Rancid Progest-E

Elast1c

Do I understand it right that an oxidized bottle of Progest-E would necessarily be very toxic due to sterols in the oil? I noticed after using it an off wheat germ or soybean oil odor and realized it was not similar to the tocovit I had near by. I used some tocovit later after removing it but the Progest-E generally stays on the skin and not sure that the tocovit could help.

Last edited:
Do I understand it right that an oxidized bottle of Progest-E would necessarily be very toxic due to sterols in the oil? I noticed after using it an off wheat germ or soybean oil odor and realized it was not similar to the tocovit I had near by. I used some tocovit later after removing it but the Progest-E generally stays on the skin and not sure that the tocovit could help.
Do you keep your Progest-E refrigerated as suggested?

OP
E

Elast1c

Do you keep your Progest-E refrigerated
I mean they also claim it is fine without refridgeration for some much less longer time. I'm not blaming anyone but myself but I still want to understand what the facts are.

I mean they also claim it is fine without refridgeration for some much less longer time. I'm not blaming anyone but myself but I still want to understand what the facts are.
I was just wondering if leaving it out would make it rancid for my own knowledge, and to bump this thread for you.

Peatress

I've use progest E for several years on and off. I keep it in the fridge, usually. The last bottle I bought was not refrigerated. So far, I have not encountered issues with rancidity. It seems to be stable in all temperatures here. Is it hot where you are? @Elast1c . Maybe different climates require different storage considerations.

OP
E

Elast1c

I was just wondering if leaving it out would make it rancid for my own knowledge, and to bump this thread for you.
Oh! Ok, yeah it is humid here and often hot. And just moved here from the place I lived when I started peating. thanks again.

OP
E

Elast1c

I've use progest E for several years on and off. I keep it in the fridge, usually. The last bottle I bought was not refrigerated. So far, I have not encountered issues with rancidity. It seems to be stable in all temperatures here. Is it hot where you are? @Elast1c . Maybe different climates require different storage considerations.
Yeah two went down, one less as much than the other. Tocovit is ok but it's been less than 6 months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals