugar. 2) Dose 1/4 of a 500mg tab at a time. 3) Choose Aspro or Alka-Seltzer or another aspirin + sod. bicarb. combo variant or dissolve regular aspirin in water and add your own sod. bicarb. 4) Drink with straw, avoiding undissolved particles. 5) Have a tablespoon of gelatine with your last meal before bed. 6) Have your favorite vitamin K and magnesium supplement a few times per week or possibly some well cooked greens.
That. Even if its a little OCD ,but why not?
Besides that this topic has been talked about for years :
Aspirin Does NOT Cause Damage To Stomach Or Intestines

T

TheBeard

Taking something that requires taking something else to counter its ill-effects (vitamin k), I don’t know...

T

TheBeard

Completely agree.

Nevertheless, I will remind you that every supplement you may take, and even many foods, will deplete essential nutrients over time.

That’s why I take no supplement at all.

Feeling a lot better than when I used to supplement with :
Multi
Bs
Etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals